Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

God?

Discussion in 'News' started by bobthebuilder, Jan 11, 2005.

1. bobthebuilder

bobthebuilder Member

First off I want to say that I was baptized and I was quite religious till about 13 when I started noticing things.

I for one think if God exists he is evil.. He created everything and has the power to do anything he wants, yet he lets little children die from hunger. He lets wars continue wiping out millions over the years.

Ive also prooved to myself that praying doesnt work and I have proof. People have been praying for world peace since the beginning of time, yet there was never world peace. EVER.

Lay your thoughts...dont flame others opinions of God and what not.

2. dniice

dniice Junior Member

3. TPSR?

TPSR? New Jack

This is going to be interesting..
    Maybe it's only my view, but whatever 'god' is, he/she/it is a creator for all things.. To put blame on someone other than man himself for man's destructive nature(or inherant bellicosity if you will), is utterly laughable.. Men fear what they don't understand, and when people get scared they'll do anything to get that control back.. This goes for money, land and religion..
    How many wars have been started without these three things playing a part in it?

4. bobthebuilder

bobthebuilder Member

I never said that its God fault.. I said he has the power to stop it and he doesnt.. Nice prespective..keep em comin people

5. Mr. Chad

Mr. Chad Member

he wasnt blaming all the fucked up stuff on god. He was saying if what we learn in our schools is true about God then he is evil and plays a big role in what goes on in the world. If there is a God he should step in and save some innocent people

I personaly dont think he exists or what we think we know about him is wrong.

6. Æ°

Æ° Senior Member

If someone brings up some valid points that make you question your own beliefs, are you going to ask the mods to close the thread again?

7. Mr. Chad

Mr. Chad Member

he wasnt blaming all the fucked up stuff on god. He was saying if what we learn in our schools is true about God then he is evil and plays a big role in what goes on in the world. If there is a God he should step in and save some innocent people. If there is a God why doesnt he tame the human Beast. If there is a God why would he let these terrible wars go on in his name? And I think religion is fucked up because theres so much violence, controversy, disagreemen, and segragation [not necassarily racial segregatio] because of Religion and i think we would be better off without it.

I personaly dont think he exists or at least what we think we know about him is wrong.

8. robJ

robJ Member

[​IMG]
    THIS IS YOUR GOD

9. haunts

haunts Member

but if its gods job to step in and save the world from everyones issues that does fucked up stuff wouldnt that completely override freewill?
    and if there is such a thing as karma and reincarnation think about how good those folks are going to have it in their next life. theres alot of people that live in israel that vividly remember being held and murdered in concentration camps by the nazis in their "past life", if this is true and not just thousands of people having mental issues i guess that would prove that the torture and torment doesnt last forever. what if its some kind of retribution for something they have done in the past or that they will do in future lifetimes. no matter where you live in the world there are problems. in some places its starvation and others aids, some places its oppression and others
    tsunamis. its also kinda difficult to talk about god when the world is completely divided by who or what god actually is. i guess the only thing that all the world religions can agree on right now is that this is the end of the world so maybe that explains all the crap that going on right now, or maybe the end of the world just signifies the end of existence as we know it in a materialist based society and we really are ushering in the era of christ conciousness. if thats the case maybe we really are in store for alot more of this crap over the next 1-200 years until most of the population of the world has been deseeded and its small enough to take a revolution in conciousness like that and make it stick. now wouldnt that be fucked up if that was gods plan...to kill everyone in order to make everybody whos left superhumans. i dont know man, gods intense stuff. i think that its impossible for any one religion to coin god as what god actually is. i think every religion has a piece of the puzzle and its up to us as individuals to figure out what god means to us. and whatever that happens to be in our minds to try to find a good solid relationship with it.

10. bobthebuilder

bobthebuilder Member

Dont fuck the post up with stupid bullshit..

11. robJ

robJ Member

thats my opinion asshole,,now buzz off

12. !@#$%

[email protected]#$% Moderator Crew

what God?

seriously.
    if humankind has a God, it's Mother Nature.

but i guess people need something higher themselves to look to...and stuff.

13. heavyLox

heavyLox Veteran Member

i look up at him.

14. Æ°

Æ° Senior Member

I think god is misunderstood.

That's as simple as I can put it.

15. GEEB

GEEB Senior Member

If you read the bible it clearly states that god lets the world run its own course until god decides its time to step in, thats how we sort out whos going to heaven and whos going to my house for coffee and muffins.

Like my gif?