how often do you change your name?

promiscuous

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

The best name ive seen in a minute is IM DEAD, i catch it on freights all the time. I dont know shit about him/her/whatever, but the names hot and i love the style too.

I love any name that would ruin a normal persons day. IM DEAD, USUCK etc..

As for changing a name, whatsup with that? this is the second board i visited today that has a thread like this. http://www.bombingscience.com has a similar thread. So take my advice-Just fuck off and change your name and quit being a tool.

Originally posted by geist+Dec 16 2004, 05:39 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (geist - Dec 16 2004, 05:39 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by GamblersGrin@Dec 16 2004, 01:20 PM

<!--QuoteBegin-geist@Dec 15 2004, 10:11 PM

Yo, so I'm being told there's another geist on the east coast - namely in pa or what have you that's caused a rucus in the past...anyone else know of this? May have to change the name a bit if that's the case - or do somethin else.

someone already writes geist in philly. did for a while i think too. this is an old pic.

GEIST.jpg

Doh! :twitch:

Thanks...guess it's Gest or something :burn: Any of these taken:

GEST, JEST, SHY, 2SHY, SHYGUY, SHYE, LYNX ?

[/b]

2shy? Shyguy?? R u lookin for a word to write or a fuckin user name for a singles chatroom?? ...Lol j/k bro but yeah...Im sure all those are taken for sure, but who the fuck cares. As long as u dont bite them and u make it obvious u r a different person I think beef over same names is retarded. The word aint rly important it's what u do with it.

... I belive that MOST advertising is "its like junk food (no substance) only it doesnt even have the sweet flava' that junk food has. its just no style, no substance waste of space." When it comes to speaking strictly money, of course the game changes. I'm saying that theres more substance and things to think about with said scrawls. How is an ad for Covergirl or BMW helping your neighborhood? The problem is the way people veiw text in their environment. The usual motivation for advertising is greed. The motivation for any hand written or sprayed message is the passing on of an actual human experience. I'm not here to really try and sway anyone, and I could sit up all night explaining my ideas on the unseen power of all graffiti, but first you have to "see" it for yourself, so to speak. I'm into the defacement of advertising yes. Everything, no. I love junk food too, but some times a shot of rye is a nice change. Most writers don't like non graff scribble, but its just my personal veiw. Whats the "aim, or direction" of most hip hop graffiti, "I can write my name better than yours" the petition is people, not just writers, allowing themselves the power of the corporate advertiser. Making their name, message, joke, image known selflessly. I think any thought in semi-good taste shared with the world, is a step ahead for people who can think for themselves. No of course it won't touch the advertising behemoths, but it will get in the minds of the public. I think if you are only in graffiti for the junk food, thats fine. Style is always good, but for me personally, there is a far bigger meal to be had beyond the sweets. Graffiti may cost a few bucks to clean up, but look at the way advertising has moraly bankrupt north america. The food banks got no food, while a new multi million dollar fast food campaign sweeps your neighborhood.

I certainly am not condoning disregard for private property, and anyone who's played the game for awhile knows the rules. I usually don't see the stupid scrawls I depicted on Mom+Pops chocolit shoppe either... in fact it's usually an inexperienced toy hip hop style writer. I would much rather see all of it in some crazy style, but I guess I'm just into the politics of advertising now.

So this is just my way of seeing graffiti. I respect anyone who writes with style more than I would joe blow vandal drunk with a can of flourecent orange an a fan tip. And I certainly wouldn't place them on the same level (sorry if thats what it sounded like earlier) I will however veiw somebodys motivation above their style though. The petition is just a personal way of looking at the way advertising trys to make their message one sided.To me, graffiti says "ok, I hear you, heres my message." This puts any writer above the general population, who only consumes, and never thinks for himself. And yes Rinse, I do know what you mean, and put in my work! :cool:

Ive used multiple names, and continue to do so depending on what type of work im putting out. If im doing instillations, Wheat pasting or stencils i have one name that i work under and for letter based painting i use something entierly diff, because the two body's of work i do differ quite a bit, and because im really not big on letter based imagery (for my own projects) i usually just do one off's and then leave it.

• 1 year later...

Archived