bicicletas

Guest HESHIANDET

I still stand by the idea that hipster-dickheads riding converted fixed bikes with cut down road bars turned wrong side up are the new trend that can quickly... and I mean fucking quickly... fall by the wayside. I've grown incredibly tired of seeing these tools riding around with their heavily sought after early 80's bike helmets and their brown cords rolled up into their wonderful red striped socks. And then there's the ever angry black-forest hipster. He's got Dad's money for the really nice bike and all the right clothes to fit in at the rocker bar with all the other copy-cat fags just like him. And the increasingly visible suburban fixed snob. These guys are new to the scene but think they just started it. Have loads to spend on shit they'll never understand though they could care less. As long as they look the part, have the part and have you asking questions about the part... they're fine with their pathetic existence. And there are others...

And in my mind these people either make me laugh or make me want to sneak back into my old ways and steal their bike while they chill in the hip bar drinking PBR's or whatever is the cool cheap beer now.

However, I still like the idea of more people on bikes. The more the better. Dickheads, dorks, money spenders... whatever. Just fucking ride your bike.

That said, I miss my fixed gear bike. I miss riding it around town and doing my errands. I still want to get another for winter training and plan on it for next winter. But this hating on gears thing... where does that come from?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

the bike i learned to ride on was an orange crate spray painted barn red. i was 5. my brother put me on it and told me to ride. i rode off. never training wheeled it, just rode it. been on since...

i don't hate on gears, i just prefer singlespeeds. but i rarely ride distances longer than 10m a ride, or 15m in a day...

you getting the 24"? i've never ridden a 24. someday, when i'm rich, or not poor i'm going to get one. i really like the kona two-four. yep...

Yea, im getting the 24"er. My younger brother recently got a Specialized Fuse and one day I rode it just to try it out and something inside of me came back to life that I hadnt felt since back when I was pushing GT's and Dynos. I have been pushing just a Walmart Mongoose mtb all summer to commute to work and around town while my car has been down. So I didnt want to make the huge transition from a 26" to a 20", I wanted something in between that could do jumps, and still cruise around town without a shitload of effort.

word. remember when mongoose was the shit? and didn't make mountainbikes?... oh the days. GT used to be sweet, the i-drives were super hot and the new ones aren't even amazing.

companies i miss (how they used to be):

GT

DYNO (i've still got my nitro in my parent's basement. i'm going to fix it...)

SCHWINN

ROBINSON

POWERLITE (their race frames were so hot)

KUWAHARA (the first frame i ever broke, *tear*)

MONGOOSE

GARY FISHER (now that they only make 29s i feel like the integrity of the company is that of a side project of trek, so they don't have to make the leap themselves...)

its weird. when i pick up a bmx rag these days it seems that though these bigger companies are gone, "sold out", or whatever; there are a solid handful of indie frame companies blowing shit up.

word. remember when mongoose was the shit? and didn't make mountainbikes?... oh the days. GT used to be sweet, the i-drives were super hot and the new ones aren't even amazing.

companies i miss (how they used to be):

GT

DYNO (i've still got my nitro in my parent's basement. i'm going to fix it...)

SCHWINN

ROBINSON

POWERLITE (their race frames were so hot)

KUWAHARA (the first frame i ever broke, *tear*)

MONGOOSE

GARY FISHER (now that they only make 29s i feel like the integrity of the company is that of a side project of trek, so they don't have to make the leap themselves...)

its weird. when i pick up a bmx rag these days it seems that though these bigger companies are gone, "sold out", or whatever; there are a solid handful of indie frame companies blowing shit up.

HA! Kuwahara.....Powerlite.....names I havent heard in a coon's age, son. Old school BMX is the shit. At one point I had thought about building a Skyway Streetbeat out of NOS parts. Something like this:

build15_final0001_lg.jpg.1f95c027496d3e4e011bf48875e559c9.jpg

bikes_002_copy1_lg.jpg.02e8539f3b3f80a73b8ae8cd3eb6fa32.jpg

My gay little escapade is coming to a close. I was looking into van dessel when the owner of the local Bianchi LBS offered up his 51 cm 05 concept for $900, 600 miles, currently stock with the exception of an FSA chainring a few teeth shorter than the stock for skids with ease. Anyone else think this is a good deal cus if so I could have my track bike rollin by friday.

Oh and you all with fixed gear bikes gotta get a road bike cus you don't know what you're missing. Just imagine miles of non-stop hill climbs and 55 mph drops, for five hours. You'll already have your muscles built for proper cycling cadence, so that minute detail's taken care of...

saw your post on sffixed.

900 aint bad.

its a 1500 dollar bike new.

offer him 800 cash.

half the price for a year old bike.

im just weary of aluminum frames,

heard they are stiff.

I suck at negotiating. The guy offered me his bike 1k cash last july when I was first gonna buy it then flaked out. Then he offered it today for a hundred less so I said I'd be back on friday to buy it from him. I cant see the harm in busting his balls for a hundred more off but i still feel weird about it. If I knew what I was buying was only worth 800 I wouldn't have a problem.

Heres the bike:

http://www.bianchiusa.com/05_pista_concept.html

Used, owned by the Bianchi LBS owner, 500_ miles, 14-15 times on the track. Sugino 65 instead of 75, 2006 Pista concept carbon fork, new gatorskins, Mavic Ellipse track wheelset, black KMC chain of some sort, FSA 45t chainring...

Would you take it for 900?

I'd love me a Pista concept, Not so much the fact the next time I'm ready to buy another track bike will be in five months. Gotta hold onto that 2k for my 07 summer love.

97b4b235c7cafaefd11d7e7cd42f226a.jpg

PS. The trek's paint's gettin blown off in january. I was thinking lamborghini yellow (which has a green pearescent tint to it) because I still have a pint of the stuff lying around. If anyone wants a say as to what color they'd want lemme know.

dude, your seriously looking at straight up track bikes for the road. gimmie a break. if your not gonna commit to saving and getting something legit, save your money all together..persuit bikes are the most uncommfortable things ever. im going to make a list of shit i hate on daily.

front brakes

crustygirls on bikes

shitty wheels and hubs

bikes and parts made by "down messenger/cyclocommuter" companies

bikes and parts made in china

custom messenger bags - it's a chrome bag, which could easily be worse, depending on how you're scoring. and my last bag was a T2.

any messenger i dont recognize

anyone who doesnt own tights

anyone who has hair blowing out of their tights

cut down straight bars

straight bars

bullhorn bars

crazy vintage drop bars on new faggot mass produced bikes

bolting on crazy vintage parts to a new faggot mass produced bike

bolting on gucci parts to a new mass produced faggot bike - does terry fly count as 'gucci'? what about taping a tiny led flashlight to your bars? it might not be gucci, but i feel swass when i ride with it.

anodized campy parts

color themed bikes

anyhting from reload

wrong pronunciation of foreign manufacturers

any bike locked infront of art schools

the list could go on for ever. im a healthy jaded hater.

BOP means breaking your own crews rules and then laughing about it with the guy who made the rules, like 'ha, that's hillarious, i shit all over your rules, son. BOP!!'

as for constructive criticism, i wouldnt want to ride a concept as a daily rider over city streets. i think you're gonna find the aluminum and the geometry to be super uncomfortable. but you're in the middle of fg centeral, talking about how you cant find a bike to test fit, so you'll be getting what you deserve i suppose.

as for constructive criticism, i wouldnt want to ride a concept as a daily rider over city streets. i think you're gonna find the aluminum and the geometry to be super uncomfortable. but you're in the middle of fg centeral, talking about how you cant find a bike to test fit, so you'll be getting what you deserve i suppose.

I'm not done lookin for the perfect bike. Realistically I dont think I ever will. I just cant pass up the concept for $900. Even if it's a trainwreck in slowmotion over the period of a few months and I end up cursing bianchi for life, I really, really don't care. Looks alone make it a bike I can live with, even if that means I'm living with it on a wall rack just staring at it for the rest of its existence.

seems to me you really don't know shit abotu bikes, which would be the logical first step in the hunt for the 'perfect' one. i get the feeling you're trying to build some fantastic super bike so all your bases are covered and everyone is impressed...a cool bike on the street that performs on the track, blah blah, whatever you said. if you can't find a store that has bikes to test fit, i really doubt you'll be spending much time in a velodrome, but what do i know. either way, take hesh's advice, get gears.

I think....to me anyway...the one thing I need to hate on is kids acting like being a messenger is some romantic lifestyle to imitate. Comming from someone who actually was one...DUDES...IT'S A SHITTY EXISTANCE. That job is maybe real fun if you are young and need a cool summer job to make some spending loot because mom pays for everything else, but trying to make your living off that job is not as glamorous as it may sound. Getting hit, or sick or breaking something on your bike...it can set you back weeks of pay seeing as theres no general insurance, you don't get sick pay, you don't get vacation pay, no one pays for shit but you. And bet on the fact that the way to make the most money is to be reliable and on point and on time in a good fucking mood with no slanging attitute to your dispatchers on the days with the SHITTIEST WEATHER POSSIBLE.

Im just now getting over hating the idea of sweating on a bike.