bicicletas

Guest HESHIANDET

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
that cinelli is nice.

no see, it oucld be nice but it is so painfully a fashion accessory.

ps:

everysingle person i have ever known w/a cinelli frame has gotten fucken jaced on it or has it come apart at the welds. 5 + people. those things are cursed. go guerciotti if you like that painted chrome steel itay look.

i hear you, i just have a weak spot for the old 70's olympic cinelli's. they make me get goosebumps. that one is so obviously not an older bike even though the frame/fork still looks nice

the new Supercorsa's are selling at like 12-1300 bucks for frame and fork and I KNOW they arent made with the same care as they used to be, but they look enough like the older ones to make me smile a bit still.

Ive riden a friends Guerciotti and man it felt nice. I alm ost bought it from him but he made the awesome decision to free lock it in someones yard during a big party. needless to say bike=gone.

shit i would have jacked it.

Sucks for the stem measurement. I wish more things were universally measured and regarded in biking, atleast have like a universal measure for components on a road bike, components on a mountain bike, etc..... but then the second someone brings in an old beater French frame into the shop to get repaired, the whole equation is largely skewed.

Shifting the discussion a bit elsewhere, does anyone have anything to say about bike locks? Your favorite, what you roll with, what's best, etc? I'm rolling with a Krypto Mini Evo right now on my beater Raleigh so it's not too much of a concern currently, but thinking about getting an NYF U Lock or chain when the new bike is built up, and selling the Mini Evo, or using 2 locks on those risky 5 hour lock ups in Chinatown.

the paint situation is because they have much more strict paint regualtions in europe. The paint is generally if a lesser quality. There are awesome companies that will ship frames here to be powder coated, but for the most part you get assy paint from that shit. bikes like De Bernardis and Cinellis are shit paint jobs, but at least DeBernardi's undercoat it with white, si when it flakes it doesnt flake to open metal causing rust.

Sugino cranks? Guys... seriously, if you're building up a track bike and want to make it nice then Sugino 75's are not the way to go. That would be like building up a muscle car using an engine from Walmart.

If you want durability and quality...

man joker you're killing me with this post. comparing sugino 75's to walmart is just bullshit.

plenty of racers use them in fact here's a pic of a bike raced this weekend at the world cup

with 75's

363682034_459d730ecd_o.jpg

(wish i could make it bigger but trust those are sugino 75's)

by the way that's a BT sporting the giant logo

Cervelo Soloist Carbon. FTW as prettiest bike I've seen this week. What's been catching your eye round your area?

My sugino 75 are nice. I wouldnt do 170 just cus my 165s still require me to get off the seat to keep the keos from scraping round some turns. That concept just loves to lean. It just does it without asking. I just wish I knew how to better keep the tracknuts from moving on an aluminum dropout. I've tried everything to butt it up against the dropout, even interlocking chains but it doesn't fit right. Only other option i have is to change the tooth ratio but thats more loot than I want to drop on this bike.

man joker you're killing me with this post. comparing sugino 75's to walmart is just bullshit.

Bullshit? Not really... it's a matter of opinion. Just as it's yours that Sugino cranks are okay.

In my opinion, I'd take the Campy equipped carbon Colnago sitting pretty next to the "Giant" bike anyday. I don't hate on track bikes but that red thing is hideous. I'm sure it does it's job perfectly on the boards but if I saw some herb out on the streets with one of those... I can't explain to what level of retarded that would qualify as.

Its like riding Campy track hubs on the street. Why waste the money? They were built for the track not fashion riding around potholes. It's a whole different thing. Just because some dude rides it on a track does not mean it's suitable for the street, and in fact, you may reeeealy want to think twice about the benefits if any of bringing it into a completely different terrain.

i completely understand what you all are saying, i am only drawing an analogy.

are many of the cars on the street meant for what they are doing?

is a hummer necessary or meant for hauling little kids and groceries?

is a porsche meant to be parked outside a swanky restaurant in the gold coast?

when will one ever need to overcome a three foot tall curb as the hummer can?

when will one ever red line all the way through fifth gear as the porsche can?

cars say things. so do bikes. i dont think that this is a surprise to anyone.

at the same time that one can say you dont need campy hubs on the street

another can argue that you dont need 27 gears to get around the city.

i understand that for many of you this is not what you do on your bike,

and that this is the very issue that has gotten some of you so salty.

for many though bikes are like cars but a heck of a lot cheaper.

i am not here to change minds so dont get all bent outta shape over me.

peace!