Starting a brand....yea yea yea I know

glorydays

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
54 minutes ago, LUGR said:

@glorydaysComfort Colors are great quality. I have 3 or 4 of them and the L is the best fitting shirt I have owned. I normally wear XL in Gilden.

Comfort Colors was a top contender for me. the only turn off is that it's made in hoduras

US Blanks is very promising cuz it has the cut of the Champion tees i wear at home, and US blanks are made here in the US (obviously)

I'm looking for a boxy cut tee, that's all

It follows (and i hate to say this) the trend today of over-sized shit, which i like.

So any customers looking for a genuine theme on a shape tee shirt they are looking for? I know they're gonna pay for it

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, mr.yuck said:

You sound like you are on a mission brother. Im really interested to see how all of this turns out.

I have a feeling that if i stick to it something is gonna happen

I have a clear theme and identity that i want my brand to have

basically merch for a non-existant retirement home LMAO

I'm asking @cruzxctrlif he would be able to do a look book shoot when the time comes

• Props 2

So my artist and I are now in agreement with what to do next.

I made a list of all the graphics I want to do in the coming months and I'm checking off that list as I assign them to my artist

I'm doing 1 of the tee shirt graphics next and the deck graphic

I know what you guys are saying, "why the fuck would you want to do the deck graphic first?"

Well, ballbags, the skate decks take fucking 6 to 10 months. FUCKING MONTHS LMAO

fuck that noise, so i thought, as soon as i get them done, then they'll be ready by the time i think i have enough product to launch

Edited by glorydays
  • Like 2

Noah gave me an idea from last year

this cardigan was one of the inspirations for me starting all this

I want to do a cardigan in jersey terry cloth

Not wool but a terry fabric that allows the wearer to just thrash it

so a cardigan that looks good but allows kids to wear it without looking pretentious 

Noah Fw19 Rugby Cardigan | Grailed

• Props 1

another thing that i've noticed that the "cool" kids are wearing

and i see this fucking color on my instagram feed all the fucking time

CREAM or OFF WHITE (the color not the brand)

another colorway is OATMEAL

I think this is one colorway that I'm going to have to use so that these assholes can buy it LMAO

I'm partly joking cuz i FUCKING LOVE making my own clothes

but i have to cater to some of these hipsters

JJJJOUND

JJJJ_70_OATMEAL_01_logo_1024x1024.jpg?v=1552065867

SPORTY AND RICH

D2200015_1000x.jpg?v=1588465647

SPIRIT AND SIN

image_f657d012-d56f-421c-aa99-230612b6b4a6_1512x.jpg?v=1599616613

Edited by glorydays

On 10/24/2020 at 1:34 PM, glorydays said:

I think i found the ONE

This tee has the proportions i want and i dont have to fuck with the sizing

I'm going with white only tees since i want to test drive this thing before fully going into redline

What i like about this tee is that it is relatively cheap, made in the US, and has the height to width ratio that I'm looking for without having to go with champion

1317773155_Screenshot2020-10-24123120.thumb.png.5baa657b9077253073e9e839645c5c17.png

779866864_Screenshot2020-10-24123142.thumb.png.16632097d2f8f42d7791aa87e579a63e.png

Us Blanks US3210 Mens Vintage Fit Heavyweight Cotton T-Shirt

Blanks are literally the biggest pain in the ass ever. So much harder than anyone would ever think... Assuming you can find the cut you like, good luck finding the weight. Assuming you might be able to find a balance of the two, good luck finding one that wears well. Then assuming you compromise some more on all that, good luck finding a suitable variation with color pallet. Then most likely, it has shitty distribution, if any, so you're going to pay out the ass and then get painted into a corner when they inevitably get back ordered when you need it the most cause they're a small brand with shitty organization.

So yeah, have yet to find a blank I really like and have changed my mind a dozen times before just settling back on the same blank I've been using and being totally unhappy with it.

• Truth 1

1 minute ago, misteraven said:

Blanks are literally the biggest pain in the ass ever. So much harder than anyone would ever think... Assuming you can find the cut you like, good luck finding the weight. Assuming you might be able to find a balance of the two, good luck finding one that wears well. Then assuming you compromise some more on all that, good luck finding a suitable variation with color pallet. Then most likely, it has shitty distribution, if any, so you're going to pay out the ass and then get painted into a corner when they inevitably get back ordered when you need it the most cause they're a small brand with shitty organization.

So yeah, have yet to find a blank I really like and have changed my mind a dozen times before just settling back on the same blank I've been using and being totally unhappy with it.

Do you care where the blank is made?

Cuz I know you use american made only.

I'm trying to keep it made in the US as well as slightly higher quality

And i'm with you...calling these resellers about their stock is like kicking yourself in the balls

Karim as an inspiration

Yes, I'm going to be using this thread as a mood board also

this is the fit of the tee i'm trying to use

This is a very old pic

I'm very VERY sure that Palace, being in europe, used Rue Porter as their blanks when they first started

I have Palace tees from 2013 that are boxy as fuck

_SAM6983.thumb.jpg.3fa3f0f0590c63445d8e800501e10de8.jpg

Edited by glorydays

36 minutes ago, misteraven said:

So basically what I am taking away from this, is if someone has the money, resources, and expertise, the best way to find exactly what one is looking for is to manufacture (cut & sew) their own.   

The reason I say this, is because it seems to be one of those things that can easily make one think the industry does this to keep the competition away or at least a tough time to start up.

But anyhow, I do like what you're saying, because I find this same scenario in multiple industries I have com across looking for material or to at least quote a job.     

• Truth 1

On 10/24/2020 at 4:29 PM, glorydays said:

got in contact with one wholesale deck warehouse

they gave me a template to fuck with

they gave me two kinds...i think im gonna use the other one, which is photoshop friendly

skateboard-template-popsicle.png (1275×1650) | Template design, Templates,  Skateboard

Keep us posted on this.  I would def buy a deck from you.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ndv said:

So basically what I am taking away from this, is if someone has the money, resources, and expertise, the best way to find exactly what one is looking for is to manufacture (cut & sew) their own.   

The reason I say this, is because it seems to be one of those things that can easily make one think the industry does this to keep the competition away or at least a tough time to start up.

But anyhow, I do like what you're saying, because I find this same scenario in multiple industries I have com across looking for material or to at least quote a job.     

Broooo...you read my mind

I was considering also to just make a cut and sew tee from a material i want with the shape i want

fuuuuck....if anyone can help me research that that would be amazing

But yea, I'm gonna try to see if i can do this also

Born X Raised cut their own tees

I gotta research about this...the garment district in LA is pretty good

3 minutes ago, ndv said:

Keep us posted on this.  I would def buy a deck from you.

Thank you very much broski

The graphic will be my character standing straight for the entire length of the board with the brand name on the tail as if he's standing on the brand name

You'll like it when i get the graphic back from my artist

• Props 1

40 minutes ago, glorydays said:

Broooo...you read my mind

I was considering also to just make a cut and sew tee from a material i want with the shape i want

fuuuuck....if anyone can help me research that that would be amazing

But yea, I'm gonna try to see if i can do this also

Born X Raised cut their own tees

I gotta research about this...the garment district in LA is pretty good

You made me think about it.  My best answer would try to see if you can get students in fashion design to make a pattern and cut them out for you.   This was my fist thought to resources considering students in school would be more enthusiastic to probably help, considering it would also benefit them in helping them build a portfolio to help later down the road when they start interviewing for jobs.

• Truth 1

1 minute ago, ndv said:

You made me think about it.  My best answer would try to see if you can get students in fashion design to make a pattern and cut them out for you.   This was my fist thought to resources considering students in school would be more enthusiastic to probably help, considering it would also benefit them in helping them build a portfolio to help later down the road when they start interviewing for jobs.

I have a lot of considering going on here ^^^

Edited by ndv

26 minutes ago, ndv said:

There are an abundance of pattern makers in LA

I have an idea in mind...engineered garments made one of my FAVORITE tees ever

cross crewneck tee

Engineered Garments Cross Crew Neck T-Shirt | White | Short sleeved |  19F1H010 | Caliroots

Engineered Garments PRINTED CROSS CREW NECK T-SHIRT - WHITE/VERNON |  Garmentory

2 hours ago, glorydays said:

Noah gave me an idea from last year

this cardigan was one of the inspirations for me starting all this

I want to do a cardigan in jersey terry cloth

Not wool but a terry fabric that allows the wearer to just thrash it

so a cardigan that looks good but allows kids to wear it without looking pretentious 

Noah Fw19 Rugby Cardigan | Grailed

million dollar idea right there. i fuck heavy with this vision. not just for the cardigan but in general 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, glorydays said:

we all gonna dress like retirees with AARP cards

grampa skating

that’s where i’m at. I get the look you’re going for and no one does that. great idea. 

natural culmination of your personal style to begin with too. props 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Kults said:

that’s where i’m at. I get the look you’re going for and no one does that. great idea. 

natural culmination of your personal style to begin with too. props 

thank you bro

i was thinking of all of us on this forum getting older

and we all can't keep wearing supreme shirts with semen on them

so i'm going to make a brand that speaks to the old heads

• Truth 1
  • LOL! 3

so what is the future like.

well, I want to be able to venture into technical garments and technical tracksuits.

You all know i have an affinity and love for waterproof garments, so the future after this first drop is open for everything and anything

This might seem adventurous, but I'm tired of giving other companies money for stuff I can make myself

Isn't that why we all make stuff anyway? cuz theres nothing out there that fits you?

My dream fabric would be gore tex....fuuuuuck that would be amazing

• Props 2

52 minutes ago, Qawee said:

hell yeah goretex would be amazing. also that cardigan would be dope, just a little embroidered logo like the dude on the hammock between the palm trees

I love cardigans in general and personally, i love the way old people dress

They seem to accidentally have drip 

@Kultshow i see you in the future LMAO

dont worry I'll be up there with you

@QaweeI have a little logo similar to the lacoste alligator.  I have a small bucket hat and a small pair of palm trees that look like the fred perry laurels.

A.🕯 on Twitter: "highly recommend that you all follow gramparents on ig  for some of the most wholesome posts… "

Comfortable Outfits Inspired by Gramparents Instagram | POPSUGAR Fashion

Gramparents / Adsum

• Like 2
  • Truth 1

This is what the cardigan would be made of, or, at least the choices of what I want them made out of

The first pic is french terry, which is, in as easy way to describe it as possivle, is a towel material.

I love it cuz it fucking feels nice

The second pic is heavy weight jersey cotton. Rugby shirts are made of this.

If you have a rugby, then you know how "heavy" this fabric feels.

Like a smooth sweater, basically.

Anthracite_Terry__07198.1475258274.jpg?c=2

Light_Heather_Grey_Cotton_Jersey_fabric_08b2ca62-a554-4ced-ad43-a60bb7241fdd_1000x.JPG?v=1571438653

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Qawee said:

Imo id like whatever is thicker between the jersey and Terry cloth, my only experience with rugbys is RL polo stuff and while they're thicker than a t shirt they don't seem like it would be that warm if youre going for that

Oh they go up to 15 oz....that's like a pair of carhartt jeans