bicicletas

Guest HESHIANDET

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

su200_navy.jpg

If it were me I would go with this Trek, simply for the reason of disc brakes. Here in the Northwest it does often rain and if it's not raining the roads are wet. With regular cantelliver brakes your stopping power is about half as good as disc brakes. Not to mention you won't wear the rim walls out ever and even more gooder... you won't make your whole bike black with grime after a few hours of riding in the wet.

I'd say go with the Trek and put some full fenders with courtesy flaps on there and you'll be one happy camper.

My two cents.

I garentee you that Performer is mid 80s. Fucking Trackstar of all people built it. And theyre not done with the 80s bmx themed bikes. Ooooh no.

I dunno, the concepts a fine bike. Dont let me stop you from buying one. Im just mad at mine, in my garage in pieces, a 53 frame thats too small, a head tube angle that needs a fucking 28 degree offset fork just so I can trackstand and can jam the tire against my shoe and crack the carbon sole of my $200 road shoes... im thinking of parting it and buying this.

7pa3.jpg

and soup, its like comedy how you love the worst shit man. i cant even hate anymore.

i gotta agree, pick up some steel lugged track frame with tight clearances, a short wheel base and steep angles. super agile and fast, with class to match.

than race at the velodrome.

about those 80's bmx styled track bikes. yeah i guess it's a cool concept if you're using your bike just as a gallery piece. just like a full NJS set up (i'm talking NJS approved tubulars / rims, plus the rock hard track saddle and everything) is cool if you're planning on only racing it on the track, or having deep v's is cool if you're actually going to put them to use (i.e. you deliver packages for a living and take your bike places bikes are not supposed to ever go, like down stairs and off huge curbs).

they're ugly though.

p.s. velocity fusions are the absolute shit, fuck some deep v's!

I'm not gonna lie... I like looking at those bikes. They're aesthetically pleasing as far as colorways go. Maybe because I was a teenager when that shit was hot the first time around... I don't know. Don't e-slap me Hesh, jus saying I like looking at the pretty colors.

As for the bikes themselves, well... not as cool as the guy or gal riding them might think. It's no longer a means of transportation as it is a fashion accessory. Tight black pants, lock in your back pocket, a Chrome bag and you're in the club.

I'm more with Rubbish Heap on this one. Make the bike worth it. Use it for more than impressing those who would dare be impressed by a neon green Bianchi Concept with tri-spoke wheels.

Sold my Felt today... what a load off my mind.

Hah its easy for you guys to knock it, youre not the one riding it. I started with a steel lugged roadie from 84. Bridgestone BS400, araya wheels, suntour everything else.. my next bike i wanted to be everything that bike wasnt, paddleshifting, oversized aluminum tubing, carbon fork post etc. When i went lookin for the next track bike i was in the same mindset. Everything comes with age.

Anyone care to help me break down this whole parting business?

Frame: 53 cm Bianchi pista concept, with headset. Frame new 05~$525 with scratches incl. headset~$400 incl post and stem~$440

BB: Sugino 75 New~$111 Used~$50

Crank: Sugino 75 165 new ~$130 Used ~$70

Handlebar: Deda pista new~$80 used~$50

Rear Wheel: Mavic Ellipse New~$250 used $175

If i can sell it all for that much, that comes into $745. Less than $155 away from what i paid for the entire thing to begin with.

I havent a clue what i want to get next. It definitely doesnt need to be as light since my roadie right now with the panniers and stuff on it weighs well over 30 pounds. More like something i can beat up and not care.

Frame: 53 cm Bianchi pista concept, with headset. Frame new 05~$525 with scratches incl. headset~$400 incl post and stem~$440

If i can sell it all for that much, that comes into $745. Less than $155 away from what i paid for the entire thing to begin with.

I don't know about the frame but...

Sugino 75 BB's go for $75, and your selling price will depend on what condition it's in. If it's been well maintained, I'd say $40 to $50. Has it ever seen rain / have you overhauled it before? If there's pitting, throw it out.

I got my Sugino 75 crankset for $175 including the chainring, but the prices have increased and asking 175 for just the crankarms + an extra 75 for the chainring is standard now I believe. Tack it up to $100 or more depending on condition and how generous / greedy you're feeling.

Rear wheel, what hub is the rim laced to, and how's the truing?

I'm not sure which one you're doing, the Olympic or the Sprint, but I sure hope it's the Sprint. That Olympic "run" looks painful! Looks like a cool setting for a race too.

Best of luck!

you know my boy im doing it with wants to do the sprint and im pretty certain its not enough of a challenge. i know for a fact even out of shape now, it would take minimal effort to train for and complete the sprint. the olympic is way more challenging, but im really only concerned w/ the run. i've ran like 4 times in my life, each time was pure misery...saving grace is the course is pancake flat

Hah its easy for you guys to knock it, youre not the one riding it. I started with a steel lugged roadie from 84. Bridgestone BS400, araya wheels, suntour everything else.. my next bike i wanted to be everything that bike wasnt, paddleshifting, oversized aluminum tubing, carbon fork post etc. When i went lookin for the next track bike i was in the same mindset. Everything comes with age.

I havent a clue what i want to get next. It definitely doesnt need to be as light since my roadie right now with the panniers and stuff on it weighs well over 30 pounds. More like something i can beat up and not care.

didnt you just pick this bike up?

your bianchi is without a fork correct souper?

a fork that you have said is near impossible to replace?

may pull that frame price down a bit more, eh?

otherwise this one looks remarkably like bianchis,

though the rake is not specified.

7227.jpg

sorry to make the page all long.

me.jpg

Frame: fit street flow 20.75

Bars: SLAM BARS BITCH!

Stem: shadow top load

Forks: odyssey dirt

Headset: dont know

Grips: edwin

Bar Ends: animal

Seat: shadow(macneil fat cap brown/black soon)

Seat Post: shadow(macneil stump soon)

Seat Post Clamp: shadow

Cranks: 180 powerbites repainted white

Sprocket: animal 25t i wanted a 28 but they didnt have any in the shop

Chain: shadow

Pedals: animal unsealed(soon to be drive mag)

Bottom Bracket: mid

Front Wheel:

Rim: hazard lite

Spokes: primo

Hub: hazard 14mm

Tire: odyssey

Back Wheel:

Rim: fly

Spokes: black

Hub: joytec 9t (shhhh dont tell no one)

Tire: animal asm

Pegs: j-peg lite in front and kink lite in back

you know my boy im doing it with wants to do the sprint and im pretty certain its not enough of a challenge. i know for a fact even out of shape now, it would take minimal effort to train for and complete the sprint. the olympic is way more challenging, but im really only concerned w/ the run. i've ran like 4 times in my life, each time was pure misery...saving grace is the course is pancake flat

Dude... the course could be on a conveyor belt thing like at airports, and I'd still be miserable after five minutes.

:o

I can't believe I just used one of those smiley face things...