bicicletas

Guest HESHIANDET

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

it is gorgeous, isn't it...

i wanna marry it.

the thing fits me!

(my old bike was a monster, the frame is like a 55 or something huge)

i can't stop thinking about it.

the frame is so compact, my krypto lock fits through the front and rear wheels at once!!

i'm in love:lick: :love: :love2: :love3: :spin:

i been thinkin about coppin a phat little bmx freestyle type bike for the last couple days.. suddenly this huge thread pops up out of nowhere after my homie told me he got one too.. i think im gonna have to get one of these things.. any recommendations on a ill ass GT type bmx bike?

oh are2! its beautiful! our friend just got the same bike and her's is HUGE!

dammit. now i really want to make my custom frame. until then, i have my fixie but i dont have a wheel set for it. so then i have to ride my clonky ass cruiser.

perfect time for spring eh?

adderall...give tyler durden or dirty_habit a holler...they're both into bmx. there used to be a bmx specific thread around here somewhere. I think most everyone that posts in here is more road/cross than anything.

devilush...I'm in the same boat...I need a new wheelset for my fixie...and customs the way to go. ;)

Guest TEARZ

i'm fat and going to hit the trainer right now...

i love wheelsets and i want a new race wheelset, but it ain't happening...

right now- track- phil wood high flange track hubs laced to open pros (i'm gonna radial the front)

race: record hubs with open pros

booyah

Guest TEARZ

40 minutes.... ahhhhhh.... it feels good. i'm gonna try and get at least a 45 mile ride in this weekend if the weather permits.

approximately 1 month til leg shaving time.

Guest kidlugz

i'd dump my girlfriend for that new pista. consider yourself blessed.

this summer is going to be monumental for me. it's going to be the first time since i started riding that i haven't smoked butts. that, combined with the fact i'm finally graduating from school and will actually have some income to buy a new road bike. i'm looking at some of the steel/carbon lemond diddies or perhaps a guru rig. when the time comes i'll be sure to consult the stone cutter family in regards to my purchase.i'm so fucking psyched it keeps me awake at night just thinking about it.

here's a beauty posted today on the fixedgear gallery i thought you guys might enjoy.

http://www.fixedgeargallery.com/2004/cash2.jpg'>

Its warm weather in NYC. Time to start practicing the ubertrackstand. (Trackstand while holding 40 ounces of Olde English for those who don't know). Beer and Bikes? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

Williamsburg need not apply.

No -- just kidding. Sheepshead is the new Williamsburg. Shit is wild. Keep your eyes open.

hey are2! thought that you might want to know about this:

There is a group show in Boston including three NYC artists, Amy B, Taliah Lempert , and myself, Erin Nicole Brown

Date of Opening: March 14th 7-9 pm

Location: at a bike shop called Garage Develo. is 617-422-0599

753 Atlantic Ave (right across the street from the bus portion of South Station)

Free Beer from Harpoon!

xo, erin nicole.

check out thier work

Taliah Lempert

http://www.bicyclepaintings.com/gallery/images/oreroleft.jpg'>

Erin Nicole(thats her in the image)

*edit the image wont show*

specialized goes fixed and freewheel

not very interesting but could be some info that people would like or need help on.

04 Langster

http://www.specialized.com/OA_MEDIA/2004/bikes/04Langster_l.jpg'>

THE STORY

Each Langster model applies technology to make it fast, efficient, light, comfortable and great-fitting.

THE FEATURES

Specific aluminum alloys (either Columbus SLX or A1, depending on model) maximize strength and durability while minimizing weight

Compact geometry

Light – compact frame means less mass

Efficient – smaller triangles flex less, providing better power transfer

Better-fitting – 6 sizes and the sloping top tube allow riders to be fit by front center, not stand over

Geometry (bike metrics)

MSRP: $440.00

these just arrived at my shop.

or

http://www.specialized.com/OA_MEDIA/2004/bikes/04LangsterPro_l.jpg'>

04 Langster Pro

THE STORY

Each Langster model applies technology to make it fast, efficient, light, comfortable and great-fitting.

THE FEATURES

Smooth-welded DB A1 Premium Aluminum track frame with horizontal dropouts

Specialized Carbon 3 bonded carbon fork

Sugino 75 Track Crankset with Sugino 75 Bottom Bracket

Nitto Cr-Mo professional Trac

Shimano Dura-Ace low flange wheelset with Mavic Open Pro machined sidewall rims with DT Champion double betted spokes and Specialized 700 x 23c Mondo Sport Tires

Geometry (bike metrics)

MSRP: $1200.00

we were just talking about those at my sponsors shop. $440 is damn cheap. One of the guys on the team just ordered one and is gonna set it up fixie. I'm gonna throw a carbon fork on one of my fixies. For some reason...I'm afraid I'm gonna break it. I know thats kinda absurd...but I'm just kinda wigged out about it.

Originally posted by kidlugz

i'd dump my girlfriend for that new pista. consider yourself blessed.

this summer is going to be monumental for me. it's going to be the first time since i started riding that i haven't smoked butts. that, combined with the fact i'm finally graduating from school and will actually have some income to buy a new road bike. i'm looking at some of the steel/carbon lemond diddies or perhaps a guru rig. when the time comes i'll be sure to consult the stone cutter family in regards to my purchase.i'm so fucking psyched it keeps me awake at night just thinking about it.

here's a beauty posted today on the fixedgear gallery i thought you guys might enjoy.

http://www.fixedgeargallery.com/2004/cash2.jpg'>

hahah don't get a flat with those tires on... i have the same ones. suckers are soooo hard to get off

Originally posted by cinnamon toast crunch804

everyone rides a fixedgear/trakebike these days...

o i know! what the trend seems to be is buying a really really nice fixed and not knowing how to ride it properly. i see so many hipster girls trying to ride their fixed and just looking ridiculous. kind sad. then they look at me with my cruiser and roll their eyes. only to have me zoom past them in my fixed two weeks later.

Originally posted by cinnamon toast crunch804

everyone rides a fixedgear/trakebike these days...

and thats a bad thing?

I've never met a jackass fixie rider. Although, I'm sure they're out there.

as far as hipster girls trying to ride them...the bike and traffic will take care of them.

sf has a TON of asshole fixed riders. usually living in hte mission area. mostly hipster dudes that we've never seen before then act like assholes. go figure the city.

eh the hipster girls can kiss my arse. "go stay behind that bus since you cant ride next to it honey!"

devilush...you should follow the hipster wannabe types around and makem nervouse. when they crash, you can bust out a camera, take a pic, laugh and then ride away. maybe you could even play a form of hipster bingo with it and digital / polaroid cameras...only rule being that all the pics have to be of crashed out hipsters.

:lol:

Guest kidlugz

the fixed trend in toronto is still confined pretty much to couriers. although give it another year or two and i'm certain it will gain popularity with the masses. toronto always seems to be a couple steps behind "cool" american cities like nyc or san fran. and i agree with steve's comments. it definatly takes a certain kind of physical ability to ride fixed in traffic. all those bandwagon jumpers will get weeded out sooner or later.

Originally posted by SteveAustin

devilush...you should follow the hipster wannabe types around and makem nervouse. when they crash, you can bust out a camera, take a pic, laugh and then ride away. maybe you could even play a form of hipster bingo with it and digital / polaroid cameras...only rule being that all the pics have to be of crashed out hipsters.

:lol:

hmmmmmmmm summer is right around the corner!

time to get a new wheel set eh?

Re: my new bike...

Originally posted by !@#$%

i got a 49cm

it's adorable.

it rides like butter on hot biscuits.

http://www.bianchiusa.com/typo3temp/95662e67cb.jpg'>

i put a black seat on it.

and the toeclipscagethingies

I haven't ridden one of those kinds of bikes since I was a small child. I'd like to hop on one now though, I bet you can haul some serious ass on those crooked handlebar skinny tire types...

Does it have brakes? How the hell do you stop?

Re: Re: my new bike...

Originally posted by Æ°

I haven't ridden one of those kinds of bikes since I was a small child. I'd like to hop on one now though, I bet you can haul some serious ass on those crooked handlebar skinny tire types...

Does it have brakes? How the hell do you stop?

No brakes. If you're moving, the pedals are turning - you basically apply backwards pressure to stop.

I've met my share of asshole bicyclists in nyc. None were riding fixed gear though. They were all middle aged 9-5 guys wearing head to toe color coordinated spandex (freds i guess). My favorite is still the fat guy making plane noises as he rode down the avenue, and yelled at me in a nasally voice as I rode around him. (Think comic book guy on a bike).

I dont see many hipster girls on fixed gear though -- they're probably chilling in the hospital already.

my pista has no brakes.

the gear ratio is a bit different from my last bike too, so i'm still getting used to stopping suddenly.

i blasted a red light just yesterday.

another thing, if its wet, it's not always so easy to stop.

sometimes you counteract your forward momentum and it slows you, but the pedals can lock the rear wheel, allowing you to continue moving forward rolling on a front wheel..that's a skid

the track is a real merge of [wo]man and machine

a friend was yelling at me for driving recklessly.

at least i don't hit people.