The Photography Thread

MrChupacabra

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i really like the photos in here most of them look very professional.

i'm not sure if this has been asked in the thread or whatnot

but i'm curious have any of you taken photography classes?

i would like to get into it but not take the classes...i just don't feel like learning about light /shadow/and the principles. I'd rather just buy a lomo and go for it

I've taken three photo classes my whole life.

- One beginner class in 10th grade. My first attempt at prints, etc, with a shitty lab.

- One more beginner class three years later in community college. Better class, better teacher, better assignments, better lab.

- One intermmediate class in design college two years after that. Better professor, better equipment, smaller lab.

I need to go back to school.

currently going to a trade school for photography, prior to that I was pretty much teaching myself. Hit up a book store and just start reading.

I also work at a photo store processing and printing(all machines, push buttons adjust CMYK and such. But this evening I was just promoted to "DES" which I have no idea what it stands for but I sit at a computer and make peoples shitty photos look a little less shitty in photo shop. Wow, I'm building a resume.

some randomness:

christianlight.jpg

this is one of a whole narrative of setting up studio lights

sean1.jpg

one of the test prints for my Fundamentals final, "breaking the rules" I'm sure somewhere in some photo book it says, "Taking a thumbtack to the emulsion side of your negative is not a good idea..."

selfone.jpg

Another self portrait, "The artist at any given moment."

davecmh.jpg

my room mate admiring "the wall." We rolled seamless backdrop paper on our wall and started writting on it, this was the very beginning now it's practically covered in random qoutes and dumb drawings. (4x5 contact print)

I have some photos of the Minor Times I shot the other night, I'll post them later.