1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

posting your own freights??

Discussion in 'Metal Heads' started by the press, Mar 4, 2003.

1. the press

the press 12oz Junior Member

posting your own freights??

Discussion started by the press - Mar 4, 2003

ive noticed latley people posting thier own trains and noticed people getting upset about this..i wanted to start this post because i was curious what everyone else thought about this subject..

personally, i think its garbage...people give sigh such a hard time for "biting"...isnt this just as bad??? i think you should let your pieces, bombs, tags, ect. ect. do the work...have enuff self respect to not post your own shittt.......

and if you must post your shit.....have enuff dignity to say that your doing it and not play like you spotted it....damnn

just my thoughts..
    what do you think??

the press - Rank: 12oz Junior Member - Messages:
  2. PHYNE

PHYNE Guest

PHYNE - Replied Mar 4, 2003

i say post away as long as its not complete garbage.........
    ill post fr8s all day...but no tags or lame bombs threads..just fr8s homie.....:jpotato:

3. ray finkle

ray finkle 12oz Member

ray finkle - Replied Mar 4, 2003

i wish MORE people would post their own freights so it wasnt always the same shit. theres a lot of people who's personal collections i'd like to see... . i've never even caught half the people that are up a lot on here. i've never even heard of most of them untill i came on here, but now at least i know about them and can follow what they do.
    sigh is a pretty bad name to drop for your example. he's got brandnew pieces on cars next to eachother posted, he's steadily on thread after thread. that aint him or his friends doing it? i dont give a shit though, its just more pictures to look at.

why care? you like graffiti right?

ray finkle - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  4. ray finkle

ray finkle 12oz Member

ray finkle - Replied Mar 5, 2003

also now that i think of it - i rarely ever catch anyones nice pieces (assuming they do nice pieces) that shit you always just see photos of or in a magazine. the "benched" posts really show this, they're usually 90% crap - its cool to see either way, but we all know how graffiti looks in real life and a lot of the time its nice to see the flicks of people's shit that they actually want you to see. i know i've never seen anything of mine that i was proud of posted on here... that shit all falls off a cliff somewhere.

ray finkle - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  5. hobbesv2

hobbesv2 12oz Member

hobbesv2 - Replied Mar 5, 2003

yup. and to me that's sorta the bottom line

plus everything else ray said was nice.

hobbesv2 - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  6. hobbesv2

hobbesv2 12oz Member

hobbesv2 - Replied Mar 5, 2003

ps

it's not like the hardcore benchers are gonna quit

by the way - thanks guys...you rule.

hobbesv2 - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  7. angelofdeath

angelofdeath 12oz Elite Member

angelofdeath - Replied Mar 5, 2003

i think its not "cool" to post your own freights in the "spotted" threads in this forum, because shit, half the time it would only be a list of your own shit if you paint 4 cars a night at a layup with nothing on the trains. who really cares if people post their own pictures, i mean graffiti is about ego's and people have websites dedicated to themselves and thier crew. take ewokone.com. he is good as shit and i for one have gone to his website and been like "damn." and wasnt like... "fucking stamplicker..." i guess you could look at it as posting flicks as a means of getting up. its even better if you have a little bit of work to back yourself up i guess. i say post away, and if you throw in one or 2 of your peices your proud of... who cares? it just gets redundant if people post whole threads about themselves all the time and its garbage...... i dunno just my 2 cents.

angelofdeath - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  8. curious

curious 12oz Member

curious - Replied Mar 5, 2003

a lot of good feed back in this thread...

curious - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  9. Cracked Ass

Cracked Ass 12oz Veteran Member

Cracked Ass - Replied Mar 5, 2003

Exactly.
    I don't know where the big taboo against posting your own stuff comes from. If you overdo it, yeah, it's nauseating. Otherwise, graff is almost nothing but self promotion to begin with. You take your painting skills and write your name up fancy on some trains. You picked trains in the first place because they roll places and can be seen by more people than a wall. It's nothing but advertising, and distributing flicks of the stuff to an even wider audience is a logical extension.
    What I think the main objection is - by the people who sneer at those who post their own shit - is that by posting a lot of your own shit, you can misrepresent to internet viewers how much work you've put in. Which sounds like a bunch of jealousy: heads who think they're keeping it real by refusing to post their shit get pissed that nobody ever benches their shit, yet the name of some doofus who's put in a tenth of the work is in everybody's mouth due to his self-promo.
    On the other hand, I look at internet train flicks as a virtual bench. I get to see stuff I wouldn't see at my local yard, and more often than I can even get to my local yard or mainline. So a stacked post of all the same dude or the same crew is like "enough already". I'd rather see a no-bias bench of what everybody catches in their area.
    The final argument against posting your own shit is simply that you look a little insecure doing it - you care a little too much what other people think. Except for somebody like Grey who will post something just to start a little controversy, most of the self-posting heads seem to be a little younger, a little newer to the game, anxious for quick recognition. If after five years in graff you're not painting mostly for your own enjoyment, your head's probably in the wrong place.

Cracked Ass - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  10. IN FLAMES

IN FLAMES 12oz Member

IN FLAMES - Replied Mar 5, 2003

Man jus don't post night fliks...... i hate that shit fa real yo.:idea:

IN FLAMES - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  11. mr_president

mr_president Banned

mr_president - Replied Mar 5, 2003

man i wish everyone would shut tha fuck up about self promo...

i think if youre wack and your self promoting your gay, but otherwise i dont give a fuck if you, your moms, your best friend, or some other bitch posts the picture as long as i get to see it.

who gives a fuck who posts it shit, im trying to see some pictures god damnit...

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

mr_president - Rank: Banned - Messages:
  12. railspike

railspike 12oz Senior Member

railspike - Replied Mar 5, 2003

you hate night flicks?? why ? theyre' not the dopest but still they are dope. I think they are cool they capture the moment i love fressshly done peices with cripy night flicks!
    If I knew how to post flicks I would Post my shit, no one else is going to do it, it seems everyone is quite political, do you think 12oz is a perfect representation of what is out there running??>>>>NO!

railspike - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  13. boogie hands

boogie hands 12oz Legend

boogie hands - Replied Mar 6, 2003

anyone who spends enought time in the yards knows whos up and whos not, regardless of this internet/graff zine bullshit....self promo is great and all but the trains dont lie.....

regardless, if your getting your panties in a bunch about it then you may want to look into other things like getting a girlfriend, a life, an education, etc.....have fun herbs.

boogie hands - Rank: 12oz Legend - Messages:
  14. boogie hands

boogie hands 12oz Legend

boogie hands - Replied Mar 6, 2003

P.S.

ill agree with this as well.....60% of the kids who post "what they see" are nothing more than nut riding morons....if you havent painted at every scribble jam/paint louis/under pressure and shown up in countless graff zines then your obviously not real and in no way worthy of wasting a photo on.....if people would photograph the peices that show talent instead of every peice of scrap can bullshit some "big name" writer puts up then mabey this board and these freight website would be more entertaining.....

boogie hands - Rank: 12oz Legend - Messages:
  15. angelofdeath

angelofdeath 12oz Elite Member

angelofdeath - Replied Mar 6, 2003

amen brotha.

angelofdeath - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages: