Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Graffiti Grapher

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Joker, Dec 8, 2004.

1. Joker

Joker Dirty Dozen Crew

2. Joker

Joker Dirty Dozen Crew

3. <KEY3>

<KEY3> Veteran Member

please believe I was going to do a direct copy of a joker simple.....
    but my eyes hurt and I need to go home. nice find though.

I've always been one to ramble on about the math behind it
    and how 'line logic' is a very simple formula. if a 't' has an intersection
    and both lines have a slight curve, then that curve must work in the overlapped area too.

but yeah.... I ramble about this all the time.

4. Poop Man Bob

Poop Man Bob Dirty Dozen Crew

Holy shit I hate math. Although that is pretty cool.

5. sarcasm

sarcasm Elite Member

dude, polar coordinates, cartesian coords. this can def. help me remember shit for my final. thank you joker

6. duh-rye-won

duh-rye-won Member

anybody want to get down with my new crew, CCK, (courtesian coordinate killaz)?

all you have to do is tell me the square root of rykers island divided by fractal geometric pattern of my nuts!

*hint- my nuts are HUGE

7. LaCosaNostra

LaCosaNostra Senior Member

:chicken:

8. lil'moco

lil'moco Junior Member

ha, that's awesome J. During my Geometry class last semester I always thought about doing a piece or themed production using algebraic and geometric formulas to define the letters. That site got bookmarked.

9. Grimes

Grimes Veteran Member

thats tight,learn shit everyday

10. decu goldyn1

decu goldyn1 Senior Member

hmm interesting
    although i still believe its some kind of trick to make me learn math

11. iloveboxcars

iloveboxcars 12oz Royalty

it still confuses me as to how i have to set it up. i thought if i moved onto the next shape the grey area would be locked. but i guess you have to close off every side. when i have more time i'll be getting into this.

fun stuff.

12. Brewster Baker

Brewster Baker 12oz Loyalist

:lol:

13. Zack Morris

Zack Morris Veteran Member

that is fucking GEEK-TASTIC!!!...nice find with that one joker.

14. ledzep

ledzep Junior Member

I spent like 2 hours playing around with that shit.

15. !@#$%

!@#$% Moderator Crew

math is also now being used to test paintings to see who did them or whether they're fakes..

Want to be able to tell a real work of art from a forgery? Do the maths
    By Steve Connor Science Editor
    23 November 2004

Scientists have created a computer that can tell the mathematical difference between a genuine work of art and a forgery by analysing features invisible to the human eye, paving the way to a new method of art fraud detection

http://news.independent.co.uk/world/scienc...sp?story=585770
    "We have been able to mathematically capture subtle characteristics of an artist that are not necessarily visible to the human eye," he said. "We expect this technique, in collaboration with existing physical authentication, to play an important role in the field of art authentication. Similar methods have been used to analyse works of literature.
    "We can find things in art work that are unique to the artist, such as the subtle choice of words or phrasing and cadence that are characteristic of a certain writer."
    Scientists had to program the computer with an artist's personal style of painting or drawing using digital images of masterpieces known to be the work of the same painter. The machine was then able to decide whether a new work it subsequently analysed was likely to be a forgery.
    Professor Farid and his colleagues analysed 13 drawings that had been attributed - at least at some time - to the Flemish artist Pieter Bruegel the Elder. The computer successfully distinguished between eight of the paintings known to be by the artist and five famous imitations by contemporary artists, including some by artists who intended to commit a forgery.