1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Question for Hat Enthusiasts/Hat Wearers

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Weapon X, May 19, 2004.

1. Weapon X

Weapon X 12oz Loyalist

Question for Hat Enthusiasts/Hat Wearers

Discussion started by Weapon X - May 19, 2004

I’ve seen lamer threads, so fuck you.

Last summer, I owned a beautiful Blue Jays hat. It was the original road hat, complete with the beak that was green underneath (typical of all baseball teams back then). One night, I got taken down by a squad of cops because I talked shit to a female officer (something about penis envy and wanting to be a cop for the gangbangs at the precinct). While they had me handcuffed, three or four officers were lifting me by my torso and legs and slamming me repeatedly into the concrete.

When I was finally put into the squad car, I was missing my beautiful Jays hat. I asked the cop to go pick it up off the lawn for me, but he just laughed and zoomed off.

In the end, the cops were pretty cool to a ‘coloured’ like myself, and let me walk home at 6am with a drinking ticket (to my baby cousin in Houston’s name), a hangover, and an aching body.

Fast forward to today. I purchased a new Jays hat at the SkyDome today. We were winning 5 – 2 over the Twins in the top of the 9th when Terry Adams, our relief pitcher, walked two, gave up a single, and then, with the bases loaded, gave up a grandslam. Bullshit. I told Gill Patterson, the Blue Jays’ pitching coach to give Adams a message. Patterson got pissed at me, but whatever.

Anyway, the hat I bought today is almost the same as the one from last summer, except for a couple of not so minor details. One, there is a New Era symbol on the left side of the hat. Also, there is a big Cooperstown Collection insignia on the back. Do any of you people know if it is possible to take that shit off of there? The New Era symbol seems to be stitched on, while the Cooperstown (I might go there this summer) Collection symbol looks like a patch – sorta like it was magically ironed on on the inside and out of the hat.

For real, can someone help me?

PS - Aerosmith is at the Saddledome, watching the Flames/Sharks game – pretty cool. I’m happy that Alyn McCauley just scored, but still, GO FLAMES!

Weapon X - Rank: 12oz Loyalist - Messages:
  2. 2 blaazed

2 blaazed New Jack

2 blaazed - Replied May 19, 2004

if it says coopertown collection and a american needle patch...its not a genuine new era...but a hat none the less....i own a coopertown collection hat....does the same justice as a new era..

2 blaazed - Rank: New Jack - Messages:
  3. Weapon X

Weapon X 12oz Loyalist

Weapon X - Replied May 19, 2004

Nah, man – It’s a genuine new era. And I bought it from the official Blue Jays shop, the Bullpen. None of that American Needle stuff on it. I need help, the hat just doesn’t look authentic with all that logo crap on it.

4. mr.yuck

mr.yuck 12oz Veteran Member

mr.yuck - Replied May 19, 2004

Black on black is always a classic.

edit. Does any one remember those indians hats that had the indians with the gold teeth? That shit was hot. Authentic or not i would pay good money to get one of those with a nice color scheme.

mr.yuck - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  5. -Rage-

-Rage- 12oz Loyalist

-Rage- - Replied May 19, 2004

So just take it off.

-Rage- - Rank: 12oz Loyalist - Messages:
  6. Weapon X

Weapon X 12oz Loyalist

That’s what I’m asking! How do I take the logos off without damaging the hat?

7. krie

krie Guest

krie - Replied May 19, 2004

un stitch it ?

8. -Rage-

-Rage- 12oz Loyalist

-Rage- - Replied May 19, 2004

[​IMG]

-Rage- - Rank: 12oz Loyalist - Messages:
  9. Weapon X

Weapon X 12oz Loyalist

Ok, so there’s that, but what of the Cooperstown badge? Like I said, it looks like one of those iron on, or stitch on patches you buy at those stores that say Bad Cop, No Doughnut that those Avril Lavigne girls wear on their backpacks. I can’t figure out how I can take that one off because it looks like it’s ironed/stitched on both inside and outside the hat. If you dig.

*Thx rage, for that pic. I’ll ask my mom about that.

10. Nekro

Nekro 12oz Elite Member

Nekro - Replied May 19, 2004

Is there some paper type stuff on the inside? If so, it's embroidered and not coming off. For the patch, seam rippers are your friend (not picture above)

Nekro - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  11. InnerCityRebel

InnerCityRebel 12oz Veteran Member

InnerCityRebel - Replied May 19, 2004

i hate when the put shit on the outside of the hat.The only thing that belongs is the team logo and the MLB logo on the back.

I like the Cooperstown collection hats as long as it only has the team logo on the front of course..

As for getting the patch off good luck.That shit will be tough..

InnerCityRebel - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  12. FratGuyJoe

FratGuyJoe 12oz Junior Member

FratGuyJoe - Replied May 20, 2004

if you take that logo off, you will probably be able to notice the holes the patch will leave.

what type of hat was it? was it like the hats worn back in 93? if so, i saw 'em in stock at mitchell and ness. no logos on it what-so-ever, just like the original. just a thought.

FratGuyJoe - Rank: 12oz Junior Member - Messages:
  13. High Priest

High Priest 12oz Elite Member

High Priest - Replied May 20, 2004

I wear a hat, but i cant help you here. Sorry.

*Ive posted threads WAY worse then this, im in no position to make a comment.

High Priest - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  14. adderall

adderall 12oz Elite Member

adderall - Replied May 20, 2004

use a chain-saw

adderall - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  15. Weapon X

Weapon X 12oz Loyalist

Weapon X - Replied May 20, 2004

No, there’s no paper on the inside. Thanks for the advice, but I’m not sure what a seam ripper is. Sounds dangerous.

I-Patch-Clan, you are completely right. I don’t understand why they have to put all those logos all over them. The hat I had last year didn’t have any of that on it, and now all this? Maybe it’s the style for the kids these days…fucking hell.

FratGuy, thanks for the suggestion. I’ve checked all over the internet for anything to do with Mitchell and Ness, but all I can find are the home Jays hats from ’93. That’s the one with the white on the front, not solid blue. You can still get those here in the city, but not the original roads. Fucking cops. I bet one of them took it home to wear himself. Mitchellandness.com is hard to navigate, and I couldn’t find anything to do with hats. Lids.com sucks these days, and newera.com couldn’t even help me. Neither could starstruck.com, nor distantreplays.com.

You’re right about the holes. I’m prepared to leave a number of holes on the side of my hat where the new era logo is, but as for the patch on the back, I’m not sure how that would look. Seriously, I might as well be wearing one of those pinwheel hats with all the team logos on them or some shit.

At least I got Bert Blyleven to sign my ’71 Angels hat the other day, as well as a card. He’s the one who told me that Troy Glaus is most likely out for the season. I can’t believe I talked baseball with a Hall of Famer!

In other, not so off topic news, I can’t believe that major league baseball is selling out their bases to Spiderman 2. Then, on the Daily Show, they were talking about how they want to introduce advertisements on the players’ uniforms. The players aren’t down, though, because it might interfere with their own endorsement deals and such.