Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Ride's

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by DETO, May 14, 2002.

1. Ferris Bueller

Ferris Bueller Elite Member

If I get a full time job anytime soon, I'll be looking into selling my Integra and putting the money down on a 2000+ GMC Sierra / Chevrolet Silverado

I hope to make it look something like this (just a rough idea of what I'd like it to look like):

http://www.acrophobia.net/images/scream/denial_sv.jpg'>

Really clean and simple, 20" rims on all four corners, and maybe I'll bag it (the one in the picture has a 5"/7" drop kit.)

2. uncle-boy

uncle-boy Guest

^^^^^^^

nice choice

3. Canadiano

Canadiano Guest

i don't know too much about those air-thingies...why not go with hydraulics? money, or is there another reason for peoples' preferences.

4. SPLINTER

SPLINTER Guest

hydrolics are more expensive (as far as i know) and are used for more extensive lifts and drops and bouncing. they also provide a terrible bouncy ride. best used for show cars

air bags replace the springs and give a much better ride but you cant do as many "tricks" with them. they also a lot easier to install and dont require a bunch of extra batteries.

5. When

When 12oz Loyalist

teehee

well fr8 if your serious on seeing something im building, check out the alien nightowls attack superthread. im building a 91 toyota pickup. it will be similar to the old ride in some aspects but i intend to go much more wild with it.
    i sold the truck i previously mentioned in this thread, and for the time being i am rolling a stock 86' mazda 626 until the truck is done.

6. jah

jah Elite Member

sounds pretty sick.i have to ask though, are you asian??

7. When

When 12oz Loyalist

yack at the idea of a 5-7 drop
    bags are your best bet if you want some style
    everyone and their soccer mom has 20's and a 5-7 drop on their chevy

8. When

When 12oz Loyalist

hydraulics are actually pretty much the same price as a good bag setup(minus the batteries). you can get more straight lift out of hydros than bags, but bags can be setup to deliver massive lift if you are creative (cantilever setups etc.) hydros can (repeat CAN) ride very smoothly if set up properly and maintained in conjuntion with some accumulators. also bags and hydros require about the same amount of work to set up, the only thing i hate about hydros is all that oil that is running back and forth(oil doesnt come out of interior fabrics easily), and the fear of burning out pumps or that horrible sound of oil frothing up and going all over the ground. as far as tricks are concerned, a good bag setup can do just about anything a hydro setup can do (three wheel, hop, hit sides, etc.) all in all i find bags to be the better choice, but hydros have made huge popularity gains lately with all the new technology being put into them. its all a matter of opinion and style i guess.

9. DETO

DETO Dirty Dozen Crew

16 YEARS LATER AND I HAVE A 2010 VOLVO C30, 1995 JEEP WRANGLER AND A 2017 HYUNDAI SANTA FE...

10. Brewster Baker

Brewster Baker 12oz Loyalist

2018 Silverado 2500
    2011 patriot

And my pride and joy 1999 towncar

11. theprotester

theprotester Moderator Crew

Sadly I drive a Forester XT with pipes and nothing else.

The ute is gone, the SCd OBK is gone... Sensible pro.

When this motor blows it'll be a diffrrdif story I'm sure.

12. Hua Guofang

Hua Guofang Dirty Dozen Crew

My Forester isn't even XT, But I'm cool with that, it's a car, I drive it and it takes me to places.