Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Has anybody ever

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by sarcasm, Jan 2, 2006.

1. sarcasm

sarcasm Elite Member

So, this all starting a little bit ago... i got sick and came down with a terrible cough.
    the cough stayed w/ me for a while, and progressively got worse. well anyway, as
    the days passed, i kept coughing, and on my bday, i was still coughing really bad.
    then all of a sudden, my ribs on the right side started to hurt like crazy. like a deep
    bruising or some shit. like some one took a bat and swung it at my ribs. anyway, from
    then on, every time i coughed, sneezed, yawned, took a deep breath or anything, my ribs
    would fucking hurt like crazy. i concluded w/ the help of my friends and my mom (a nurse)
    that i either bruised really bad or cracked a/some ribs. this isn't the first time i've heard
    of this happening from a cough. people cough so hard, and frequent, that it can crack a rib.
    and i think that's what happend to me.

now, it's been a week or two since the above story. my ribs have not fully recovered, and
    still feel pretty bad. well even though my ribs weren't fully recovered, they felt much better
    than before. anway, this morning i sneezed, and i felt/heard a crack come from the same
    area where my ribs hurt from before. now, i think i just re-cracked my ribs. now, the pain
    is even worse than before. b/c before i could just sit and mind my own business, and it would
    not bother me... until i provoked it (ie cough)... but now, it just hurts...so bad actually,
    when i sneeze, i almost fall on my knees. i can't talk for like 30 seconds, etc...it's bad

now, i know some ass is gonna say man up and stop bitching... so yeah i hear you, but go
    crack a rib, and see how it feels. i'm just wondering if anybody has gone through this,
    and could give me some pointers. i've already looked up any info on the net, and talked to
    my mom (nurse), and there isn't much i can do but just wait it out until it heals by itself...

ugh..

anyway, now i'm sitting here wearing a back brace pulled up high around my chest to help
    support my ribs. and mind u, it looks like i'm wearing a tube top...dont' exactly have the
    chest for it though...keeps slipping down....

anyway, discuss if anything remotely related has happend to you. thanks you, and happy
    new year

-sars

2. CACashRefund

CACashRefund 12oz Loyalist

good luck with that man

i kinda felt a pain in my ribs as i was reading this

3. ^ . ^

^ . ^ Dirty Dozen Crew

if it was cracked you'd be having some major problems breathing.. you should still go get xrayed.

4. Neskoner

Neskoner New Jack

ive had rib pains before..but nothing extreme..

5. John Birch

John Birch Member

umm, did you ever think of going to a doctor?

thats what I would do...and if you had a bad cough, you should've taken robitussin dm...that helps wicked bad coughs...

but I will say, I've had a bad cough for the last month, and it hasn't hurt my ribs, but all my innards hurt, like my liver and my chest/heart hurts...

6. Abracadabra

Abracadabra Dirty Dozen Crew

i have cracked a rib before and it fuckin hurt. i sympathise

7. -40 trooper

-40 trooper Guest

8. sarcasm

sarcasm Elite Member

of course i've thought about going to the doctor, but the only thing the doctor would do would take an x-ray, and tell me to take some advil to kill the pain, and wait for my ribs to heal....b/c there really isn't anything a person can do

ehhhhhhhhhhhhhh

9. mackfatsoe

mackfatsoe Veteran Member

Maybe he'd give you pills.

10. CACashRefund

CACashRefund 12oz Loyalist

i must have read that shit too fast cause i was under the impresion that you did go to a doctor, i assumed thats why you go that brace

man, just go to a doctor

he might tell you that youre seriously injured

11. Jackson

Jackson Veteran Member

NO, but I have done some intercostal muscles before, shit was udd painfull. Every time you laugh it hurts, I developed this really shallow tiny laugh.

12. cloner

cloner Senior Member

ive broken a few ribs in my day..i usually just think its pain for a day or so, but then you can notice it when you take breaths, just be careful and rest it up.

13. MOOGLE?

MOOGLE? 12oz Loyalist

got stomped by skinheads a long ass time ago..
    shit hurts alot.. i would say go get an x-ray just to make sure.. and dont be like my dumbass and not go..ribs tend to heal funny .
    its been 9 years and i still get sharp pains when i slleep/lay on my side for too long.

14. sarcasm

sarcasm Elite Member

damn are you serious? my mom asked me if i wanted to go to the emergency room, but i declined.... hmm i'm not all about having funny looking ribs

15. RubbeRBand

RubbeRBand Member

It is probably just a pulled/bruised muscle. I have the same thing, but under different circumstances