bicicletas

Guest HESHIANDET

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

^^ biopace or a comparable gimic. ^^

souper are you going to be riding this bike on the street, or strictly velodrome?

any aluminum frame is going to suck riding on winter roads.

prepare to have a numb ass from feeling every tiny bump.

otherwise every bike you posted is nice, just not my particular bag.

i would go with the bareknuckle myself.

also, i dunno how that trek is a 56mm, it looks tiny.

i am not doubting your ability to use a tape measure, haha.

just saying.

I guess the oversized tubing is decieving. Ive measured the top tube myself an its a 56. Good call on the 53 cm for track bikes tho. They seem to have the same standover as my trek. This fixie will be my transportation to the cities I dont have to climb a mountain to get to. Where I live is like a central hub to all bike routes to anywhere in the east bay. You either gotta go over a hill range you can see the entire bay area from, the other half I can cruise a good sixty miles without going over much more than a speed bump. So the bikes gotta put up with some old assphault but rigid enough to fly around a hairpin turn.

I can ride that trek 1000 all day without my ass complaining, much. Id sacrifice comfort for carve control any day. If I didnt have to tho, great, what bike is that and who do I write the check to.

If you're asking my advice... for what you're looking for... I'd pick (choosing from what you posted) the Pista Concept or the Van Dessel. Both are super aggressive in composition and I have no doubt they would do you well on the streets and on the boards.

Hesh... Waterford? Dude has little money to spend. Why you gotta pull out the big guns?

Decisions, decisions. And Hesh is a hurtful, hurtful man. I gotta find a dealer with a Van Dessel DSC in shop. I think it may be a little too agressive for winter street conditioning/cadence. If it's noticeably more stiff than the concept I don't think I could buy it. The concept's a tight bike, and there's enough of them rolling around that noone looks twice at you for riding one on the streets. I cant say why I'd choose it over the bareknuckle yet, both have their character flaws.

Anyway, not to make choosing harder but here's a few more to pick from in my -$1000 condenders for best semi-pro/streetwise track frame.

BK-TRK-GAR01-2.jpg

Louis Garneau Pursuit 9.0 $860, and not that I'd ever get it but for a track bike it's price puts it next to the DSC. Its more TT geometry than anything.

BK-TRK-SOMA02-2.jpg

Soma DeLancey's a $660 polished off version of the Rush.

BK-TRK-DEB02-2.jpg

It was posted before but to put it in context, the DeBernardi Zonal's 820 bucks worth of triple butted 7005 tubing meaning it's $20 more expensive than the Van Dessel, for no reason.

So I guess my question is really, Is there a post worthy difference between double butted and triple butted 7005 tubing? If so that's the deciding factor between the Van dessel and the concept frames.

I just gotta stop being a baby and pick something.

Alright 12oz, time for a subject change.

Also, I'd like to imagine the contributors to this thread could take a day and do what we do here, but on this bikepicsideBIG.jpg

Fruity, I know. But I think 12oz would try taking it down hills and turns to see who would be the last on it.

Decisions, decisions. And Hesh is a hurtful, hurtful man. I gotta find a dealer with a Van Dessel DSC in shop. I think it may be a little too agressive for winter street conditioning/cadence. If it's noticeably more stiff than the concept I don't think I could buy it. The concept's a tight bike, and there's enough of them rolling around that noone looks twice at you for riding one on the streets. I cant say why I'd choose it over the bareknuckle yet, both have their character flaws.

Anyway, not to make choosing harder but here's a few more to pick from in my -$1000 condenders for best semi-pro/streetwise track frame.

BK-TRK-GAR01-2.jpg

Louis Garneau Pursuit 9.0 $860, and not that I'd ever get it but for a track bike it's price puts it next to the DSC. Its more TT geometry than anything.

BK-TRK-SOMA02-2.jpg

Soma DeLancey's a $660 polished off version of the Rush.

BK-TRK-DEB02-2.jpg

It was posted before but to put it in context, the DeBernardi Zonal's 820 bucks worth of triple butted 7005 tubing meaning it's $20 more expensive than the Van Dessel, for no reason.

So I guess my question is really, Is there a post worthy difference between double butted and triple butted 7005 tubing? If so that's the deciding factor between the Van dessel and the concept frames.

I just gotta stop being a baby and pick something.

Alright 12oz, time for a subject change.

Also, I'd like to imagine the contributors to this thread could take a day and do what we do here, but on this bikepicsideBIG.jpg

Fruity, I know. But I think 12oz would try taking it down hills and turns to see who would be the last on it.

I was just in the city(Manhatten) and i saw a bunch of these^^^^,they where charging like 20 bucks or so fo a ride-"tour"..Thought it was so bugged out looking!!

i could give a shit less about a movie about dudes who think they're awesome as shit riding their bike.

ive tried to watch a couple videos on you tube and im always like...ummm...ok? i just dont understand what nerd gets excited by this shit.its not like skate videos with awesome tricks and cool terrain, its just...riding.

dude, your seriously looking at straight up track bikes for the road. gimmie a break. if your not gonna commit to saving and getting something legit, save your money all together..persuit bikes are the most uncommfortable things ever. im going to make a list of shit i hate on daily.

front brakes

crustygirls on bikes

shitty wheels and hubs

bikes and parts made by "down messenger/cyclocommuter" companies

bikes and parts made in china

custom messenger bags

any messenger i dont recognize

anyone who doesnt own tights

anyone who has hair blowing out of their tights

cut down straight bars

straight bars

bullhorn bars

crazy vintage drop bars on new faggot mass produced bikes

bolting on crazy vintage parts to a new faggot mass produced bike

bolting on gucci parts to a new mass produced faggot bike

anodized campy parts

color themed bikes

anyhting from reload

wrong pronunciation of foreign manufacturers

any bike locked infront of art schools

the list could go on for ever. im a healthy jaded hater.

sorry. i tend to be hypercritical that early in the morning.

people riding bikes for whatever reason is A-OK with me though.

however i also understand the way some hipster repping

what you have been into for ages as if he is hot shit

in his freshly bought chrome knickers and taste the rainbow converted

can be awfully discouraging and apparently devalue your passion.

bikes are just like graffiti and punkrock, those that are in it

will be in it long after all the fairweather fans have dropped off.

i hear that so much that it has become cliche, but its still true.

i know i am preaching to the choir, but i am at work trying to burn time.

ps - for me the hanging bikes on fences trend makes me laugh.

lets just put the chain/cable at standing height so dude doesnt even have

to kneel to cut your lock and ride off on your weekend warrior whip.

or to steal your hypercolor wheelset that costs twice as much as your frame.

sorry. i tend to be hypercritical that early in the morning.

people riding bikes for whatever reason is A-OK with me though.

however i also understand the way some hipster repping

what you have been into for ages as if he is hot shit

in his freshly bought chrome knickers and taste the rainbow converted

can be awfully discouraging and apparently devalue your passion.

bikes are just like graffiti and punkrock, those that are in it

will be in it long after all the fairweather fans have dropped off.

i hear that so much that it has become cliche, but its still true.

i know i am preaching to the choir, but i am at work trying to burn time.

your def right. time will tell i guess. until then my earlier comment of, if i didnt know you then, i dont wanna know you now stands. unless someone vouches. like the mob really...

another addition to the list:

people who trim brooks saddles.

on average...

i think we cover this "what to hate on" subject every 10 pages or so...

but this statement goes for all cultures...not jus graffiti and punkrock

"bikes are just like ____ & _______, those that are in it

will be in it long after all the fairweather fans have dropped off."

cause i speak from the horses mouth.

im a new guy at fixed gear.

coming from skateboarding. [im older now] and this is the new skateboarding.

riding in the street, and fast, with minimal parts.

in comparison, way more parts than a skateboard... but still.