how often do you change your name?

promiscuous

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I have consistently for about five years changed my writing name. Never because I got caught under a name, but because I always come up with new shit I really like. My friends say its a waste of fame, time, and effort. I write for a selfless cause, so as long as I'm writing... with style, I enjoy it. It doesn't necesarly mean I ever stop with the previous names, It just means I have to put in alot more work. The people who know my style/me, know my names. As long as I contribute to overthrowing of advertising medias monopoly, I am just thrilled.

... Seeing little shit like "I'm rick James bitch!" and the ever so cliche "HJ + SL FOREVER" make me just as happy as seeing a writers tag. Empowerment of people through writen communication. Overlooked by too many. These people may never hit up again, and if they do, they probably will never write the same thing twice. Most "writers" are unaware of this yet still, they contribute to a public petition of distrust in media. I dig. My religion. The more people that see that they can have a voice and influence in public forum, the less people will be hurt by advertisings evil.

Originally posted by religion@Dec 5 2004, 03:32 AM

... Seeing little shit like "I'm rick James bitch!" and the ever so cliche "HJ + SL FOREVER" make me just as happy as seeing a writers tag. Empowerment of people through writen communication. Overlooked by too many. These people may never hit up again, and if they do, they probably will never write the same thing twice. Most "writers" are unaware of this yet still, they contribute to a public petition of distrust in media. I dig. My religion. The more people that see that they can have a voice and influence in public forum, the less people will be hurt by advertisings evil.

lay off the shrooms.

Originally posted by religion@Dec 4 2004, 09:32 PM

uhh... please explain this public petition of distrust in media? wtf does writing or getting up have to do with that? and advertising's evils? I see No connectino, pleease elaborate

well, for awhile i changed my name around a bunch just so i got a better understanding for all the letters of the alphabet, not just the letters in my nickname. there are still acouple letters i have slight trouble with.. but i have a basic understanding, i suggest doing the same to anyone who's serious about it.

depends on how hot shit gets naw mean yo...just liek dee udder day i hit up a cop car with the cop still in it..my boys was all yo moogy thats harsh yo some kid might want that toy cop car fo christmas yo..an i was all man fuck the piggys yo an fuck k.b toy store yo..making me wait in line fo my yugio cards an shit..i wants them now an shit yo...an my boys was all yo negrow yous hardcore..and then we went downstairs and bought some twizzlers.

but other than that once ever 4 years..

mogs niner//supertrooperpaperpoopertoyoner

Originally posted by religion@Dec 4 2004, 10:32 PM

so bassicly what i am getting out of this is, your more into the defacement of property qualities of graffiti.

the one timer type graff like you mentioned at the opening of your statement really annoys me. its like junk food (no substance) only it doesnt even have the sweet flava' that junk food has. its just no style, no substance waste of space.

this stuff doesnt provoke thought, carries no aim or direction, and has no bearing in any way within the terms "petition of media distrust" or "public forum". its even a larger stretch to think that graffiti like that has any effect on advertising bohemiths in any reguard what-so-ever.

dont get me wrong i am all about the empowerment of the indiviual but if you dont have anything to bring to the table then why even pull up a chair?!

to be honest, the general population is more hurt by graff than it is by product placement and advertising.

say mr. average joe just buys a house or starts a business in a seemingly nice area within the city... then writers come down the block and crush everything over and over again... to the average joe graff represents crime and civil unrest, even urban decay. so now the property value could drop over a period of time, people might not want to shop in that area for concern of safety, etc.

if an ad campaign rolls down that same block, to the average joe the effects will largely go unnoticed.

the only way you are going to save people from the evils of advertisers is to go over the advertisements themselves with your graff. know what i mean? ;)

Originally posted by geist@Dec 15 2004, 10:11 PM

Yo, so I'm being told there's another geist on the east coast - namely in pa or what have you that's caused a rucus in the past...anyone else know of this? May have to change the name a bit if that's the case - or do somethin else.

http://www.mrfangs.com or http://www.mr-fangs.com or something, totem does a ghost he calls the geist, thats the only one i know about...

Originally posted by geist@Dec 15 2004, 10:11 PM

Yo, so I'm being told there's another geist on the east coast - namely in pa or what have you that's caused a rucus in the past...anyone else know of this? May have to change the name a bit if that's the case - or do somethin else.

someone already writes geist in philly. did for a while i think too. this is an old pic.

GEIST.jpg

Originally posted by GamblersGrin+Dec 16 2004, 01:20 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GamblersGrin - Dec 16 2004, 01:20 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-geist@Dec 15 2004, 10:11 PM

someone already writes geist in philly. did for a while i think too. this is an old pic.

GEIST.jpg

[/b]

Doh! :twitch:

Thanks...guess it's Gest or something :burn: Any of these taken:

GEST, JEST, SHY, 2SHY, SHYGUY, SHYE, LYNX ?