bicicletas

Guest HESHIANDET

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest imported_Tesseract

Help

Dear bicicletaheads,

I'm about to buy a bike real soon.

I read this thread from time to time and i undrestand that you're all on another level when it comes to bikes, i'll just step in to it for the fun the exercise and the fact that i'm sick of cars.

I'm looking for a cheap(for your taste that is) mountain bike(350$ max).

I just want it for intown locomotion, and some softcore mountain action whenever i can.

I just want some help on what to choose, what i need to be aware off when it comes to buying a bike.

I supose i could ask at a store, but lets say i trust you more. If it means anything, i live in europe.

Keep it simple,

Thanx in advance

Re: Help

Originally posted by Tesseract

... i'll just step in to it for the fun the exercise and the fact that i'm sick of cars...

That's what got most of us started ... You'll come to the dark side soon enough. One of my bikes is a Redline Monocog. It's basically a 26" BMX cruiser ... single speed, freewheel, no shocks. It didn't cost too much, and if you're looking for something to just cruise the town on, it's damn near perfect. You may want to put a suspension fork on it though if you are planning on riding trails and what-not. I've been thinking about putting on on mine.

Otherwise, buy a used fixie.

personally i use the gillette venus, that razor just moves so freely. and a lil shave gel, whatever, its pink and frilly but it works wonders for a clean shave.

tesseract, kona makes a sweet singlespeed mtn bike it the $750 dollar range, http://www.konaworld.com/kw_index.cfm

i dont know if thats a lil more than you want to spend, but ive ridden that bike and it really is cool, and the ditch witch wheele set is tough as f#@$.

shaving pregunta

for those of you who shave.... where is the er... cutoff point? it seems that you could just keep going and going upwards without ever stopping....

can anyone help me out?

okay two questions. recently i got my hands on a trek. i've never had a real bike before and though the thing is kinda rusty and may possibly be like 10 years old i was wondering if theres anything i can buy to prevent my pants from getting caught in the gears. i have ruined 3 pairs of work pants. my biker friend in america used to put rubber bands on his pants. since i'm not as cool as him and riding a bike in a suit with rubber bands is out of the question. second question, while im riding lets say i'm going pretty fast and i no longer need to peddle. then after gliding along i try to peddle again and my fucking feet go like 3 rotations before i catch up with it. this has resulted in my foot flying off the peddle and bruising the back the of my right foot and my left knee hitting the gear shifter and now my knee is purple. is this normal for treks? or is it because its old and rusty. any suggestions. should i buy some new parts or something. i know i sound retarded but i've been a skateboarder forever and skating to work considered unproffesional.

Re: can anyone help me out?

Originally posted by serum

okay two questions. recently i got my hands on a trek. i've never had a real bike before and though the thing is kinda rusty and may possibly be like 10 years old i was wondering if theres anything i can buy to prevent my pants from getting caught in the gears. i have ruined 3 pairs of work pants. my biker friend in america used to put rubber bands on his pants. since i'm not as cool as him and riding a bike in a suit with rubber bands is out of the question. second question, while im riding lets say i'm going pretty fast and i no longer need to peddle. then after gliding along i try to peddle again and my fucking feet go like 3 rotations before i catch up with it. this has resulted in my foot flying off the peddle and bruising the back the of my right foot and my left knee hitting the gear shifter and now my knee is purple. is this normal for treks? or is it because its old and rusty. any suggestions. should i buy some new parts or something. i know i sound retarded but i've been a skateboarder forever and skating to work considered unproffesional.

walk

i just role one of the pant legs up so it doesn't catch on the gears about the fast thing i don't really know when your going really fast switch her into a bigger gear so when you start to peddle again you will have some resistance to control your peddle stroke

and bikes just to get you from work and back you can get pretty cheap.

Yeah, roll your pants leg up. It's the quickest and easiest solution. If not... bike stores sell these reflective "wraps" for just this occassion. Ask around at your local shop. And the gear thing... Cinnamon covered it.

As for where to stop the shaving... well, Tearz... from the thighs down in the summer. Spring and fall... mid-thighs down. Winter... I'm an ape.

So last night my roommate said that yesterday, he saw a guy on his bike get hit by a car. Apparently, this lady was turning and didn't see him (or did she ... my roommate said that the lady looked right at the biker). She hit the guy, laughed about it with her passenger, and drove away without stopping. How fucked up is that?!

hesh dont save it...

my girl is riding for acompany in philly making a valentines day godiva delivery in the bike lane on market st good speed and everything two seconds later she is under the front of a Septa bus... a lady comes running across the street... "i saw everything the girlon the bike swerved in front of the bus"

not an are you ok 92 pound grl under the wheels of a 6 ton bus but i saw everything because i suck dick for coke....

she did swerve why? to avoid the idiots who park next to the bike lane that is painted with BRIGHT WHITE FUCKING BIKES and dont look when they pullout....

grrrrrr...

shesfine bumps and bruises... her bike on theother hand "lavinia" is fucked... and we have nomoney to get it fixed so she has no job i have no job....

THE JOBERS GRLFRND BIKE REPAIR FUND hows now started anyoneinterested let me know...

we'llhityou off once we get the settlement

thanks for the help everyone. yeah a reflective wrap probably isn't too cool. the local bike shop consists of an old japanese man that speaks really thick osaka-ben and yells at me if i come to his store asking questions, so i've given up there. but riding up and down mountains has gotten me a taste for biking. thanks again

Re: shaving pregunta

Originally posted by TEARZ

for those of you who shave.... where is the er... cutoff point? it seems that you could just keep going and going upwards without ever stopping....

hahaha, all the way up homie! i just get em clean, it doesnt make any sence to me to shave below the knee and leave the upper, i just get it gone.

sorry to hear about the stroke of bad luck boxcar, im glad to hear your lady wasnt mortally wounded, people are f#@$ up. soon ill be a traveling mechanic, and in the future, ill just throw on my red cape and fly over with my park tool set(i just bought the pk 57 pro tool set!YES!!!), folding stand and trueing stand and waaalaaaa. ill be fixing bikes on the go, blue lycra and all.superman and mighty mouse won't have nothin on me!