1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

basically, HELP ME

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by MrJackDaniels, Sep 30, 2005.

1. MrJackDaniels

MrJackDaniels 12oz Member

basically, HELP ME

Discussion started by MrJackDaniels - Sep 30, 2005

right guys and gals, i need help majorly. this may well be a long story but it all needs to be told and i need ADVICE.

the background info:

i live in a house with 7 others. there are 4 boys and 4 girls. one of the girls, lets call her jane, has developed what we think could be schizophrenia recently.

jane, as i know her, has always been a hectic person. hectic in terms of being busy (and thus stressing out).

this summer, the house has only been half full - 3 guys (me inc.) and her. its been a pretty chilled out summer - we spent a lot of it smoking weed and watching tv.

a couple of weeks ago, jane went on holiday with her mates from back home. and after she got back (ie. 2 days later) it was her birthday (she went raving and took over 2g's of coke.) now please bear in mind that she has a history of being a bit fucked up and turning to drugs. her parents slipt when she was a teen and she turned to drugs as a way to sort it. this could be part of the problem.

whats happened recently:

she went home for a day or two and then the next thing we know as a house (again, bear in mind we all love her to bits) she comes running in shouting at me to close the window because "we are being spied on by The Sun ( a tabloid news paper here in the UK). she thought she was being watched on the train and being photo'ed. i really dont want to go into that big a detail because i dont understand it. but all the classic signs of schizophrenia are there. she's been talking about how the government is sending her texts saying the world is going to be bombed etc.

she has spent the last 2 days wigging out. im shook, along with the rest of the house. i havent a fucking scooby do about how to deal with a peson out of their mind. she has freely admitted that there are voices in her head telling her to "sort her life out".

i came home from work tonight to find her mumbling something about the numbers being wrong.

she's been to a doctors today (im leaving out the details of her going AWOL and randomly turning up in certain places after following her "guardian angel" (some random one night stand a next housemate had). we've been given phone numbers of people who will come get her if she skats out. thats scary enough as it is.

(as i type)

its half 2 in the morning and she has come down stairs screwing about some random trip to australia for 3 days with a "james"....

what the fucking fuck???

basically what i need to know off you lot is what the flying fuck can we do as her mates?

im scared as fuck.
    help, please.

(im gonna email kabar a link to this as he seems to know his stuff)

MrJackDaniels - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  2. ODS-1

ODS-1 12oz Elite Member

ODS-1 - Replied Sep 30, 2005

Wow. That is fucked up. I honestly wish I could give some worthwhile advice.

ODS-1 - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  3. Gunm

Gunm Banned

Gunm - Replied Sep 30, 2005

Do not get involved.

I repeat.....

DO NOT GET INVOLVED

the second you do...this crazy chick is going to latch onto you with a deathgrip and drag you into the pool of quicksand that is her life

harsh but i speak from past experience......let this one go

Gunm - Rank: Banned - Messages:
  4. MrJackDaniels

MrJackDaniels - Replied Sep 30, 2005

i cant not get involved.
    she is my mate, i have "history" with her (Althougth nothing serious) and our whole household has been thrown into turnmoil. we are all students and start our new years on monday so this is really not the best of times whatsoever.

i dont want to be mean or horrible, but apparntly (according two the other girls in the house) is the fact that a lot of weeds is or was smoked by her and it has flipped her. if she wants help surely she needs to stop the drug taking.

this house is not the best house for that to happen.

why wont anyone agree with me?

5. MrJackDaniels

for once i am totally stumped on anything i can do.

i really havent a fucking clue..

im almost in tears because i cant think of a way i know helps

6. Dick Quickwood

Dick Quickwood 12oz Loyalist

Dick Quickwood - Replied Sep 30, 2005

make up stories that corroborate her delusions. two men in black coats were asking for her, there's been a suspicious van parked outside, etc. it may not sound like traditional medical advide or rational, but you have to think outside the box to make a great dscovery.

Dick Quickwood - Rank: 12oz Loyalist - Messages:
  7. Gunm

Gunm Banned

I am Topiko

8. villain

villain 12oz Veteran Member

villain - Replied Sep 30, 2005

Definately kabar is more qualified than I to speak on such matters but here is my advice...
    Tell her family what the fuck is up. More than likely they will want her institutionalized. If not, get her institutionalized somehow anyways, she needs some professional help and a safe place to sort through her head and clean out her system. I don't know if you can talk her into doing this or what.... but do something.

*If you have to, tell her she'll be safe from "them" if she goes to the hospital.... Which, technically she will be.

villain - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  9. MrChupacabra

MrChupacabra 12oz Loyalist

MrChupacabra - Replied Sep 30, 2005

The fact that she went to the doctor is a big step in the right direction. If i had to guess, there isn't a whole lot you can do for her except just be there to try to keep her as calm as possible. Just talk to her, try to console her when shes getting really wigged out. Other than that, make sure shes going to a doctor/psych and getting soome professional help, because it sounds like she really needs it. Just keep being there for her.

MrChupacabra - Rank: 12oz Loyalist - Messages:
  10. odoil

odoil 12oz Junior Member

odoil - Replied Sep 30, 2005

tell her to smoke alittle more weed and lay off the hard drugs

odoil - Rank: 12oz Junior Member - Messages:
  11. Gunm

Gunm Banned

We don't agree because most of us older heads have dealt with too many psycho girls in our time.

Our natural reaction at this point is to kick the girl to the curb.

12. MrChupacabra

MrChupacabra 12oz Loyalist

MrChupacabra - Replied Sep 30, 2005

There's quite a serious difference between a crazy girl/girlfriend and a girl who has schizophrenia or another serious mental problem. Like i said, if shes aware that she needs help and is going on her own, thats great, but if she isn't going to get help on her own, get some for her.

MrChupacabra - Rank: 12oz Loyalist - Messages:
  13. FunTimePartyTeam

FunTimePartyTeam 12oz Senior Member

FunTimePartyTeam - Replied Sep 30, 2005

Damn, I only wish i could help. I only hope the best for you (and her), knowing that I cant give you any advise that would be good enough.

FunTimePartyTeam - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  14. MrJackDaniels

her parents know.
    they came down today to try and help.

its just so scary to see some one wigging out about really really wierd things (we've found a few common themes, mainly making money and also Indians being knowledgeable).

im scared.

the doctor said that we should try and relate what she says in her random modes back to something normal, but this seems to be impossible.

and, alow the stupid comments. this is serious.
    i remeber reading a story in the paper about how cannabis can bring out mental problems. it happens to one in ten people i think...i just never thought id be this close to it...

(im not worried about my smoking habits though....)

15. theGOON

theGOON 12oz Member

theGOON - Replied Sep 30, 2005

i've had a couple friends w/ similar schizo/paranoia issues. there was a clinic back home that was helpful for that, i just tried to be a friend... i don't have anything more than that, sorry... best of luck

theGOON - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages: