The Photography Thread

MrChupacabra

i'll be sure to mess around with the white balance now.

do you ever have a problem with the lens autofocusing and instead just toggles up and down?

If the lens just keeps going back and forth but wont lock onto anything it's ussually because you are too close to what you're trying to snap a picture of, back upa little and see what happens. You can just flick the switch on the side of those nikkor lens and put it into manual. With some other lens you have to switch it in the camera to manual.

Also, if you look through the lens you see three little squares. Those are your focus points (they're also there for the exposure points when using the built in light meter). But for focus, just use the little selector (joy stick) thing on the back to highlight which one you want to use (I don't know the correct name for it, it's the cross thing with the "ok" in the middle).

You might have it set to focus on the right or left side, while you're lookign at something in the middle and it's trying to focus on a different place then what you want.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Is there anything obstructing those seven little contact points between the lens and the camera body?

I don't know for sure, but I think it's safe to assume that those contact are what send the information from the camera to the lens.

Do you have to take the lens off after each picture?

You might want to take your camera to a shop and ask to try out another lens (just pretend you're in the market for a new lens)... and see if the camera still does it. If not then you know it's the lens, if it does then it's most likely your camera.

World is in financial crise, most of countries are in recession. For 2009, an estimated 9.6 million U.S. jobs were eliminated. In Russia only in december 2008 1.0 million jobs were eliminated. Learn how to survive and play virtual stock exchange trading with stocks and goods. Only the best wins!

http://www.stocks.en.st/

Today tradings:

most_s10.jpg

haven't been shooting that much lately. i need more motivation and more time. i also really wanna start shooting film again-35mm and 120. just hate that it's so expensive to develop. anyway here's 2 photos i took recently that i like....

4038834958_956f0063ea_o.jpg

4038081071_0607d5d669_o.jpg

i'm not sure if i like the way i edited the last one. any opinions would be great. thanks.