Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

free crack pipes!

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by spectr, Oct 31, 2004.

1. spectr

spectr Guest

In the name of harm reduction, the Vancouver Area Network of Drug Users has handed out 300 free crack-pipe kits to addicts.

Yesterday, president Rob Morgan vowed to distribute hundreds more.

"The [public] reaction has been pretty good," said Morgan. "There is definitely a need out there for this and we're just getting started."

Each of the 500 pipe kits contains a glass crack pipe, mouthpiece, push stick, draw screens, matches, alcohol swabs, Vaseline, bandages, a condom and smoking instructions.

Morgan said the idea behind the kits is to give Vancouver's estimated 2,000 crack addicts a safe and clean way to use their drug of choice and to prevent the spread of diseases like hepatitis C and HIV.

The kits are free. Users are asked to make a $1 donation where possible to help cover costs. "That helps keep the supply going," Morgan said. "It's all by donation."

The network has asked the Vancouver Coastal Health Authority for funding, but it won't commit any money until a study of the crack-kit giveaway is completed.

Morgan said similar programs in Ottawa and Winnipeg have recently been given funding.

Critics of the program contend it should not be funded with public money because it condones illegal drug use. The network has been lobbying for a crack-smoking room in Vancouver's safe injection site -- a plan backed by Mayor Larry Campbell -- but some groups, including the police union, are against it.

The one-year-old site's room was recently fitted with a heavy ventilation fan but awaits approval from Health Canada before it can be used.

http://www.canada.com/vancouver/story.html...95-3efe8b204a96

ok now these come with instructions on how to smoke crack, fuck these people are crackheads they know how to smoke it, and a crack smoking room, wow talk about great ideas. :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

2. Cracksmoka

Cracksmoka Elite Member

3. PUMPKIN ESCOBAR

PUMPKIN ESCOBAR Senior Member

4. Overtime

Overtime Dirty Dozen Crew

we used to do this with heroin addicts at work, but we stopped when we realized that, hey, if they get aids, they gonna die, then we wont have to deal with them at all

5. Dr. Dazzle

Dr. Dazzle Veteran Member

So what's your solution smart guy?

6. Brewster Baker

Brewster Baker 12oz Loyalist

the worst part is Vancouver has a safe injection site were junkies can go and shoot heorin, in a nice warm dry safe spot... why wouldnt the have police there to arrest them...

7. Da Moaner

Da Moaner Junior Member

8. T.T Boy

T.T Boy Dirty Dozen Crew

what do you suppose we do about crackheads? get them off? cause that works so well. the folks in the des arent cleaning up soon. lets just try and prevent disease and death as much as we can. i think its safe to say we lost the war on drugs in 1992. unless those ads on arcade games really do work, just take 15 years.

its more expensive for the state to arrest someone, feed them, and lock them up, rather than to control it and make it safe. besides, theres just as much skag and crack in jail anyways. i think they should supply the junkies with a controlled amount of heroin, holland has implicated this and the crime rate dropped significantly. i think some other european countries have done the same? offer them treatment if they want it as well.

9. decu goldyn1

decu goldyn1 Senior Member

funny someone mentioned something about the police arresting them
    i don't know what's going on in canada but i was watching dateline on saturday and they had a special about hookers in vancouver - anywho there were a lot of people smoking crack right in front of the precinct and hooking
    odd

10. decu goldyn1

decu goldyn1 Senior Member

my mistake double post

11. T.T Boy

T.T Boy Dirty Dozen Crew

main and hastings most useless police station ever.

12. spectr

spectr Guest

ok i comepletly agree with a bunch of your points but you missed the biggest point here these people are crackheads, maybe they dont have crackheads where you come from but if they do trust me you know what i mean, shit ok now i found humor in the fact that they give directions with the crack pipes on how to smoke crack, and seriously do you really think a room where crackheads can go and smoke crack is a good idea? shit you dont want these fuckers in larger numbers then they already are, fuck i know i wouldnt want to be the person who is working the front desk when the 30 crackheads run out of rock :yuck: ok now as far as a controlled amount of the drug goes, yeah sure, and i think they should offer treatment programs, and decriminalize all drugs, but it aint going to happen anytime soon, well at least not in this part of the world.

13. fatalist

fatalist Dirty Dozen Crew

fucking amazing....

14. Brewster Baker

Brewster Baker 12oz Loyalist

shit I lived in the most drug infested hood in north america a little place we call the des, and t.t boy has been there so he knows all about crackheads

15. Fondles

Fondles Veteran Member

Estimated 2,000 crackheads in Vancouver. Unbelievable. We have round 10,000 in my little city in Florida. This show i'm watching just now said cracked up.