The Photography Thread

MrChupacabra

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by La Cosa Nostra+Oct 6 2005, 06:17 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (La Cosa Nostra - Oct 6 2005, 06:17 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-La Cosa Nostra@Oct 5 2005, 05:24 PM

How are you all about taking photos in public? I always feel somewhat embarrassed and shit. I never want to carry around my rather large tripod and shit, especially in some areas of the city. What about photographing people? Candid? Ask for permission?

once more.

[/b]

Now you see it, now you don't.

Originally posted by Biggus Dickus+Oct 7 2005, 01:45 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Biggus Dickus - Oct 7 2005, 01:45 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by La Cosa Nostra@Oct 6 2005, 06:17 PM

<!--QuoteBegin-La Cosa Nostra@Oct 5 2005, 05:24 PM

How are you all about taking photos in public? I always feel somewhat embarrassed and shit. I never want to carry around my rather large tripod and shit, especially in some areas of the city. What about photographing people? Candid? Ask for permission?

once more.

Now you see it, now you don't.

[/b]

i carry a d70 with me, and a lot of times, i'll have the 80-200, it's a monster of a lens, and you just can't do discreet with it. most of my people shots i take are with the 80mm end, so i'll only be a few feet away from them. other times, i'll be using the 50 or the wide end of my 17-70 and i'll have to get close. well, they do notice. if you act like you shoot pictures of people all the time, they really won't mind. i've shot hundreds of people just on the street and i havn't gotten anyone to complain in like a year. (there was this one time there was this chess bum that looked interesting, but he didn't want his picture taken, so i didn't. his friends were equally interesting and i shot them to death). I do get different reactions though, some people smile, some scowl, some just look away. whatever happens though, i give them a smile and a wave and i'll be on my way. i've never asked permission so... yeah.

HAT.jpg

JANDR.jpg

CABLADY.jpg

bold.jpg

Originally posted by photoflashfocusrecord+Oct 8 2005, 08:16 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (photoflashfocusrecord - Oct 8 2005, 08:16 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-casekonly@Oct 8 2005, 03:20 AM

the girl in the cab is great.

yeah. did you crop the shot like that, or is that the original composition?

[/b]

I am proud to say, that the composition of the lady in the cab is completely OG. (meaning, it is an original gangster meaning it is untouched.) (and i'm sorry. i say stuff like OG for no reason all the time. forshizzle, i'm asian.) Speaking of OG..... yo, that's plays... tape.

cowboys.jpg

On the subject of cropping, I shoot digital and don't crop anything, unless I'm doing a pano or I'm just taking a picture of a squirrel or something I don't have the lens range for, then I'll crop that out and post it original sized for clarity.

Here are a few from today:

IMG04914.jpg

IMG04913.jpg

IMG04908.jpg

And some stitched panos from this week:

pano2.jpg

pano69.jpg

pano.jpg

Originally posted by photoflashfocusrecord@Oct 10 2005, 05:35 AM

those polaroids are awesome, Ckit. i think the 1st and fourth would look really good as a diptych, and the 5th is fire. what cameras are you using? a 600 and a spectra?

the first four are 600 cameras and the last ones are sx-70's.

what is a diptych?

Originally posted by La Cosa Nostra@Oct 5 2005, 05:24 PM

if you've seen my shit you know i get real close up to some real mother fuckers. i dont use a zoom lens besides the stock one that came on my rebel. to me its worth the risk, i have had bottles thrown at me, been chased with knives, guns, trash cans. its all good. i rarley ever ask for permission, i want to get pictures of people being people, not people being photographed, if that makes any sense. as far as being embarased/scared, i am 6 foot tall, 230 lbs of jackedness and i have tattos, usually the subject is the one scared of me.

CKIT: those poloroids are the best fucking photos on this page......until now HAHAHAHA

protester1.jpg

protester2.jpg

7b6ff2d0.jpg

freedomfist.jpg

crowd5.jpg

crowd3.jpg

crowd4.jpg

posted these in the protest thread in ch zero, got new shit on the way, just need to scan all my negs