bicicletas

Guest HESHIANDET

Alright so I did what I could without the proper tools to tighten the chain but It's still a bit laggy and the drivetrain is loud as fuck. I dunno if the back wheel is out of alignment, or how to make it run smooth as silk without some help from the LBS. Maybe I should just go back and show the guy who owns the LBS and sold me the bike what I've done to his celeste beaut.

On another note, I went to sign up for classes and other errands for next semester which round trip took me a good 70 miles, and yes I went fixie over gears again. Two pairs of shitty Performance lycra shorts under the jeans and my ass was well pampered as needed since I was far too lazy to switch out the carbon saddle. It didn't start hurting until the last five mile stretch home. And fuck what I said earlier about fixed gears being good on the joints, my shit hurts right now, maybe not as bad had it been on the Trek 1000, but still. My headlight fucking died slowly on some road that I needed it most on. I had to take a detour to pick up some new Triple-A's and a double shot espresso for the ride home. Don't think either that this trek was on roads as smooth and flat as glass either.

In all i've come to realize gears are really just for speed. If you're trying to haul through 35 miles of hills in two hours, you may want a few gear options, and a set of brakes as well. Doing it on a fixed gear isn't impossible, it's just not the easiest thing in the world to do.

Anyone know some good tt bars that'll fit a 31.7 mm stem? Preferably blacked out, shy on the bling.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

your last statement about gears is so wrong judging by what you said in the 2nd paragraph. wise up dude. rock the fixed all you want around town, but 70 miles? in jeans? you wanna lay down miles like that be about cycling and proudly rock your shorts.....sheesh.

i clock girls in my kit. believe it.

I kinda like that schwinn...I own a pista and it's definitely nice to see track frames that everyone and their mother doesn't have. On a different note, how do we feel about tubular vs. clincher? After having recently gotten an inexpensive tubular wheelset, I have to say I still don't know how I feel. It was a royal fucking pain in the ass glueing tires on, and to be honest although the ride quality is nicer and the ultra high pressure really cruises, I'd much rather have 1/8 the hassle and cost and go clincher. Maybe if you're cat 1 or 2 it's worth it.

if your not racing tubular makes you retarded..

that schwinn is the biggest piece of fucking posted yet. if you guys were up on shit in cyccling what so ever you'd know the schwinn name was bought by a huge chinese manufacturer a few years back and they are currently available in wallmart. real nice bike. you guys need my voice of hate.

i have a set of wheels w/ tubulars but i would never ride them around town. yeah they ride awesome, but have fun getting a flat. outside of racing they are completely pointless and dare i say just another fashion accessory

yeah I hear you on the flats man...40-100$ nail or pothole. I don't live in the city so the fashion thing probably hasn't cropped up here yet. On a completely different note, what do you ride hesh? I'm curious

if your not racing tubular makes you retarded..

that schwinn is the biggest piece of fucking posted yet. if you guys were up on shit in cyccling what so ever you'd know the schwinn name was bought by a huge chinese manufacturer a few years back and they are currently available in wallmart. real nice bike. you guys need my voice of hate.

http://allanti.com/page.cfm?PageID=328

Where was my bike made?

Schwinn - Schwinn was for many years the largest American brand. All bicycles were made domestically until the late 80's.

In 1985, Schwinn management called mountain bikes a "fad" - oops.12 After two bankruptcies, Schwinn is now owned by Pacific, who also owns GT, Mongoose, and the Pacific (and some other brands). Pacific is headquartered in Madison, Wisconsin.

Under Pacific's ownership, the Schwinn brand is returning to prominence. Pacific sells more bicycles than any other brand in North America. However, that includes Pacific brands sold at WalMart, Target, etc.13

The bikes sold in the U.S. are made in Asia, many by Giant.

Dont know if its been discussed, but if any of you in here are looking for that pretty new track bike, or practically anything well made that rolls on wheels then check out Bilenky Cycleworks of philadelphia pa. They make reaaaaaaaly nice custom stuff to your specifications. For real they make some real nice and really crazy stuff. Custom lugs, super light STEEL race frames, tandems, trikes, cargo bikes, recumbents. and theyre real nice dudes who ride bikes themselves daily.

i ride a track bike tricycle on tubulars w/ re-load pads on every tube as to not scratch my custom sailor jerry paintjob and campy brakes..........

on the real:

colnago chic - all chorus

yakota track frame all miche, twist laced mavics.

drool

your last statement about gears is so wrong judging by what you said in the 2nd paragraph. wise up dude. rock the fixed all you want around town, but 70 miles? in jeans? you wanna lay down miles like that be about cycling and proudly rock your shorts.....sheesh.

i clock girls in my kit. believe it.

Hey man I've got all the professional cycling gear I never wanted, but the only time you'll catch me sportin it is on some secluded mountain road where the only people who see me wearin that shit are my professional buddies who are far too proud of their spandex to be my friends, and other cyclists. It's not exactly summer so you can get places in a pair of jeans and a tee without much recoil. My round-town shit usually spans across six to eight different cities too. School alone is 30 miles away through five of em. Oh my dude I'm all about going distance. It's all about training for that big race that only exists in your dome. It's called me taking advantage of all the fresh air living in san francisco robbed me of.

I've also got a pair of conti gatorskin ultras which have been the dopest pair of tires I've ever used. Tough as nails, comfortable over uneven roads, enough grip for turns and whatnot. What are you guys using?

shaved legs- hells yeah they make you faster. all the way just so i dont wear hair shorts. frikkin do it. get the mach 3 a new blade some good conditioner and take a long shower it takes a week to get used to the feel but godamn. do it do it. then when you spill no dirt gets in your shins or hips and you heal cleen. chicks dig skinny bike legs too when you shave you look like you have lost ten pounds. then you get good and you get smoother then your girl and laugh at her, she shaves for fashion you shave for speed.

take this for example, i think 93 tour de. france, fignon and lemond seconds apart lemond takes the yellow jersy. it was calculated after in wind tunnel models that if fignon cut off his damn pony tail and shaved his legs he would have had the splits on the tt's to beat lemond. sucks to look manly huh?

That must be a lie.:D

Hey man I've got all the professional cycling gear I never wanted, but the only time you'll catch me sportin it is on some secluded mountain road where the only people who see me wearin that shit are my professional buddies who are far too proud of their spandex to be my friends, and other cyclists. It's not exactly summer so you can get places in a pair of jeans and a tee without much recoil. My round-town shit usually spans across six to eight different cities too. School alone is 30 miles away through five of em. Oh my dude I'm all about going distance. It's all about training for that big race that only exists in your dome. It's called me taking advantage of all the fresh air living in san francisco robbed me of.

I've also got a pair of conti gatorskin ultras which have been the dopest pair of tires I've ever used. Tough as nails, comfortable over uneven roads, enough grip for turns and whatnot. What are you guys using?

I got some gatorskins on backup.

I could probably use a new drivetrain. Methinks investing in a fancy frame/BB/fork first will keep me more sane, though. NJS approved shit yes?

The fork on that "Schwinn" is butt ugly.. and it's welded not lugged? I'll stay away, thank you.

Maybe me and whoisseuth have way different tastes, but yuck. Sorry.