The Photography Thread

MrChupacabra

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by SteveAustin@Oct 18 2005, 12:36 PM

at the risk of sounding like an old crusty jackass...can we just go on ahead and outlaw photos of rail shots and graffiti?

954...not really trying to come down on you...but dude...its been done to death...death I tell ya.

i'll second that... it gets tired before it ever wakes up.

Originally posted by Sorc bcj@Oct 18 2005, 03:21 PM

wait a second, arts lehigh...coulda let a brotha know...

oh shit... i should've. sorry about that... i have no clue about anyone up on this thing (check the post count). but yeah, it's from the zoellner 'jam'... about 20 images in all... the ones that the establishment 'suggested', but still.

come on out and bring the crew... for real, i need to meet some people.

JJC, that old dude is fucking party.

jbrsh, dooooope. period.

trouble, kittens are mandatory posts... they're like an initiation.

hot stuff all around.

trouble, kittens are mandatory posts... they're like an initiation.

Haha excellent, I hope I passed!

I don't know if I'm straying into cliche territory here (as discussed yesterday), 'urban exploration' seems to be the new trendy thing to do in 2005. I've visited the odd abandoned place in my time but never under the pretext that I was taking part in some 'movement', just wanted somewhere interesting to paint and take photos.

hortham1.jpg

chimneys.jpg

enquiries.jpg

fire-exit.jpg

hortham2.jpg

tiles.jpg

lion.jpg

i-want-my-mum.jpg

^ 'I want my mum'

chapel.jpg

All fairly recent.

anyone here fuck with large format. post that shit. i think some of the pro-fession-al dude's shit(the one with the tracks and old shack) in the couple pages back was a LF shot... i like some of that shit, and INFA RED shots, post that shit too, post em, ima start getting into that junx because my school has a class where they GIVE you a LF cammera for a whole semester..dope shit, i love the way these films can fuck woth the contrasts soooo much, like shots with a lot of clouds.

from what i understand IR film is the hardest shit in the world to shoot with cause you basicly have to guess what the settings are.

i wonder if that shit will be tight or if i will break the shit in half.

plus for me most of my shots besides the killer whore set is all spur of the moment, and i aint got more than 3 seconds tops to take the picture.

so yeah, hook it up with shots(either yours or ones you like) and info on the above said shit.

I've been reading up on infrared film myself recently and will definitely try it out soon. I was happy to learn that Kodak even make 35mm Infrared film. Anyway after a couple of Google searches I found this huge list of books on infrared photography: http://www.atsf.co.uk/ilight/ilightbooks.html

I don't know about you but I'm not about to buy new books on something I might not even like (moneys tight etc) so ignore the blatant Amazon plugs and see if your school/city libraries have any of those...

Originally posted by -Rage-@Oct 19 2005, 02:26 PM

P.S. It's Packer Avenue.

The worse part: I copied and pasted that address directly from the Lehigh site...

I'm definitely feeling the abandoned stuff too... it's not cliche yet. Ha. See you get the non-American abandoned buildings; that's TOTALLY different... our shit is just tired, yours has actual history behind it.