The Photography Thread

MrChupacabra

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Yah, I like the 1st and 4th ones best also. It looks like you're thinking about creative composure, that's good.

The photos you've posted, however, look overexposed. Most photographers aim for a full range of tonalities - white, black and everything inbetween. Maybe it's the scans or WalMart printing or an Fstop too open, but none of yours shots have black tones, just dark grey to washed-out white. The washed-out-look isn't bad but maybe work on some punchier contrast.

Also, this will be nearly irrevelant if you're moving to a D-SLR 'cause image editing programs allow you to easily tweak contrast and whitebalance.

thanks for the feedback.. and i hear what your saying about the overexposure... some of it was due to my camera, as the battery was damn near dead so the shutter was slightly slower, but some was also because of personal error..

im looking forward to working with color, and that should provide me with even more room for improvement haha

i usually lurk on 12oz, but i found this thread and wanted to contribute. i've been shooting for a while now, but it's just a hobby. my setup is an old canon ae-1 slr and whatever film i can get my hands on. i've also got a holga that i use from time to time. here are some relatively new shots... let me know what you think.

44456826_216ae16208.jpg

25986201_fc747d820c.jpg

44465524_24a7bbb623.jpg

25986000_e3df9c08fc.jpg

25985998_05e649f5fd.jpg

Originally posted by photoflashfocusrecord@Sep 19 2005, 01:39 AM

i usually lurk on 12oz, but i found this thread and wanted to contribute.  i've been shooting for a while now, but it's just a hobby.  my setup is an old canon ae-1 slr and whatever film i can get my hands on.  i've also got a holga that i use from time to time.  here are some relatively new shots... let me know what you think.

I'm definitely feeing your stuff so far and that first diptych is on fire.

I don't know what it is about the majority of people posting on here, but there are definitely common themes that are right out front for a lot of us. That's pretty cool actually considering we're all sitting/shooting in different locales. The imagined 12oz group show would be a sight....

*edit because i can't spell.

Originally posted by thecarwreck+Sep 19 2005, 08:33 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (thecarwreck - Sep 19 2005, 08:33 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-photoflashfocusrecord@Sep 19 2005, 01:39 AM

i usually lurk on 12oz, but i found this thread and wanted to contribute.  i've been shooting for a while now, but it's just a hobby.  my setup is an old canon ae-1 slr and whatever film i can get my hands on.  i've also got a holga that i use from time to time.  here are some relatively new shots... let me know what you think.

I'm definitely feeing your stuff so far and that first diptych is on fire.

I don't know what it is about the majority of people posting on here, but there are definitely common themes that are right out front for a lot of us. That's pretty cool actually considering we're all sitting/shooting in different locales. The imagined 12oz group show would be a sight....

[/b]

thanks. i'll post some other stuff soon.

and it is kind of strange how everyone around here kind of views their surroundings differently from the majority of the population, but similar to each other. it undoubtly has something to do with the influence of art, graffiti, skateboarding, and the other common interests a lot of people around here share. a 12oz group show would be on fire, i know that much.

Originally posted by photoflashfocusrecord@Sep 19 2005, 11:31 AM

and it is kind of strange how everyone around here kind of views their surroundings differently from the majority of the population, but similar to each other.

word up. case in point:

41293003_bfbcc0ce27.jpg

44465524_24a7bbb623.jpg

and that's just a self-serving example.

so does this mean we're only complimenting each other because we're really into ourselves? art theorists, bring it on down. haha.

Looks like the creepers are coming out of the closet... i also have been viewing this thread for quite some time but have finally decided to join the "club".

In regards to what similarities we all shoot for subject matter, all of us on here have common interests (graffiti, freight culture, nature, night time, etc...) so it's no suprise to me that we all decide to snap our buttons at these subjects.

A lot of these subjects are also quite common for image makers to take notice of, such as shadows, textures, compostions, etc..

I think as photographers we look at things slightly differently that the common person, maybe being intrigued/excited about shadows cast by wires. While an average joe only sees boring wires and nothing else to it.

blah blah blah..... feel free to comment

43442590_3503e1794b.jpg

43442591_7d160f3a17.jpg

43441845_ab63bb55a2.jpg

43441843_775335940e.jpg

11972957_a3fb67f7e9.jpg

11972955_c0785151b8.jpg

11972185_800407b0e7.jpg

11968964_22c0626596.jpg