the NEW sketch thread

Overtime

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Seriously... what is with the optik hate?

Most of you guys could NEVER approach his level.

Even if you think he's biting Dondi, EVERY writer is biting Dondi whether they want to or not.

Dondi blazed so many paths we all use now like it's an everyday thing. That's why he was important and influential.

Mouth... you're a friend... please... cut this out. It's getting annoying.

Optik. You don't don't have to defend yourself. Your work speaks for itself.

Both of you guys, chill the fuck out.

Seriously.

Even if you think he's biting Dondi, EVERY writer is biting Dondi whether they want to or not.

Dondi blazed so many paths we all use now like it's an everyday thing. That's why he was important and influential.

Seriously.

I gotta disagree with you on this one, B. Dudes gotta rock their own styles. Period.

and can i get some honest feedback on this new throw im working on.... i pretty much got it on lock....

A decent throw is easily one of those things that has eluded me my entire writing career. To this day I still don't have one that I would even consider putting up in the most remote of places. It's that embarrassing. That said...

You have a good start but I would consider simplifying it even a little more than it already is. And if possible, fit the letters into each other a little more. The less space between your letters the better. I think the biggest problem most kids have with throw-ups in their earlier years is that they try to make them like quick pieces. Which, essentially, is the correct way but most kids seem to make them more of a piece than something that can be done in a matter of seconds to a minute or two. And really, you want to be able to do your throws in the least amoutn of time possible.

I've done an example for you with your name so you can see what I'm saying. Nothing special about it as everyone and their dog uses this same style but it helps to get my point across.

bento.jpg

Question...

I've been considering starting a thread where kids can email me their drawings for a critique and I'll post the drawing and if possible a "fix" of the drawing along with it. More times than not I'll probably just post a verbal "fix" but sometimes I'd like to do more and actually show what I mean instead of just type what I mean. This project has been on my mind for over a year now but I wasn't sure if it would gain interest or if folks would think I think I'm all high and mighty that I feel I can give advice.

Either way... do you think this idea would be something most writers, mostly newer, would consider helpful?

I wouldn't critique images just posted... they would have to be emailed to me and then I would pick two or three a week and critique them. I mean, I have three jobs and a social life so I can't be all hole dup in front of the computer day and night critiquing outlines.

PM me and let me know your thoughts.

Thanks!

Joker

IHU BA

Transcend

(your friendly has-been)

A decent throw is easily one of those things that has eluded me my entire writing career. To this day I still don't have one that I would even consider putting up in the most remote of places. It's that embarrassing. That said...

You have a good start but I would consider simplifying it even a little more than it already is. And if possible, fit the letters into each other a little more. The less space between your letters the better. I think the biggest problem most kids have with throw-ups in their earlier years is that they try to make them like quick pieces. Which, essentially, is the correct way but most kids seem to make them more of a piece than something that can be done in a matter of seconds to a minute or two. And really, you want to be able to do your throws in the least amoutn of time possible.

I've done an example for you with your name but my Photobucket account is taking forever to load the image. When all is working correctly I'll come back to this post and edit it with the image.

this is probably the best suggestion i have ever gotten.

i know what you mean but that throw i did right there.. i can do it in maybe 10-15 seconds tops.. painting-wise.. im looking forward to your sketch

Seriously.

I dont hate Optick, he just takes shit too seriously. I've complimented him before, so I must be as he says "cuffing his balls"....:lol: This all started after he took some shit I typed out of context and decided to go on a toy rant and tell me where I can post...

And dont act like I'm the cause of this shit and I'm the annoying motherfucker, because if you don't know how this shit started you really don't need to add your 2 cents. Now if you want to go read the last few pages of the battle thread and then comeback and say some shit then fine...If not, I dont want to hear your thoughts on it. I'll say wtf I want to just like Optick does, the only difference is when I speak on some shit I make sense.

And honestly not everyone jocks Dondi, matter of fact have you ever seen anything I've done that looks remotely like Dondi? No you haven't and that's because I don't give a fuck about graffiti or what anybody else thinks about what I do.....If you like it fine, if you don't that's fine to.

Question...

I've been considering starting a thread where kids can email me their drawings for a critique and I'll post the drawing and if possible a "fix" of the drawing along with it. More times than not I'll probably just post a verbal "fix" but sometimes I'd like to do more and actually show what I mean instead of just type what I mean. This project has been on my mind for over a year now but I wasn't sure if it would gain interest or if folks would think I think I'm all high and mighty that I feel I can give advice.

Either way... do you think this idea would be something most writers, mostly newer, would consider helpful?

I wouldn't critique images just posted... they would have to be emailed to me and then I would pick two or three a week and critique them. I mean, I have three jobs and a social life so I can't be all hole dup in front of the computer day and night critiquing outlines.

PM me and let me know your thoughts.

Thanks!

Joker

IHU BA

Transcend

(your friendly has-been)

bump this idea. im interested.. email?

I've done an example for you with your name so you can see what I'm saying. Nothing special about it as everyone and their dog uses this same style but it helps to get my point across.

bento.jpg

i see what you are saying but i dont think this throw can get any simpler, plus i can do it in 10-15 seconds tops....

hey what kind of paper did you use? what is that black glossy paper called?

. I'll say wtf I want to just like Optick does, the only difference is when I speak on some shit I make sense.

No, the difference is, Optick knows what the fuck he's doing, regardless of the shit he talks. He can do that. You run your Mouth, and don't know what the fuck you're doing. You have the right to speak, but you get no respect (til you earn it). Maybe you got some gangster west coast shit you can speak on, lets see..."After The Laughter", hit that shit up homie!

No, the difference is, Optick knows what the fuck he's doing, regardless of the shit he talks. He can do that. You run your Mouth, and don't know what the fuck you're doing. You have the right to speak, but you get no respect (til you earn it). Maybe you got some gangster west coast shit you can speak on, lets see..."After The Laughter", hit that shit up homie!

I know, Opticks was huge in NYC....That's why everyone here knew who he was before he even posted. :rolleyes: Unless his name is Erni he aint earned shit....Anyone can draw some shit in their coloring book, if I practiced biting a whole era/style in graffiti I'd be just as good if not better then Optick ...The difference between me and him is, I can draw a straight line without a ruler....And I stopped coloring when I was a kid :lol:

Stop cuffing my balls VEE....This don't concern you, you ball cuffer you. :lol:

Okay, we get it... I think we all understand.

Now, can you please drop it? If anyone else gives you grief about it... PM them, or better yet... let it go. Why waste time over some silly e-argument? You wouldn't argue like that in person so why do it on the web?