Israel

Ski Mask

Guest willy.wonka

oh people.....dont forget the "6 DAY WAR" 1967

The Six Day War

Introduction

The Six Day War broke out on June 5, 1967, following three weeks of tension which began on May 15, 1967 when it became known that Egypt had concentrated large-scale forces in the Sinai peninsula. Egypt's force buildup in the Sinai was accompanied by other serious steps: the United Nations Emergency Force stationed on the border between Egypt and Israel and Sharm el-Sheikh in 1957 and which had provided an actual separation between the countries was evacuated on May 19 upon the demands of the Egyptian president at the time, Gamal Abdel-Nasser; the Egyptian navy blocked the Straits of Tiran, located at the end of the Gulf of Eilat, on the night of May 22-23, 1967, preventing the passage of any Israeli vessels; and on May 30, 1967, Jordan joined the Egyptian-Syrian military alliance of 1966 and placed its army on both sides of the Jordan river under Egyptian command. Iraq followed suit. It agreed to send reinforcement and issued a warning order to two brigades: Contingents arrived from other Arab countries including Algeria and Kuwait. Israel was confronted by an Arab force of some 465,000 troops, over 2,880 tanks and 810 aircraft.

In this way, a direct threat along the whole length of Israel's territory was created. The Egyptian Army was deployed in the Sinai, the straits were closed signaling the failure of Israeli deterrence, and Jordan joined the military alliance closing the circle of the states threatening Israel’s borders. As the situation deteriorated, Israel increased its reserve forces call-up which had already been underway and established a National Unity government which included representatives of the opposition parties at that time. Moshe Dayan was appointed Minister of Defense. Though the Government of Israel viewed the closing of the straits as a belligerent act and a warning bell, the government tried to solve the crisis through political channels. The government of Israel approached the Great Powers who had guaranteed the freedom of Israeli navigation. Britain and France reneged on their commitment and the President of the United States proposed a plan for breaking the blockade by an international armada. Israel agreed to wait and give the plan a chance and Prime Minister Eshkol announced his Government’s intentions in a radio broadcast on 28 May. Israel’s decision to wait was taken despite the fact that it was well aware that the main threat had now become the Egyptian deployment in the Sinai and not the closing of the straits. When it became clear later that the political demarches had failed, the Government, on June 4 gave approval to the Israel Defense Forces to undertake military offensive to eliminate the threat to Israel’s existence.

This dramatic development was the height of continued deterioration in the relations between Israel and her neighbors. The state of war that had existed since 1948 was already intensified between 1964-67 with the increase in the number of dangerous incidents on the Syrian border following Israel’s activation of the National Water Carrier from the Sea of Galilee to the Negev in 1964. This tension came against the backdrop of Syrian attacks on Israeli farmers cultivating land in the demilitarized zone and on Israeli fishing boats and other craft in the Sea of Galilee. The Arabs opposed the National Water Carrier project and tried to destroy it by diverting the subsidiaries of the Jordan river located in their territories. In addition, at the start of 1965 Palestinian terrorist organizations, under the patronage of both Syria and Egypt, began to operate against Israeli settlements. Their attacks led to Israeli military reprisals against their bases located in neighboring countries. The Arabs were strengthened in their stand by the consistent support of the USSR, through both the supply of weapons and military advisers and through political support in the framework of the cold war between the East and West. It was the Soviets who spread the false report in 1967 that Israel had concentrated large forces on the border with Syria in preparation to attack, after the Syrians had already "heated up" the border area. This fraudulent report was the declared reason for the concentration of Egyptian forces in Sinai, in confirmation with the military alliance between Egypt and Syria. This concentration of forces gradually led the Arabs to believe that an opportunity had been created to realize their 19-year aspiration to destroy Israel. In the light of this development, Israel had no choice but to preempt.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

JTF,

perhaps if you disagree, youd like to counter the things people are saying with fact, instead of just insulting them and telling them they dont know anything.

if you are going to parade around your list of arab countries we 'helped' then i will counter with the FACT that we 'helped' them until it was advantagous to help their enemies, then we turned tail.

we helped afghanistan because we feared the russians would spread communism further, and that would be bad for american businesses. do you honestly think we gave a fuck about their people? if we did, why did we just give the taliban 43 million dollars, 6 months before the attacks? why did enron officials meet with the taliban just days before the attacks to discuss running a pipeline through afghanistan?

we gave arms to iran, in exchange for them giving money to the contras, who we could not sponsor, as it went against the very rules we set up in the UN for the whole world to follow. then, when they went to war with iraq, we , refused to give them parts, ammo and support they turned on us and took hostages. ford made a deal to get them back, reagan got them to hold off on releasing them until the day of his inaugeration, so it would be a great news story. reagan then began backing iraq, which we continued to do, as sadaam took over any country he wanted, until he got to kuwait. then we got pissed cause it was fucking with our oil. so we blow the shit out or iraq, then leave kuwait completely fucked up, in worse shape than it was before.

korea: again, another communist country that were pissed cause we cant sell them coca cola. we can dress them up as being a threat cause they have nukes, and blah blah, but we have nukes, so why arent we a threat to everyone else? cause were moraly right, and sound? i think not.

china: china boasts the largest population in the world, is it any wonder why were bending over backwards to suck their cocks while we tickle their assholes?

should i go on?

i dont agree with anyone killing any innocent people anywhere, but i can understand the desperation to be heard, that can come about when no one gives a fuck about you and your people.

jews didnt 'steal' isreal, it was given to them by the UN, lead by brittan. a pretty terrible fucking choice of place if you ask me. after we put the jews in place there, they immediatly began branching out and taking over occupied lands. this was easy, considering the money they had, verse the incredible lack of money that the palestinians had.

whatever, this is my last post on the subject... discussion is futile when those involved would rather rely on opinion and insults, than fact, to make their stand.

Guest Soul_On_Ice

this doesn't relate directly to this thread but have you all heard about the U.S. developing smaller nuclear weapons to use in case some of the countries in the middle east get out of hand.

Originally posted by Pistol

The SAME people that say shit like "an eye for an eye leaves everybody blind" are the same people on here applauding the Palestinian movement which revolves arounf sending in martyrs to shopping markets and exploding themselves next to women and children with nails attached to themselves to make an even more dangerous explosion. The same people on here that scream out against the war on terrorism and want peace and hugs are the same people that stick up for these fucking martyrs trying to see the reason behind it and understand what these people are feeling and why they do this shit.

So Palestine got their land stolen, who didn't? Why don't they just chill the fuck out and try to get it back politically. I mean what is bombing innocent women and children at the supermarket gonna do? Is it somesort of revenge , remember "an eye for an eye leaves everbody blind"

And then there are people (hint, hint) like you who feel that they are the only ones living in the real world. Quoting the bible while they're getting their killing on. Please, spare us your claims of immunity.

• 1 month later...

bump for the sickness going on in palestine. i'd really like to hear the pro-israel heads defend this one. people are being bulldozed alive in their houses, civilians shot for searching for medical help and food, the stench of rotting people everywhere in palestine. never again? ha right now its going on. palestinian and israeli people are suffering because of their governments with the holocaust being used as an excuse. sick.

i saw something on bbc about a rally in the us about israel where a jewish politician spoke up about the suffering going on in palestine and people booed. its really sick. i'm not pro suicide bomber but for real women with children are blowing themselves up. doesn't that say something? not i'm a crazy bitch but rather i feel i can do better for my child by blowing myself up than i can by raising you in this hell hole that israel has created.

looking at it from thousands of miles away in a sheltered environment miles away from having to worry about suicide bombings or air raids i dont think i have any right to say who's wrong or right because both sides have blood on their hands. you can't go kick your politics to some 19 year old Israeli soldier and tell him that the suicide bomber that killed his mom acts were justified and he should undestand it because of blah blah blah...or tell some Palestinian kid that he shouldn't hate Israel because of blah blah blah. Fact is both sides will hate each other till death. I doubt that if the Palestinians were given their/share of land that there would be peace. Hatred like that cant be erased by money and land. Even though the US and western countries aren't really getting at peace, i dont think alot of Arab countires want to see peace between Israelis and Palestinians. personally, I believe that some Arab countries want to use the Palestinians as a way of getting Israel out of the region and that any extra conflict is good.

Originally posted by BROWNer

and qaddafi.....he doesn't let america push him around

and so they get all pissy pants and blackball him. qaddafi has some great qualities. anyhow...........

if you think america is corrupt how can you side with qadahfi?

how can you even try to make him look like a victim?????

Guest BROWNer

whatever....

don't believe the hype.

qaddafi is a good example of how the us

blackballs people....look into it.

they blackball whole populations. iran

is another example..the whole 'axis of evil' shit...

and to add to seekings post, iraq was manoevered

to invade kuwait by the cia. thats a war that

was instigated by the us.

its one big chess game.

Here are the facts of human nature:

-If I grew up in Palestine and was indoctrinated in the religion and culture, I would today be a suicide bomber.

-If I grew up in Israel and was indoctrinated in the religion and culture, I would probably be an Israeli soldier, or at least a Sharon supporter.

-There will be no peace until one side or the other has been exterminated, and that peace, if achieved, will eventually be broken by supporters of and sympathizers with the exterminated group.

-Indoctrinated humans are not capable of choosing relocation over mass murder as a solution to their problems.

-Religion and politics are at the root of all human stupidity, and very little of human progress.

-I can shit talk Israelis and Palestinians for being too dumb to see that they can avoid violence by moving somewhere else in the world instead of insisting on ownership of a strip of desert, yet I live on land that has not in my lifetime ever been disputed, so it seems that I would not know what the fuck I am talking about.

ALL THESE ARE FACTS OF HUMAN NATURE. They are inconsistent and paradoxical. We have always been this way. I say "we" because I am no different. I don't know whether to condemn or forgive the human race on any given day.

Originally posted by serum

i saw something on bbc about a rally in the us about israel where a jewish politician spoke up about the suffering going on in palestine and people booed. its really sick. [/b]

there is a pro-palestine rally this weekend i think. i'd go probably, but i'm even poorer, another speeding ticket, there are mad hostels in dc though, so i may look into it. fuck terror.

here's some more stuff to add to Cracked's list:

The US will continue to support Israel because they can't get shit from Palestine

Many European countries appear to be anit-Israel, but they won't make a move against Israel while the US is on Israel's side

Surrounding Arab nations are not pro-Palestine, only anti-Israel, an important difference

Every person's view on this board is slanted by what there media is telling them. The media has its own bias's so it is impossible to even get a clear view on the attrocities that both sides are committing.

whats the most interesting to me is that i watch BBC world news which i feel is damn good journalism. they show both sides, try to get them a bit upset and don't really have a bias. if they did i'd actually say it was a little more for palestine. when i turn to CNN they tend to have more interviews with israeli leaders and never really tear them a new asshole about whats going on now. its true that they will eventually kill each other until they are all dead and with the majority of the men gone from these camps israel might now be successful in doing so.

I've been thinking about what Cracked said as well, and I'd have to agree, there just is no way for them to live together. Too much water under the bridge, so to speak. I have to say both sides have humiliated the other enough so that they're capable of doing anything to one another as long as they're in the same territory. Whoever said that they're behaving like children is absolutely right. You have Sharon and the Israelis, all jews sadly born to humility, and you have the suicide bombers who grew up in times where they saw many atrocities committed against thier parents. It's plain to see what human nature is capable of when you look at what's happening. Can I feel sorry for them if I am them?

• 5 months later...
Originally posted by Pistol

I trip out on the WASP kids with everything that want something to fight for always wanna stick up for the Palestinians and bash Israel.

Hah. Yeah I trip on that too.

Sure, everyone loves an underdog, but yikes....supporting Palestinian killing of innocent civilians is just too out there for me.

I'm tripping on this whole self-loathing thing going on as well... If you're American then fucking accept the fact, and don't willingly accept blame for the "sins of the fathers".... or the sins of the US government. None of you would be down to see someone you love get murdered because they "occupy stolen land" or are a certain ethnicity or nationality. Come on, people.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

Israel is surrounded on all sides by enemies and is hated by every arab nation. This includes the whole middle east as well as north Africa. Israel has a large palestinian population of sworn enemies. Life in Israel is very uncertain. There have been so many suicide bombings over the last few years. In 67' they fought a war against Syria, Lebanon, Jordan, and Egypt and won. Israel has nuclear weapons and very well equipt arsenel. We give them our technology. In the past America has had to step in to keep Israel from blowing Iraq into hell.(heaven forbid) Even as Iraq was hurling SCUDs into Israel. Young Israelis are required to serve in the armed forces. The Israeli Mossad is like the CIA but with fucking huge nuts. Considering all of what has happened to Jewish people across the diaspora they deserve a homeland. Israel is where Jewish people are said to have originated and is therefor a suitable place. If the Jews decided to wipe out the Palestinians i wouldnt blame them for a second. Fuck palestinians and islam. Not that Palestinians havnt had a rough go of it. When immigration really picked up after 1946 the Jews took everything from the Palestinian and herded them into concentration camps.

I perfer jews over arabs. Jewish girls are easy and arab girls are disrespectful and loud

Guest KING BLING
Originally posted by isor357@Oct 31 2005, 10:26 PM

Considering all of what has happened to Jewish people across the diaspora they deserve a homeland. Israel is where Jewish people are said to have originated and is therefor a suitable place. If the Jews decided to wipe out the Palestinians i wouldnt blame them for a second. Fuck palestinians and islam. Not that Palestinians havnt had a rough go of it. When immigration really picked up after 1946 the Jews took everything from the Palestinian and herded them into concentration camps.

I perfer jews over arabs. Jewish girls are easy and arab girls are disrespectful and loud

I started to counter your ideas than relaized that it was a waste of time. Can you give me any reasons that we didn't form a Jewish country within the borders of Germany? I'm not sure if it was any less plausable than displacing an entire country of Palestenians...anything to offer on the subject?

Archived