bicicletas

Guest HESHIANDET

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

if i wasn't looking twice i would swear some of you guys are neocons out on some weird power trip.

i ordered some 75's. pry them from my cold dead hands. on one hand you have to have campy hubs and italian frames, on the other hand they should never touch anything that's not a velodrome? fuck this shit. i'll ride because it's fun and save the pretension for those who really care get uptight about equipment like it's some grave political issue that will change life as we know it. if my bike looks nice, so be it, because if you can't willingly say you'd operate the ugliest bike possible (that operates on function alone, by the way) and then call out riding track bikes anywhere besides the track as some kind of fashion show, that almost sounds like being on the tinge of hypocrisy.

but you know what. i respect hesh, i respect king of hell, i respect joker for being as level headed and clear minded as he is... id unno where the fuck seeking is but he's cool too. ride what you like, i'll ride what i like, and we won't get into silly arguments about this bullshit and instead maybe have eachothers backs because that's the point of having a shared interest, when someone you've never met is hit by a car or gets their bike stolen, you have their back.

bike unity is gay. count me out.

graff unity is gay. count me out

i only care about my team. no one else.

fuck alleycat races

fuck art school

fuck messengers

fuck new jacks

fuck posers

fuck re load

fuck freight trains

fuck everything really (except lil wayne, campagnolo, cocaine, beer, and weed)

bike unity is gay. count me out.

graff unity is gay. count me out

i only care about my team. no one else.

fuck alleycat races

fuck art school

fuck messengers

fuck new jacks

fuck posers

fuck re load

fuck freight trains

fuck everything really (except lil wayne, campagnolo, cocaine, beer, and weed)

well if thats the stance ya wanna take, atleast i get where your coming from.

i completely understand what you all are saying, i am only drawing an analogy.

are many of the cars on the street meant for what they are doing?

is a hummer necessary or meant for hauling little kids and groceries?

is a porsche meant to be parked outside a swanky restaurant in the gold coast?

when will one ever need to overcome a three foot tall curb as the hummer can?

when will one ever red line all the way through fifth gear as the porsche can?

cars say things. so do bikes. i dont think that this is a surprise to anyone.

at the same time that one can say you dont need campy hubs on the street

another can argue that you dont need 27 gears to get around the city.

i understand that for many of you this is not what you do on your bike,

and that this is the very issue that has gotten some of you so salty.

for many though bikes are like cars but a heck of a lot cheaper.

i am not here to change minds so dont get all bent outta shape over me.

peace!

My point is obviously not to say this is only ment for that and thats it because we are talking about track bikes on the street and they were obviously ment for the track. I ride track bikes. I love track bikes. I ride track bikes in the snow. What I'm saying is that you shoulnd't use some component that isn't well suited for what you do just because it's expensive, gucci, vintage, or some new shit you think will make all the other fashion riders sweat you. Certain shit shoulnd't be riden on the street. It's just assanine to ruin some awesome frame or component because you can't be seen in anything less than the most dipped new fangled track bike shit.

Vintage Campy hubs on potholed streets aren't the best of ideas, especially if you don't ride well enough to say that you have "bike grace". You're just going to ruin some awesome shit that someone else would put to good use.

Oh, one more thing.........

FUCK YOU if you ride track bikes without any sort of device to keep your foot on the pedal. Traps, clipless....I don't care..just don't pull that BMX flat strapless pedal shit. It's gay, there's no reason for it, and you look like an asshole. I fucking hate that shit.

Two hour ride today with close to an hour of intervals. Ugh... my legs are burning. And to think that next month is when the hard training starts, oofah.

(Two hours is short for a ride but after a nine hour work day... it seems like a five hour ride)

The new Scott CR1 SL is riding pretty nicely. The shifting is all off but that's fixable. Get the fit all dialed in on Thursday which will be nice. Then it's steady training for the start of race season.

People ride BMX pedals on fixed gear bikes? Hmmm... that doesn't seem very safe.

Why isn't that safe?

I thought it was unsafe when bmx racers decided to start using clipless.... if you look around you can get some nice "in crash" footage of bmx racers with their bikes attached to their feet eating dirt... haha.

Not being attatched to your pedals on fixed gear is completely NOT safe. You use the pull of one leg with the push of the other to help stop. Its total horseshit. NOt even that same thing being attatched when you are riding BMX because the brakes on the bike stop you.

yo i got me some baggy ass fubu's nahwhatimsayin some mofuckin tight ass two toned caps wordisbornawhatimean some tight ass stunna shadezzzzz yaddimean some gangsta ass chains n shit a fatty ass low rider bike cuz thugs ride those fuckinnnnn hella doo doo dumb shit.... im hella hard n shit right nahwahatimsayin straight from the streets raised in the gutters, typin all this out at the library, shits real.

This thread=

"I like bikes"

"Yeah but I like them more than you"

"But I bet you dont even have a track bike"

"oh yeah here it is!"

"ha! that doesnt touch my japanese pursuit frame!"

"well im a messenger in a large city"

"yea but my city's got crazier traffic"

"well I blew all my financial aids from art school on phil wood hubs"

"if its not fixed, its broken"

"Y'know who I hate? other ppl that like bikes and think they like them more than me"

I mean cmon guys, you know the fake fashionistas when you see em, just ignore them. but I will point out I hate talking shop with elitist rich kids that have too much money for their own good. live to ride ride to work. and get a RICKSHAW SUCKAZ

47/16. I enjoy never pedaling faster than 120 rpm, and crying myself uphills.

Hi my names ****** and I climbed 11 miles uphill just to see If I could find Joker's house off in the distance. I settled for seeing half dome, and passing a cop going 48 in a 25 on the way down.