The Photography Thread

MrChupacabra

40653043_fa1ed3276f.jpg

I have a love/hate relationship with played-out subject matter. Needless to say, photos of people painting is played all to fuck.

This is Dever. At least he kills shit.

*edit: I just decided that everyone needs to cop that biggus shadow bird style and post one up. We can be like a gang or something... yeah, a gang.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Because graffiti photos are played the fuck out, as previosly mentioned, that second photo you posted doesnt really fit in here........

The first one is pritty cool.

But, those tunnels in the background could make some pritty cool photos if you went in there and shit and tried something different, other then the average graffiti photo.

Or not.

well, first of all i dont know the first thing about cameras and photography, but ive come into the hands of an nikon f80. problem is though is that the lense is broken. could some recommend an economical lense to buy for someone who is learning.

any help would be much appreciated.

Originally posted by norabaty@Sep 9 2005, 12:29 PM

well, first of all i dont know the first thing about cameras and photography, but ive come into the hands of an nikon f80. problem is though is that the lense is broken. could some recommend an economical lense to buy for someone who is learning.

any help would be much appreciated.

Fortunately, you got your hands on a nice camera. What's more is that Nikons have a ton of lenses to work with. If you're just starting out, I'd go with a 50mm lens. All the major manufacturers make ones that fit Nikon mounts (I think it's actually called an f-mount, someone correct me). Just check out your local camera shop and look at the used lenses. Ask the people working there--chances are they know what's up.

bhphoto.com has a ton of deals on used stuff too, just make sure to get your info straight before ordering.

Originally posted by Cheggit@Sep 10 2005, 03:31 AM

I will be going back there. Hopefully getting photos wayyy better then that one. And with a tripod and not in the middle of the day.

with the long shutter, especially on water, I think daytime works/looks best. You can get darkening filters that let you get the daytime light without, well, the daytime light... if that makes sense. The problem with waiting for less light is that you run the risk of losing that fresh and clean feeling of rushing water...

Yes, Carwreck you are right. Because I went in the morning the sun was in the wrong place and every shot I attempted was pointing right into the sun. But this one was under a tree and I was trying hard not to point it at the sun. So when I say I wont go back "In the middle of the day" I should of said not first thing in the morning. I will go back maybe in the afternoon

Originally posted by ese+Sep 10 2005, 03:37 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ese - Sep 10 2005, 03:37 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-thecarwreck@Sep 8 2005, 10:29 AM

Just a couple in support of wasting time.

41293004_c2fb289e47.jpg

loving this one!

[/b]

that looks like somewhere off 95 in the dirty dirty..am i right?