Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

The Star Wars Kid is suing .. and apparently in psychiatric care thanks to the video.

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Poop Man Bob, Jul 27, 2003.

1. Poop Man Bob

Poop Man Bob Dirty Dozen Crew

http://www.wired.com/news/culture/0,1284,59757,00.htm

http://www.jedimaster.net/starwarskid.gif'>[color=888888]masterghyslainowns youandyoursister[/color][img]http://www.jedimaster.net/starwarskid.gif'>[color=888888]masterghyslainowns youandyoursister[/color][img]http://www.jedimaster.net/starwarskid.gif'>

[quote][b]The parents of the infamous "Star Wars Kid" are suing classmates who posted a humiliating video of their son on the Net, according to Canada's Globe and Mail.

Quebec teenager Ghyslian Raza was the target of worldwide mockery when a private video he made of himself practicing his lightsaber moves was uploaded to the Net by kids at his school.

Now his parents are claiming damages of $160,000 from the families of the four classmates who digitized and published the video. Ghyslain's parents claim their son was so humiliated, he is undergoing psychiatric care and may be marked for life by the experience.

Ghyslain's video was posted to the Kazaa file-sharing network in the spring. The two-minute video shows an overweight teenager fighting a mock battle with a golf-ball retriever doubling as a lightsaber. The teenager twirls the "lightsaber" ever more energetically while generating his own sound effects. It is obviously not for public consumption.

[b]Ghyslain was so teased about the video, he dropped out of school and finished the semester at a children's psychiatric ward, according to a lawsuit filed in the Raza's hometown of Trois-Rivières, Quebec. [/b]

According to the suit, "Ghyslain had to endure, and still endures today, harassment and derision from his high-school mates and the public at large." He "will be under psychiatric care for an indefinite amount of time." The suit suggests that the ordeal may cause Ghyslain to be labeled as "mentally ill," and the stigma could make it difficult for him to enroll in school or get a job, and may force him to change his name.

Ghyslain's story was reported by media outlets internationally. Angered at the cruel remarks made about Ghyslain online, a pair of webloggers raised money to buy the teenager an Apple iPod.

Andy Baio of Waxy.org and Jish Mukerji of Jish.nu raised more than $4,300 from 421 separate donations. "The outpouring of support has been staggering, far beyond what I ever expected," wrote Baio on his site. "Geeks like us need to stick together."

A petition to get Ghyslain a part in the next Star Wars movie has been signed by more than 16,000 people.

None of the parties involved in the suit are speaking to reporters, according to the Globe and Mail. Wired News was unable to contact the Razas' lawyer for comment. [/b][/quote]

[img]http://www.jedimaster.net/swk6.jpg'>
    *Click [url=http://rope.92kqrs.com/waxy/Star_Wars_Kid.wmv]here[/url] to download the original video*

*Click [url=http://www.jedimaster.net/swk_videos.htm]here[/url] for the [b]forty[/b] different versions of the video*

2. Intangible

Intangible 12oz Legend

holy fuck shit that is fucking hilarious....so is the video...all the versions...the matrix one is funny too hashahaha.

3. dELiSs

dELiSs Elite Member

damn that is one hot piece of ass.

4. iloveboxcars

iloveboxcars 12oz Royalty

you guys better have signed the "get the swk into the next star wars movie" petition.

5. mr.yuck

mr.yuck Veteran Member

hahaha i saw that shit on the realultimatepower webpage. The dude that runs the site posted it and said it was him being a ninja. Hahaha.

note to self: Destroy video of self masturbating to pictures of gorditas

edit

Hahah the counter is the ill shit

[​IMG]

6. Swiffer Jet

Swiffer Jet Elite Member

that kid is pathetic. oh well.

:edit:
    man that's just lame.

7. iloveboxcars

i'd hang out with him.

plus he did it for a class.

8. Swiffer Jet

Swiffer Jet Elite Member

when i meant pathetic, i meant that he had to go to a psychiatric ward.

9. Intangible

Intangible 12oz Legend

If I was him id play it off as a joke...think of how many people know him for that now...sure hes an idiot...but look at the other idiots who get paid for stapling there ass cheeks together...hes going to make mad profit...then who needs people he can make and buy his own.

10. Poop Man Bob

Poop Man Bob Dirty Dozen Crew

Yeah, but the kid's only 15 and likely a social outcast, IF. I certainly wasn't very sure of myself at 15, and something on this scale would have kicked my emotion's and ego's ass all over the place. I just don't think the kid can laugh at himself on a scale this large, which I find understandable.

11. Swiffer Jet

Swiffer Jet Elite Member

oh. heh...thought he was 16.

12. villain

villain Veteran Member

Poor kid. It's bad enough being picked on at school let alone the whole fucking world...

13. iloveboxcars

i don't know. i serously think this kid is fucking cool. too bad he doesn't think so.

14. shaolinmasta

shaolinmasta Veteran Member

haha thats pretty fucked getting teased by tha whole world

theyve made over 40 different versions for this fat fucka

15. Dick Quickwood

Dick Quickwood 12oz Loyalist

hahahaha that fat fuck is pretty good at twirling that sword around