Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

how often do you change your name?

Discussion in 'Third Rail' started by promiscuous, Dec 4, 2004.

1. promiscuous

promiscuous Junior Member

2. BigJohnStudd

BigJohnStudd Junior Member

NEVER

3. Philip Hurt

Philip Hurt New Jack

every four months. then when statute of limitations have passed after a few years, i start the cycle again.

4. religion

religion Member

I have consistently for about five years changed my writing name. Never because I got caught under a name, but because I always come up with new shit I really like. My friends say its a waste of fame, time, and effort. I write for a selfless cause, so as long as I'm writing... with style, I enjoy it. It doesn't necesarly mean I ever stop with the previous names, It just means I have to put in alot more work. The people who know my style/me, know my names. As long as I contribute to overthrowing of advertising medias monopoly, I am just thrilled.

5. religion

religion Member

... Seeing little shit like "I'm rick James bitch!" and the ever so cliche "HJ + SL FOREVER" make me just as happy as seeing a writers tag. Empowerment of people through writen communication. Overlooked by too many. These people may never hit up again, and if they do, they probably will never write the same thing twice. Most "writers" are unaware of this yet still, they contribute to a public petition of distrust in media. I dig. My religion. The more people that see that they can have a voice and influence in public forum, the less people will be hurt by advertisings evil.

6. religion

religion Member

Make the above your signature and truley understand the power of graffiti. My word.

7. sTaTIoNMAzTAH

sTaTIoNMAzTAH New Jack

yer man i changed it after i leaft school in grade 10 becoz i used to write on my book and shit
    i reackoned they knew who it was so i had to change it after but u know its kinda cool to change every now and again
    its like takin a shower with some of that bath gel instead of soap hehehehe

[TKK/SM1]

8. Flavio

Flavio New Jack

NEVER

9. InfamousOne

InfamousOne Member

every full moon i change my name....hahaha.....

10. InDY_500

InDY_500 Veteran Member

When I first got into graff I changed it twice because I didnt like the way it came out...

11. fatlaces

fatlaces Member

lay off the shrooms.

12. Mike Panic

Mike Panic New Jack

13. test

test Junior Member

uhh... please explain this public petition of distrust in media? wtf does writing or getting up have to do with that? and advertising's evils? I see No connectino, pleease elaborate

14. InnerCityRebel

InnerCityRebel Veteran Member

changed my name twice.Once due to the fact i didn't really like my first name after a year or so.Then the second time a house got raided and i was the number one target.Luckily it wasn't my house.I have now had the same name for many years..

15. iloveboxcars

iloveboxcars 12oz Royalty

well, for awhile i changed my name around a bunch just so i got a better understanding for all the letters of the alphabet, not just the letters in my nickname. there are still acouple letters i have slight trouble with.. but i have a basic understanding, i suggest doing the same to anyone who's serious about it.