· • H A R D C O R E music T H R E A D • ·

-Rage-

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The current issue of Rolling Stone, the one with the super-gay cover, has a big article on FSU. FSU members are so full of shit and total hypocrites. Sure, they kicked the skinheads out of Boston, but the end result is the same: a bunch of assholes ganging up on people and beating them up. They have no concept of a fair fight and try to instill as much fear in people as skinheads do.

The current issue of Rolling Stone, the one with the super-gay cover, has a big article on FSU. FSU members are so full of shit and total hypocrites. Sure, they kicked the skinheads out of Boston, but the end result is the same: a bunch of assholes ganging up on people and beating them up. They have no concept of a fair fight and try to instill as much fear in people as skinheads do.

Sounds like Philly.

It's mad crews that act the same but claim "we kicked the skinheads out" as their reson for acting like skinheads. :biglaugh:

i just got the new record... it is, of course, awesome.

now you got me on some clevo shit... listening to face value, confront, nine shocks terror...

Hahahaha , Confront...Meanstreak was good too . I always liked James ( Human Furnace ) from Ringworm . He's always been an everyday dude you could get drunk with , plus one of the sickest tattoo artists around .

i checked out emmure recently. not into it. dude was trying to do the korn/disturbed"wa a a ha" thing... thats a big fucking no go. i usually like simple metalcore, but vocally i couldn't dig.

AGE OF RUIN

BARRET

PRAYER FOR CLEANSING

PIECEMEAL

prayer for cleansing. thats it

yo lets get our shit straight here about fsu. i'm not gonna say they do or do not gang up on people or whatever. however, they didn't kick skinheads out of boston. they kicked NAZIs out of boston, there's a huge difference. anti racist skinheads have been around way longer than neo nazis. i have a lot of friends that are s.h.a.r.p. (skinheads against racism and prejudice), and it always pisses me off when the term skinhead gets tossed around meaning nazi.

yo lets get our shit straight here about fsu. i'm not gonna say they do or do not gang up on people or whatever. however, they didn't kick skinheads out of boston. they kicked NAZIs out of boston, there's a huge difference. anti racist skinheads have been around way longer than neo nazis. i have a lot of friends that are s.h.a.r.p. (skinheads against racism and prejudice), and it always pisses me off when the term skinhead gets tossed around meaning nazi.

yeah

skins has always jsut been the term for nazis, its one of those thigns that dont mean what they originally did but people still use it to refer to them any ways.

theyve got a huge thing on FSU and boston beat down in this months rolling stones, you should got check it out.

/\/\haha.

i completely disagree with throwing metalcore together like that. bands like converge, darkest hour, age of ruin, living sacrifice, shai hulud, etc. etc. are completely different than deathstar and the rest of SOCAL "hardcore" (btw fucking LOLZ at new throwdown... "represent" my ass). breakdown driven drop D with tapping parts hardcore is still on such a higher level than nu metal. but it is bottom of the barrel.

comeback kid is meh, but sing a longs are fun. they bring good energy to shows, so i'll put up with 'em.

on that note: HARVEST

I love me some converge, but i just never really lump them in with the metalcore genre when i think of what it is in the sense of the word today. When i say metalcore, i mean the girlpants, ninjamoshing, "i think 18 visions is the best hardcore band ever" crowd. They can die with the tribal armband, jnco jeans numetal faggots.

To expand on the cbk thing, i don't actually have any hate for them, i just think they're really overrated. I know the guitarist pretty decently and hes a really good guy and i'm glad they're doing well, it just makes me bitter when cbk opens for a band like bane and half the crowd clears out as soon as cbk finishes. They're fun live if you can get over the mobs of 15 year olds trying to mosh, but there are tons of bands out there that are doing far more interesting and better shit.

i like old 18 visions. 'best of...' is a great album. i've still got my 18v windbreaker, i haven't worn it in a few years though for obvious reasons, they got real fucking gay.

i agree with the scene kid side of hardcore-gone-gay, but i love hc dancing. its so ridiculous, but so goddamn fun.

i don't really give a shit about new bane...

one dead three wounded, barricade, and kingdom are some "newer" hardcore bands i'd say are worth checking out. ODTW have a cool southern rock groove to 'em, similar to santa sangre but not metalcore...

To expand on the cbk thing, i don't actually have any hate for them, i just think they're really overrated. I know the guitarist pretty decently and hes a really good guy and i'm glad they're doing well, it just makes me bitter when cbk opens for a band like bane and half the crowd clears out as soon as cbk finishes. They're fun live if you can get over the mobs of 15 year olds trying to mosh, but there are tons of bands out there that are doing far more interesting and better shit.

EXACTLY. when i saw cbk and bane a while back, the place was packed when i got there, which i was stoked on. then, after cbk played, there was like 25 people left for bane. so maybe the order should have been reversed, but either way, more people should have been there for bane.

one dead three wounded, barricade, and kingdom are some "newer" hardcore bands i'd say are worth checking out. ODTW have a cool southern rock groove to 'em, similar to santa sangre but not metalcore...

kingdom is awesome, good people that deserve support. i've been on a real big vegan straight edge hardcore kick lately... there's some awesome new(er) bands out there; 7 generations, gather (though they broke up recently), kingdom, maroon (more metal than core, but still awesome)... it's been a while since i've been really stoked on some new hardcore bands.

die young is really, really fucking good, too. check them out.

i love vegan straight edge music. not sure why as i'm a former butcher (now i'm a soldier...) and i'm usually drunk (when off duty, of course......).

its silly most of the time, and though it may be bullshit, i guess i like it because there is so much fucking rage and passion that they're letting out. even if its about things i'm not in line with...

EXACTLY. when i saw cbk and bane a while back, the place was packed when i got there, which i was stoked on. then, after cbk played, there was like 25 people left for bane. so maybe the order should have been reversed, but either way, more people should have been there for bane.

I saw bane like 4 months ago on a australian tour.

They did okay.