bicicletas

Guest HESHIANDET

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

soupBDC, those are 700x25's, not too wide. i bought that whole setup minus the brooks from an old lady for 250 when i was first getting into riding fixed. personally i prefer narrow to wide, 700x23 gatorskins is what im going to be using on the new bridgestone build. i haven't really seen much fixed gears with fatter cruiser style tires though? maybe it's a bay area thing. i'd rather have stiff rims and narrow tires and go really fast.

First race of the season report...

60 mile race on rolling terrain. Cold temperatures with spatters of sprinkles from dark clouds above.

After a neutral roll out of about two miles the pace picked up slightly... as expected. Within five minutes a break got off the front. At first just three guys and within a few minutes it was up to five. In less than ten minutes they were 1:10 ahead of the pack. Now, I can tell you that in the pack we were hauling. At one point, I looked down to see what we were doing and it was 32mph... on the flat, chasing these guys down. We were strung out single file from the front to the back. It stayed that way for about twenty minutes till we hit the first somewhat of a hill. The pace eased for a few minutes then quickly picked up again. I think when the race started we at least 75 riders in the group. When I sat up to see what was going on in front, and then turned to see what was going on in back, I realized we were down to maybe 40 guys. 30 miles into the race I started to feel the effects of such a high pace for so long. I knew my race was all but over and I would not see the finish line with the rest of the group. When I fell this way the only thing left for me to do is make what little time I have of racing worth while. So I rolled to the front and asked a team mate if there had been any momentum made on bringing the break back and he said yeah but team mates of one of the guys in the break were "blocking" and efforts to bring the break back. So my team mate and I went to the front with one other team mate and put the hammer down. This was my way of not only helping the one team mate who wanted to win the race but also making what little time I had left in the actual race worth something. We got within maybe twenty five or thirty seconds of the break before I had to fall back into the pack and recover. I couldn't take another pull. It was shortly after this point that we took a sharp right turn that started a somewhat short climb. And right after that climb five guys go down right in front me. One of the broke some bones... I know. I heard it. I didn't get tangled up in it but it slowed me down and forced me to work my way around the mess. By the time I got back some momentum the rest of the pack, that was in front of the crash, was gone up the road. Not too much but enough to make it very difficult to catch back on with my level of energy. I suffered for a while trying as hard as I could but I eventually sat up and set a steady pace for the rest of the hill. By the time I saw the group again it was on the descent and they were quite a way up the road. My race was over. This was about 40 miles into the race. My legs were screaming and my heart rate was none too happy. After descending the hill I rolled to the side of the road and put on my vest and did a short recovery ride. I chalked up the event to a bad day. I know I'm riding better than I did but for some reason today I just didn't have the energy, or the legs to keep up the pace that was being delt. I'm not worried about it because it's the first race of the season and I'm about a month behind in my training. So even though I got shelled... I was happy with the race. Mostly happy that the crash didn't involve me.

First race of the season report...

60 mile race on rolling terrain. Cold temperatures with spatters of sprinkles from dark clouds above.

After a neutral roll out of about two miles the pace picked up slightly... as expected. Within five minutes a break got off the front. At first just three guys and within a few minutes it was up to five. In less than ten minutes they were 1:10 ahead of the pack. Now, I can tell you that in the pack we were hauling. At one point, I looked down to see what we were doing and it was 32mph... on the flat, chasing these guys down. We were strung out single file from the front to the back. It stayed that way for about twenty minutes till we hit the first somewhat of a hill. The pace eased for a few minutes then quickly picked up again. I think when the race started we at least 75 riders in the group. When I sat up to see what was going on in front, and then turned to see what was going on in back, I realized we were down to maybe 40 guys. 30 miles into the race I started to feel the effects of such a high pace for so long. I knew my race was all but over and I would not see the finish line with the rest of the group. When I fell this way the only thing left for me to do is make what little time I have of racing worth while. So I rolled to the front and asked a team mate if there had been any momentum made on bringing the break back and he said yeah but team mates of one of the guys in the break were "blocking" and efforts to bring the break back. So my team mate and I went to the front with one other team mate and put the hammer down. This was my way of not only helping the one team mate who wanted to win the race but also making what little time I had left in the actual race worth something. We got within maybe twenty five or thirty seconds of the break before I had to fall back into the pack and recover. I couldn't take another pull. It was shortly after this point that we took a sharp right turn that started a somewhat short climb. And right after that climb five guys go down right in front me. One of the broke some bones... I know. I heard it. I didn't get tangled up in it but it slowed me down and forced me to work my way around the mess. By the time I got back some momentum the rest of the pack, that was in front of the crash, was gone up the road. Not too much but enough to make it very difficult to catch back on with my level of energy. I suffered for a while trying as hard as I could but I eventually sat up and set a steady pace for the rest of the hill. By the time I saw the group again it was on the descent and they were quite a way up the road. My race was over. This was about 40 miles into the race. My legs were screaming and my heart rate was none too happy. After descending the hill I rolled to the side of the road and put on my vest and did a short recovery ride. I chalked up the event to a bad day. I know I'm riding better than I did but for some reason today I just didn't have the energy, or the legs to keep up the pace that was being delt. I'm not worried about it because it's the first race of the season and I'm about a month behind in my training. So even though I got shelled... I was happy with the race. Mostly happy that the crash didn't involve me.

Damn...32 mph in the first race of the season...you have me fearing for my life dude. my first race is in 2 weeks.

Damn...32 mph in the first race of the season...you have me fearing for my life dude. my first race is in 2 weeks.

Well, hopefully your pack won't still be fesh from the Cross season. And hopefully none of them will be juiced up like I'm assuming half our field was. Seriously, it was too fast for a February race. Especially when it was a cold and wet winter and I didn't see hardly anyone out on the roads training... ever.

every summer i say im going to build the cross frame i have and train/race......i always pussy out. its for animals

Aren't you a complete animal? Cross is totally made for gun slingers like yourself... get the bike runnin' and shoot some fools on the way to the podium.

Rubbish Heap... that bike is definitely pure class.

So today Ive been given the hookup. Cost+10% on Shimano, Campy, Felt, Colnago, Scott, and some other shit. I know Jokers a fan of his CR1, but how do the others stack up? Ill post a price list as soon as I get it.

Hesh are you seriously moving? You missed febuary in california, I dont know whyd you want to move out now.

I hate bike thieves with a passion... It's a bullshit crime just like the people that break the windows in your car and steal your stereo, fucking scums of the earth.

Than again, I don't have much sympathy for Joe Cheapo who goes to WalMart to buy a $12.99 flimsy cable lock for his expensive bike.

edit: and plus if you stole that shit in the same city you live in, you're a dumbass. Shit isn't even repainted and it's super recognizable with all that stock equipment on. I hope you get clocked at the bike shop when you take it to repair a flat :)