bicicletas

Guest HESHIANDET

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

haha @ KOH's description of messengers. i think the reason its romanticized is the idea of getting paid (shitty or not) to ride your bike. and every messenger i meet at the bars gets mad attention from broads--i assume thats the same all over.

its good to see people on bikes, yeah, but there are so many ways that people on bikes piss me off. two examples:

kids that just found 3 inches of blood riding fixed claiming to be metal

boulder faggots wearing tevas on their mavericks to the bars

but they bring more attention to biking and get bike lanes improved or put in on streets that need 'em. they make bike shops carry more stuff and allow growth for more local-non PERFORMANCE-bike shops. less people in cars... increase number of bike racks throughout the city. ensure the busses have ample bike storage when needed.

More people on bikes is generaly a good thing. sure I agree, but with riding abike there is more to it that just looking cool on it. You need to learn how to handle that shit. Can you not careen into me while you are looking cool? can you not get hit on your bike while you ook cool so you dont bring heat to the non breaks riding kind of people? the reason i hated rookies messengers was because most of them acted the part of a seasoned veteran and rode like complete assholes. theres more to riding than just a sleveless shirt and no breaks and a mullet.

seems to me you really don't know shit abotu bikes, which would be the logical first step in the hunt for the 'perfect' one. i get the feeling you're trying to build some fantastic super bike so all your bases are covered and everyone is impressed...a cool bike on the street that performs on the track, blah blah, whatever you said. if you can't find a store that has bikes to test fit, i really doubt you'll be spending much time in a velodrome, but what do i know. either way, take hesh's advice, get gears.

Seeks just stop typing. You and hesh are way out of line telling me to do something I've had for a while now. I've already got gears and that's my main transportation vehicle, not this concept. Not including the round town business I ride the trek about 400 miles a month through hills you wish you had. And in past years I'll be at the SF GP hanging out with friends on pro bike teams in their team booth watching the live helicopter feeds and taking full advantage of the open bar (nevermind the private bleachers feet away from the finish line). And yeah it's a showbike that I'm shoppin for. What's your point? I like to drool at anodized aluminum hubs, why is that bad? You cant tell me that flashing cash aint your steez either so you gotta be a self-loathing jackass on a computer right about now to even be typing this shit. And hooray, SF's apparently FG central according to you and yeap that means there's a lot of kids on fixed gears and sure if I wanted to make a day trip to San Jose to find where a Track bike specific bike shop could very well exist I could find that frame that fits but like you guessed I actually don't care enough to do so. I'll go to the velodrome once in a blue moon with my friends who are die hard about the sport but San Jose is days away. So I know you think you're talking to some poser hipster living out a hollywood version of bicycle messenging, but please don't refer to me in this fantasy. I just wanted a different kind of bike to do a different kind of riding. Hey I'm now thinking about buying a cruiser bike next, want to drill me about how I probably don't plan on doing a lot of cruising on it?

Btw when i said I was looking for a perfect bike, I meant geometry since I can't just go drop three grand on a custom fitted bike. I mean i could but that's pretty serious, and window shopping is free.

The concept's dope but I'll have to wait till tomorrow before I can ride it. Gotta clean house for christmas.

Oh man I got all excited to see some radical shit and it's just an 04 with the decals stripped off. A sweet setup none the less but yeah I got the concept for nine and have been killing myself on it because apparently skidding is a little harder than it looks, go figure. Hah but seriously, 46/16t has some joint in my hip popping when i try to skid.

One of my pro cycling buddies has been purging himself of his $5k roadbike freebies and wants to trade forks straight up. My track fork for a road fork with a rake more suitable for fucking around round town. I'd be going from a 28 rake to a 43. Im not changing any time soon since it would require me to drive all the way up to davis for a fork but it may be worth it since I think the road fork's worth a bit more.

Oh and the aluminum frame with this track seat feels fine thus far. Longest ride i've been on has been ten miles but if anything I'd just replace the seat. No regrets on the aluminum frame.

Edit: My friend will let that bike go for 24 when it's worth twice that, fyi If anyone's interested.

#1 rookie giveaway, the hip buck while trying to stop.

I see this crap all the time. Cracks me up. And it's usually some dickwad with a really nice bike and a ReLoad bag with all the trimmings and, of course, his creative artwork all over the fucking bag.

Another rookie giveaway with skid stopping is when they're all up on the front of the bars with their dick practically resting on the stem. Show and prove... skid stop while sitting.

You got your track stand down yet ?

I see this crap all the time. Cracks me up. And it's usually some dickwad with a really nice bike and a ReLoad bag with all the trimmings and, of course, his creative artwork all over the fucking bag.

Another rookie giveaway with skid stopping is when they're all up on the front of the bars with their dick practically resting on the stem. Show and prove... skid stop while sitting.

You got your track stand down yet ?

yeah, not only does it take a bit more practice to skid while in the saddle or just a few inches out of it, it's a lot more safe and stops you faster then the thigh to bar style of stopping.

riding down hills gets ridiculously fun if you pull up on the toe clips exclusively in your pedal stroke.. granted, it's not very realistic in traffic with no breaks, or when there's looming stop lights. but on empty hills... so fun.

Yeah I don't do the hip buck, I just try to lock up the wheels while sitting down and end up feeling my rotator cuffs and hip joints are being ripped out of their sockets. I'd say that's as rookie as they come but yeah, I'm not flying everywhere from locking up my legs and getting ripped off the seat.

Oh i gots the track stand down on the pista. I never had to work so hard to do it on that gear ratio. I can almost pedal backwards, but not really. I knew it was gonna be harder than doing it on the road bike but jesus, I can do it no hands up hill on the road bike and here I am hoping to god I don't fall over. Same with skids, today was good cus it rained so I got a good feel for what it should be like. I dont need to get my nuts on the stem unless I'm just in sneakers pushing on my clipless pedals. On my road bike I could do retarded looking stuff like 180's and then just let the bike coast backwards for a few seconds. I fucked up the wheels hardcore the first few times trying. In comparison on the pista I can't sit down and skid without the the wheels gripping and what feels like the back wheel bouncing off the ground.

Overall, Im just weak and need to ride more.

harsh.

this blizzard has limited my rides significantly as there are no clear lanes and i hate getting side swiped by subarus. oh well-its upped my running which is positive.

why hate on rookies? i agree if they're the image oriented sort, but as has the dead horse has been beaten--its good to see kids on bikes. why talk shit until they've talked themselves up to be more?

i have been riding fixed for about two years.

i ride a bianchi pista with rasta cinelli cork.

i wear tight jeans, dunks, and a white belt.

my hair is longish. i have a chrome bag that is never full.

i wear a bandana "to keep the wind from blowing down my neck."

i hop-skid and lean forward to fishtail.

haters wanna hate. lovers wanna love.

i dont wanna do none of the above.