This Old Trap House: Wonk Saggin Edition

mr.yuck

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
20 hours ago, fat ralphy said:

Dude the plans were submitted for review June 8th - and not even fully approved yet. 

I did already pay $1600 though so thats rad. 

This department from my past experience - complete shit bird fucktards. 

SJ Building and Permits

Damnit man. So I finished the upstairs a couple years ago at this point. I tried to get my final inspection so I could get my certificate of occupancy. Well they kept being on some bullshit so I told them I don't care what happens at this point. Well we were fucking off at the house last week and in like the middle of the day I get a knock on the door. My wife's like "who the fuck is that? Grab the pistol!" So I open the door and it's some shiny behind the ears ass city man. He's like "hey I'm new. Do you have an open permit still?" Luckily I'm not growing any weed right now so I feel comfortable letting young bro into the house. He starts looking around downstairs and I'm like "eyes upstairs buddy. There's no permit going on down here." He nods and carries his ass upstairs. He takes a picture of my walk in closet and he walks into my master bath and says "whoa!" Then snaps two pictures and says okay youre done. 

Now I'm really worried that my God damn taxes are about to go up again on my house. Hate these motherfuckers.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, mr.yuck said:

Damnit man. So I finished the upstairs a couple years ago at this point. I tried to get my final inspection so I could get my certificate of occupancy. Well they kept being on some bullshit so I told them I don't care what happens at this point. Well we were fucking off at the house last week and in like the middle of the day I get a knock on the door. My wife's like "who the fuck is that? Grab the pistol!" So I open the door and it's some shiny behind the ears ass city man. He's like "hey I'm new. Do you have an open permit still?" Luckily I'm not growing any weed right now so I feel comfortable letting young bro into the house. He starts looking around downstairs and I'm like "eyes upstairs buddy. There's no permit going on down here." He nods and carries his ass upstairs. He takes a picture of my walk in closet and he walks into my master bath and says "whoa!" Then snaps two pictures and says okay youre done. 

Now I'm really worried that my God damn taxes are about to go up again on my house. Hate these motherfuckers.

Can't you just build out trap doors and such. Make the closet look smaller with one of those secret entrance bookcase things.  

Install a bunch of mirrors all over the place, don't forget to pick up a few funny mirrors for added illusion.

Idk I am not a contractor 🤷‍♂️   the only other thing I can think of is build a armored bulldozer if the city starts overstepping their boundaries.

• Truth 1
  • LOL! 1

@mr.yucklast time these fuckers tacked on 1k annual - I expect this project will cost 3-4x more, hoping there must he some limit on how much they can increase taxes or my annual might end up being around 15k

Probably need to rent out the back house when this is all said and done. 

• Truth 1

Jesus tits @fat ralphy. You could come out this way and buy a baller ass pad and a few multi unit rentals for 1.2 and be living the chill as fuck life. The weather is fucking shit though and you'd probably be ready to kill yourself if you like to go out and do things. 😂

• Truth 2

Pension life sounds dope. Props on that man. This working for yourself thing is turning out to be more and more bullshit every year. The retirement plan sucks. So far I've been able to gather that the construction retirement plan is to hire a bunch of new jacks to do the work and have a massive heart attack around 60 when they do something completely retarded.

• Truth 2

So I think I've made the decision to build my cabinet faces and drawer faces from walnut. I bought a sample of white oak and walnut and for real the walnut is only a dollar more per linear foot. 

Good wood.

• Like 5
  • Props 1

On 8/23/2024 at 11:59 AM, nicklesndimes said:

had a little water damage from loose tile in shower. was able to uncover and remove a lot of the rot & remedy the situation in the most diy way possible.

all the boards and drywall are cut to size & i guess i need to learn how to lay a few tile.

17244285909145425818560113854181.jpg

got the wall back up, but shit got outta hand quick...

• Truth 1
  • LOL! 1

I’m bout to be in yucks building nightmare hell. Fuck all that permit shit. Barely thinking of that. Probably needed one to put in my slider and window. Buying out my ex should be official by end of week and I get to start the daunting task of putting in a whole ass kitchen, refacing a bathroom and a shitload of other random things so I can get it move in ready for potential renters within a couple of months. Good luck Noes. 

• Like 1
  • Truth 1
  • Props 1