Starting a brand....yea yea yea I know

glorydays

I'm gonna talk about the tee.

It's a drop shoulder, slightly short/cropped.

The sleeves will be above the elbow but will not be too short as to expose the bicep

Here is a "reference" except the sleeves and length of the garment is too long.

HUGO Soltor Drop Shoulder Tee | Drop shoulder tee, Mens tops, Mens tees

Here is another example

sooyeon200219-0217sora-103-bot-4.jpg

Edited by glorydays

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I just had a revelation

Im gonna be honest with myself

and get over the fact that I cannot yet buy Made In America tees in bulk

too fucking expensive

My frat bro from college led me to a website that puts me in contact with manufacturers and suppliers

*AHEM* *AHEM*....excuse me

I'm gonna have to keep this on the down low

The good thing is, the more i order the cheaper each tee gets.

There is a price that I am very happy with....fuck i hope i can put this together

My only concern right now is to get all of my graphics together as soon as possible

I've decided to print 3 graphics for my first drop

fucking hell...Raven is gonna rub this in my face LMAO

It's going to take me approximately 4 months to get all of my art ordered and paid for.

The reason I want the graphics done so badly is because, since this is my first "collection", I have another set of graphics that I want to work on.

I have other artists that I would like to work with.

I believe I can get my blank tees done in 1 swoop. They'll probably get here on february. 

After that, the only real expenses that i can concentrate on is the cardigan and shorts, decks, and tee shirt printing

collection 1 is called "Staff Morale"

collection 2 is called "Civil Service"

collection 3 is called "Good Shepherd"

I have alot of ideas for future graphics and future designs

after the cardigan/shorts set i want to move on to other shit that old people wear.

I want to make oxford shirts and suits that have an athletic lean to them

It doesn't matter whether I buy an american wholesale vanilla blank tee

or an overseas manufactured tee

it's the same fucking price...and i don't want a plain ass, everybody having ass tee

I'm goin with the overseas manufacturer because they allow me to choose the fabric and to choose the cut

i hope to god this works

a fucking sample from them is a price i don't want to mention in mixed company

white                                  grey                                      royal blue

M                  75                                       50                                            51

L                   79                                       50                                            54

XL                75                                        50                                            50

229                                      150                                         155

Total 534

7.40 per unit x 534 = 3951

+ 1429 shipping

5380 to get these fucking tees to the united states

Yeesh. Do you know how they are shipping your product? If you left it up to their discretion you may be getting effed in the b. I knew a dude years ago that owned a shipping and logistics company and he was telling me there were two ways to ship from asia to here. Full containers and partial containers... ugh... and then high cost shipping vs low cost shipping with some kind of weird multiplier that kicks in. Hang tight bro. I think you can ship by boat for half that. Im gonna try to find some shit that explains this better than I can remember this weird shipping conversation over beers lol.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, mr.yuck said:

Yeesh. Do you know how they are shipping your product? If you left it up to their discretion you may be getting effed in the b. I knew a dude years ago that owned a shipping and logistics company and he was telling me there were two ways to ship from asia to here. Full containers and partial containers... ugh... and then high cost shipping vs low cost shipping with some kind of weird multiplier that kicks in. Hang tight bro. I think you can ship by boat for half that. Im gonna try to find some shit that explains this better than I can remember this weird shipping conversation over beers lol.

bro the manufacturer uses some sort of messaaging thing and im trying to fucking yell at her LMAO

• LOL! 1

1 minute ago, mr.yuck said:

International shipping is weird to me man. Theres some one with their hand out every step of the way.

Seems though when you have enough juice you should be able to negotiate that down, even getting to where you can split costs. probably more difficult when you're just starting out though

• Truth 1

27 minutes ago, mr.yuck said:

I mean, from what I understand shipping is done by volume. The more product you stuff into a can, the cheaper your shipping gets per unit anyway.

yea, the page you sent me to explained that different choices for shipping has different prices

I don't know man...i gotta find something else if this isnt viable

this adventure never ends

• Like 1

@glorydays I would keep digging in to it if I were you. If I was still in contact with this guy I would link you up directly with him.

If you dont want to fight the shipping fight, your tshirts to your doorstep as is are $10 a blank and you have the cut you want. Unless you are trying to stay at a firm price point or profit margin, just bump your finished price up by $2.50 and you erase shipping completely.

• Props 1

2 minutes ago, mr.yuck said:

@glorydays I would keep digging in to it if I were you. If I was still in contact with this guy I would link you up directly with him.

If you dont want to fight the shipping fight, your tshirts to your doorstep as is are $10 a blank and you have the cut you want. Unless you are trying to stay at a firm price point or profit margin, just bump your finished price up by $2.50 and you erase shipping completely.

Can you show me how to do that?

I have other options that have the cut I want and i just emailed them today

If the prices are the same I'll let you know

Edited by glorydays

4 minutes ago, mr.yuck said:

bro I am just thinking to give the business part to you and cut you in LMAO

Just now, glorydays said:

Can you show me how to do that?

I have other options that have the cut I want and i just emailed them today?

If the prices are the same I'll let you know

How to do what? Pass your costs on to the consumer? That shit's easy bro lol. 

Keep blowing this thread up. Im about to go to sleep. This whole thing is fun.

• LOL! 1

@glorydaysim just catching up to your current thinking. Exciting times. 

Curious how the art works. Do you just mockup something simple and get your artist to make it hi definition?

Can we see anything yet? Do you have social media? Does the brand have a name? ( I might have missed all of this).

Keep it up bud. 

• Like 2