Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
se_FOUR

Old Skool London Hip Hip

Recommended Posts

Old Skool London Hip Hop

 

Hey right I love my hip hop and especially my London/U.K hip hop not because it`s better or worse or whatever just cos you can relate to it more..Don`t get me wrong I love U.S stuff more so from the 80`s and 90`s really not feelin any new stuff,I feel it`s just about money now and it`s too mainstream..Right anyway here are some pic`s of some early London rapper`s and Dj`s..Thought it would be funny to show you guys what it was like here..See London/ Uk is soooo much different to the rest of Europe basically because we`re so much more multi- cultural here than anywherelse and our music i.e drum and bass jungle is all black influenced, try finding that anywherelse inEuroland..

 

anyway here`s so pics..http://www.dopeonplastic.ch/hhc2_89_daddyfreddy01.jpg'> http://www.dopeonplastic.ch/hhc2_89_mcdukeposter.jpg'> http://www.dopeonplastic.ch/hhc2_89_overlordx01.jpg'> http://www.dopeonplastic.ch/hhc3_april89_demonboyzalbumbreakdown01.jpg'> http://www.dopeonplastic.ch/hhc3_april89_hijackgettingsigned.jpg'> http://www.dopeonplastic.ch/hhc4_may89_blackradical02.jpg'> http://www.dopeonplastic.ch/hhc4_may89_mcmelloposter.jpg'> http://www.dopeonplastic.ch/hhc5_june89_brothermovement.jpg'> http://www.dopeonplastic.ch/hhc5_june89_hustlersconvention.jpg'> http://www.dopeonplastic.ch/hhc5_june89_fixingit02.jpg'>

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

YO HIPHOP

 

Bump, Uk was kickin it in the 80 on US level

 

:oldschoolking:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest sneak

bump

 

sneak / feeling new fallacy and skitz productions....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sadly I dont know of any new school london hip hop either.

If you can drop some names, I'd like to check it out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by Glik0

Sadly I dont know of any new school london hip hop either.

If you can drop some names, I'd like to check it out.

 

 

Well Slick Rick is probably our most famous export, Monie Love was big..

 

People to look out for: Roots Manuva,Task Force,Phi Life Cypher,Fallacy&Fusion.extremists,Skitz,Rodney P(Tho he is from back in the day with London Posse, Rodney Rock he was then)Mark B& Blade,Terra Firma,Nextmen,FunkY DL..There`s a few to keep you going..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest sneak
Originally posted by se_FOUR

Well Slick Rick is probably our most famous export, Monie Love was big..

 

People to look out for: Roots Manuva,Task Force,Phi Life Cypher,Fallacy&Fusion.extremists,Skitz,Rodney P(Tho he is from back in the day with London Posse, Rodney Rock he was then)Mark B& Blade,Terra Firma,Nextmen,FunkY DL..There`s a few to keep you going..

 

beat me to it...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by se_FOUR

Anyone that has the origainal "Horns of Jericho" by Hijack please mail me!

 

I used to have it, but I swapped it for a copy of Above The Law's first album with DJ Diggz.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by Rodney Trotter

I used to have it, but I swapped it for a copy of Above The Law's first album with DJ Diggz.

 

 

 

Ahhhh, Rodders!! Cheers for replying tho! Ebay has the Resevoir Dogs thingy, but i`m after the Hijack original..Looking at £50 now!! :eek:

 

Time for a DJ supreme appreciation thread!..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by Face.

im really feeling jehst these days.

Standard, Jehst is ill, also the new Louis Slippers record is pretty sick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by se_FOUR

Ahhhh, Rodders!! Cheers for replying tho! Ebay has the Resevoir Dogs thingy, but i`m after the Hijack original..Looking at £50 now!! :eek:

 

Time for a DJ supreme appreciation thread!..

 

£50??? Blimey! I did think it was good at the time, if not a little bit corny. Wouldn't mind giving it another listen. Have you tried Gemm.com?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×