Free Mumia Abu-Jamal

OptimusPrime

http://awol.objector.org/graphics/mumia2.jpg'>

LEGAL UPDATE

Pennsylvania Court rules against MUMIA!

On October 8, 2003, the Pennsylvania Supreme Court ruled against Mumia Abu-Jamal's appeal. Citing the "untimeliness" of the evidence proving Mumia's innocence, with a single exception, the court refused to consider the confession of Arnold Beverly that he, not Mumia Abu-Jamal, murdered police officer Daniel Faulkner on December 9, 1981.

In rejecting the Beverly confession the court cited the infamous 2001 decision of Federal District Judge William H. Yohn in Mumia's case, that "innocence is no defense."

The Pennsylvania Supreme Court also dismissed the testimony of Philadelphia court stenographer, Terri Maurer Carter who overheard Mumia's original trial judge, Albert Sabo, state in relation to Mumia's case, "Yeah, and I'm going to help 'em fry the nigger." Despite the court's agreement that this evidence WAS submitted in a timely manner, it was disregarded because the issue of Judge Sabo's racist bias against Mumia, according to the Pennsylvania Supreme Court, had been previously raised and rejected. The NEW evidence proving Sabo's racist bias was deemed to be a "reopening" of previous litigation.

Mumia's case will now be returned to the federal courts which had placed it on hold pending the Pennsylvania Supreme Court's decision.

The recent decision of the U.S. Supreme Court to review the Mills decision death penalty case is ominous. The court could modify Mills to retroactively allow for Mumia's life sentence to be reversed thereby reinstituting the decision to take his life by lethal injection.

In an additional miscarriage of justice, one of the Supreme Court justices, Ronald Castille refused to recuse himself despite a request from the defense to do so. Castille was one of the original Philadelphia prosecutors in Mumia's case.

This October 8 decision by The Pennsylvania Supreme Court ruled against Mumia's habeas corpus appeal. They affirmed the PCRA (Post Conviction Relief Act) Court "...properly concluded it was without jurisdiction to address the merits of his [Mumia's] claims, and dismissal without a hearing was appropriate" and that "...the appellant is not entitled to habeas corpus relief..."

This means that we (everyone!!) now need to push ahead forcefully on the federal level AND IN THE STREETS!

MICHAEL MOORE: SUBSTANTIATE YOUR CLAIMS!

===========================================

"I did not shoot Police Officer Daniel Faulkner. I had nothing to do with the killing of Officer Faulkner. I am innocent." – Sworn Statement, Mumia Abu-Jamal

The International Concerned Family and Friends of Mumia Abu-Jamal demands that Michael Moore publicly substantiate and factually back-up his conclusion of the "probable" guilt of Mumia Abu-Jamal in his latest book, "Dude, Where's My Country?" We are very much aware that Moore will be heavily promoting this book nationally and internationally, a book which calls into question the innocence of Mumia Abu-Jamal right in the midst of extremely intensified court pressures, and so it is critical that this issue be dealt with in a public forum as urgently as possible.

ICFFMAJ challenges Michael Moore to appear in public forums already slated for November 1 and/or December 9, or any other date or time of his choosing, to address his widely-publicized claim of Mumia's guilt in this case. The Oscar-winning filmmaker will certainly be invited to more media venues than ever before to answer questions and debate many charges he has made within this latest publication. ICFFMAJ will accept no less than the same and wants a date to be set immediately for Michael Moore to publicly explain, clarify, and substantiate the following excerpt from his new book:

"Mumia [the campaigning Pennsylvania journalist who was sentenced for the shooting of a police officer and has been on death row since 1982] probably killed that guy. There, I said it. That does not mean he should be denied a fair trial or that he should be put to death. But because we don't want to see him or anyone executed, the efforts to defend him may have overlooked the fact that he did indeed kill that cop. This takes nothing away from the eloquence of his writings or commentary, or the important place he now holds on the international political stage. But he probably did kill that guy."

We very certainly must be contacted by Michael Moore and/or his representatives without delay to publicly address this very important matter. ICFFMAJ is fighting hard to bring evidence to the forefront that has been surpressed for 20+ years in this case and cannot and will not allow claims such as this to go unchallenged.

International Concerned Family & Friends of MAJ

P.O. Box 19709

Philadelphia, PA 19143

Phone - 215-476-8812/ Fax - 215-476-6180

Contact Philadelphia Mayor John Street and tell him to let the evidence be heard:

Mayor John Street

Room 215 City Hall

Philadelphia, PA 19107

Call his office every day:215-686-3000

Fax your letters to his office: 215-686-2180

For the latest info you must call the ICFFMAJ office at 215-476-8812 / 215-476-5416 or go to www.mumia.org

Time has run out!

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Seventy seven benevolent elephants

Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers.

A peck of pickled peppers Peter Piper picked.

If Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers,

Where's the peck of pickled peppers Peter Piper picked?

There was a fisherman named Fisher

who fished for some fish in a fissure.

Till a fish with a grin,

pulled the fisherman in.

Now they're fishing the fissure for Fisher.

Originally posted by gasfacevictm

dude might have done it.

it's a fashionable cause as far as i'm concerned.

cause of the moment.

Seriously, does this motherfucker need any more goddamned people to help free him? I think every retardedly liberal college student in the country has this one covered.

Someone at my high school was wearing a "FREE THE WEST MEMPHIS THREE" shirt today. I went up to him and said "I never took you for an activist type."

"What, why am I an activist type"

"Well, for starters there's your shirt..."

"Oh yeah, I didn't know what this was until someone told me earlier today."

"..."

• 4 months later...

Friday, Feb. 11th 2005.

IMMORTAL TECHNIQUE HITS PHILLY FOR A BENEFIT SHOW

(Earlier in the day at 10AM there will be preparations for a march in Philadelphia for Mumia meeting at the venue for the show early, March starts at the American Friends Center and goes down to the Criminal Justice Center...13 th Philbert Street.)

Doors Open the American Friends Cen. for Teach-in Seminars updating on Mumia's case. from 1:30 to 5PM Revolving around new evidence in the case...

Then that night...

Hip Hop / Spoken Word Benefit Event for Mumia. A day of March, an afternoon of legal lessons and an evening of uncensored raw Hip Hop and powerful spoken.

(Food vendors will be there.Refreshments available.)

Immortal Technique (featuring Akir)

Ursula Rucker

A Messiah Soul

Seeds of Wisdom

Venue:

American Friends Center

1501 Cherry Street (Corner of 15th & Cherry)

Philadelphia Pennsylvania.

Show time.

7PM - 10PM

(Suggested admission is only $8 and will go directly to the Legal Fund for Mumia)

For more infomation

a guy puts out a few shitty spoken word albums (or whatever those things were), exploits everyones white guilt and all of a sudden it becomes a cause. give me a fucking break...it was tiresome back in the 90's...i cant even explain to you how pathetic it looks now.

give the attention to someone who deserves it....

Originally posted by boogie hands@Feb 8 2005, 12:31 PM

a guy puts out a few shitty spoken word albums (or whatever those things were), exploits everyones white guilt and all of a sudden it becomes a cause. give me a fucking break...it was tiresome back in the 90's...i cant even explain to you how pathetic it looks now.

give the attention to someone who deserves it....

i agree. screaming "free mumia" was just a fad and was played out, or so I thought until i seen this thread. half the people screaming free mumia knew nothing about him or the case itself. half the people screaming free mumia were white guys that wanted to raise their street credibility and rebel status.

Archived