The Photography Thread

MrChupacabra

MO SHITS!

from the Jedi Mind Tricks Katrina Benifit,

i con'd my way into backstage press acces which wuz ILLLLLLL.

JMT5.jpg

JMT4.jpg

JMT2.jpg

JMT1.jpg

fuck em!

popo.jpg

gettin out my element

yeahduuuudesweet.jpg

ollie.jpg

brandon.jpg

WAAAAAAAAY the fuck out my element!

somecrazycarshit.jpg

that last one was some myspace shit i did for these kids i chilled with out in the burbs for a bit this summer, i always wondered what suburbanites did for fun since there was nothing out there.....this was taken while i was on the hood of frosty boy's car goin 35mph...they called it car surfing and i damn near shat myself.

carsurfing.jpg

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

PEYOTE:

shrink that image dogg you fuck up all the posts!

and long expossures at night are getting old man, they were a long time ago, you need to atleast get a tripod if you gonna

try different shit. i knew this one girl who did B&W ones in the rain and they looked dope as fuck, she almost gave me head at the bathroom in bens chili bowl but thats another story for another time. master techniques before you go ape shit...do it.

So i'm going to invest in a Nikon FM. the funny thing? i'm going to use my D70 as a lightmeter, talk about doing things assbackwards. gonna convert my room into a darkroom, putting black curtains over the windows and a single red bulb. morbid. i'll write poetry as i develope. *edit: and shitty long exposure shots are played out. only the shitty ones though. the good ones? keep 'em coming.

edit: that's not a turd, it's a brownie.

EWWWWWWW.jpg

theHat.jpg

So I got a contract position as a photographer with this local paper... more freelance shit than anything but it gets the photos out. Anyone ever have experience in anything like this? I got 2 assignments tonight and fucked them both up (read: didn't shoot a frame). Input would be appreciated if you've got it....

PS: Ckit's 2 shots of doors are burning up.

Originally posted by thecarwreck@Oct 14 2005, 06:33 PM

So I got a contract position as a photographer with this local paper... more freelance shit than anything but it gets the photos out. Anyone ever have experience in anything like this? I got 2 assignments tonight and fucked them both up (read: didn't shoot a frame). Input would be appreciated if you've got it....

PS: Ckit's 2 shots of doors are burning up.

any reason behind not shooting a frame? what were the assignments?

Originally posted by JJC@Oct 14 2005, 11:38 PM

any reason behind not shooting a frame? what were the assignments?

2 fucking sporting events... and i'm NOT a sports photographer by any stretch of the imagination: some girls field hockey and then a homecoming football half time. Shit, high school STILL sucks 10 years later. The pouring rain was the major problem though; it forced people to get the fuck out asap. Hence no ops.

Halloween parade tonight though... should be straight up Gummo.

"Don't kill it bitch, it's a house cat."

"It's a lesbian cat... you can tell."

"Looks like my mom."

I just inherited a:

newcamera.jpg

anyone have shot with this? looks like it's been used as a bat or hammer or something but it works and has aperture priority. uh the AF 85 f/1.4(wonderful lens) is on it because I didn't feel like purchasing any AI lenses. Right now focusing is kind of hard because it's lacking a horizontal split prism so i'm just eyeballing it, otherwise... i dig. oh, it's fuckin' heavy. the shit would kill my neck if i had a strap for it.

door.jpg

ckit,...you got it baby, you got that eye hahahaha, for real this shit above me is dead as shit right? but that lighting makes that shit work,other wise its just a fucking door. gives me shivers! good shit.

JJC yo got some dope shit too

anyone here fuck with large format. post that shit. i think some of the pro-fession-al dude's shit(the one with the tracks and old shack) in the couple pages back was a LF shot... i like some of that shit, and INFA RED shots, post that shit too, post em, ima start getting into that junx because my school has a class where they GIVE you a LF cammera for a whole semester..dope shit, i love the way these films can fuck woth the contrasts soooo much, like shots with a lot of clouds.

from what i understand IR film is the hardest shit in the world to shoot with cause you basicly have to guess what the settings are.

i wonder if that shit will be tight or if i will break the shit in half.

plus for me most of my shots besides the killer whore set is all spur of the moment, and i aint got more than 3 seconds tops to take the picture.

so yeah, hook it up with shots(either yours or ones you like) and info on the above said shit.

Originally posted by Ckit@Oct 16 2005, 10:40 PM

k1000 is probably the best cheap slr you will find. i have a nikon fe-2 and although it is a little more expensive than the k1000, i like it a lot more. other ones to check out are the pentax mx series. do you have a preferred brand?

what he said

sunsetlighting.jpg

53425102_f520ab4d0f.jpg

Masturbatory self promotion, sure, but we're all egomaniacs anyway.

This is the closest I've come to a "real" photo show around here. Plus it's gotten me an in with some artsy bastards who know other artsy bastards with money. That means I've got a foot in the door for a group show. Spread the wealth, comrade.

Sterotypical and played-out as these may be, the rich whities just love them. Whatever. Art for art's sake my ass.

Originally posted by thecarwreck@Oct 17 2005, 12:36 PM

[This is the closest I've come to a "real" photo show around here. Plus it's gotten me an in with some artsy bastards who know other artsy bastards with money. That means I've got a foot in the door for a group show. Spread the wealth, comrade.

I'm going to all I can to take off work and come to this show.

I take it you'll be there on Thursday?