Bikes left in yard to lure thieves, then Beat with Bats

Ko SprueOne

Alright, which two of you oontzers is this? Haha jk

Meanwhile in Tulare County, California,

"Visalia Couple Left Bikes in Yard to Lure Thieves, Beat Them with Bats and Post Videos to YouTube"

https://ktla.com/2020/01/09/2-men-accused-of-luring-thieves-with-unattended-bikes-then-beating-them-with-baseball-bats-and-posting-attacks-on-youtube/

• Props 3

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Pimpin..... these are some of my favorites.  I will laugh at this every time.... only thing that could really make it better is if the handlebars were a little loose or something.  These guys seem to be able to recover from eating shit pretty easily.  Would be more satisfying if it were a hospital trip for them.

• LOL! 1

^^I was wondering about the legality of the prank videos.  Obviously baiting someone in your front yard and then beating them with bats is pretty edgy in terms of the legal system...... but if a thief decides to steal a bike that's tethered to a pole and they fuck themselves up real good doing so, is that "your fault" for tethering your bike that they stole?  I don't think it is, even if you video it and put it on the internet.

I feel like that if the police were called they'd probably high five you for fucking the thief up with some good lulz.

Depends on the department, some would get a kick out of it. Some would kind of judge you because let's face it, anyone baiting another person into a baseball bat beating may not be violating NAP which allows for defense of private property, but may be violating a moral loophole for their own nefarious purposes. As far as I see, as long as they don't cause any permanent damage to the perp, I think they're doing their neighborhood a service.

My guess is most police departments would look at it as an opportunity to make 3 arrests, and make their arrest quota for the day by arrest you, your wife, and the actual criminal. In many jurisdictions defending yourself is unofficially illegal, like in NYC for example, if you're attacked and decide to fight back, or physically stop a thief from say walking out of your store with merchandise they didn't pay for, now you're the criminal.

Was writing this when Mercer responded.  Not legal, but whether or not you get in trouble for it likely depends on whether the cops choose to make an arrest,  how litigious the asshole is who eats dirt, and whether someone wants to prosecute it or not.  Not a lawyer here but I believe the issue is your intent, and possibly negligence.  It's a stupid, and litigious society.  Pretty sure I've heard of burglars suing the homeowner who shot them.  Also shit like you have a hole in the ground on your property, unmarked, someone creeps through your yard at night and breaks their ankle in it and sues.  As an aside, one of the reasons I like some of the nonlethal weapons for my Oontzing activities.  Everyone is a tough guy until they get their ass handed back to them along with a hospital bill.  Much easier to deliver a hurting to someone that they won't soon forget but that won't do any permanent damage.   

1 hour ago, Dirty_habiT said:

Oh no I get it about beating someone w/ a bat.  I can definitely see that as being illegal.  I'm more wondering about the legalities of someone stealing a bike and eating shit on it because it's tethered and they get yanked off of it.

Pretty much the same shit applies to tethering a bait bike, as baseball bats. IDK about where you live, but here in NYC police are given quotas (Illegally). So on nights like Wednesday, and Thursday, where there's very little crime, there's a good chance anyone who looks ghetto like pants sagging/sports gear, or any teenager out minding their own business is going to get nabbed up just for existing, and illegally/unconstitutionally searched so they can keep their numbers up and justify the size/funding of their local precinct based on their stats.

On top of this, they'll pretty much hire anyone for NYPD now, and the pay starting out is super low, so they're probably some of the least professional police in the game. This creates conditions where the cop no longer bases their actions on "do I think this person belongs in jail" as much as "how many more collars do I need before the captain demotes me, or puts me in a dangerous situation as punishment". Sometimes criminals are given a free pass because they met their quota and the paperwork isn't worth it to them. Sometimes innocent people catch a case, thus making it  more of a game of avoiding the police in general, rather than obeying the laws and being a good person.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, abrasivesaint said:

There is no circumstance that is legal. It is pre-meditated assault with a deadly weapon. It’s not like they were firing up some hot dogs on the grill and saw the dude from the yard and beat him with a spatula. 

I feel like you maybe still missed the point.

How illegal is it to tie your own bike to a tree and film people that try to steal it fucking themselves up when it wrecks?  My guess is that, it's probably not illegal since there are videos of it on youtube with a shit load of views.

• Truth 1

I enjoy the part where they pop out and say "hey that's my bike!" so that the thief tries to ride even faster before wrecking.  It just adds so much to the lulz.  It's too bad they're doing it for youtube or you could do something like the home owners did and beat someone silly after they wrecked hard trying to steal your bike.

1 hour ago, abrasivesaint said:

There is no circumstance that is legal. It is pre-meditated assault with a deadly weapon. It’s not like they were firing up some hot dogs on the grill and saw the dude from the yard and beat him with a spatula. 

You can’t prove premeditation on this. Unless I’m missing something?

Leaving a bicycle unlocked outside numerous times directly under a camera and catching numerous people attempting to steal it, and you just so happen to have a bat at the ready every time? There’s no where else they could have left the bike? They couldn’t afford to buy a bike lock? They couldn’t bring the bikes inside the house? 

I get it, fuck a bike thief.. But come on. 

Edited by abrasivesaint

35 minutes ago, abrasivesaint said:

Leaving a bicycle unlocked outside numerous times directly under a camera and catching numerous people attempting to steal it, and you just so happen to have a bat at the ready every time? There’s no where else they could have left the bike? They couldn’t afford to buy a bike lock? They couldn’t bring the bikes inside the house? 

I get it, fuck a bike thief.. But come on. 

All of that is rather circumstantial. Maybe they just live in a bad neighborhood and haven't gotten around to buying a bike lock yet? I mean, I get it, its obvious but you cant prove premeditation based on that alone. Had they bragged about it on social media or something sure

11 minutes ago, abrasivesaint said:

I mean they did it 4 times and were posting it to Youtube apparently. They didn’t learn to bring the bike inside after the first or 2nd time? 

Not on them to have to bring their bike inside because people suck. This would not hold up in court

39 minutes ago, abrasivesaint said:

Ok, fair enough. Maybe we’ll find out in time if anyone follows the story, haha. 

But this is the real world, not Mr. Roger’s neighborhood. It was bait and you know it. 

Oh of course it was. Legally speaking though they're well within their rights to leave a bike unattended on their property, record the entire episode and chase the thieves off. If they can show they feared for their safety while doing so the bat is also justified.

Lol why is he calling them dogs!?  Those are chickens!

Priceless that dude wrecked his shit trying to get away from his failed theft.  Top notch.

Also, he needs to say sorry to those chickens.  They wanted to die for feeding a person, not for being thrown at some dogs.

I'm going to just start talking like an australian, if I can.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 1/13/2020 at 2:31 PM, Dirty_habiT said:

I enjoy the part where they pop out and say "hey that's my bike!" so that the thief tries to ride even faster before wrecking.  It just adds so much to the lulz.  It's too bad they're doing it for youtube or you could do something like the home owners did and beat someone silly after they wrecked hard trying to steal your bike.

🤣

This is the definition of adding insult to injury. 

I just had the image of charlie murphy beating rick james on the couch. "We held him down and just wailed on his legs."

• LOL! 2