Cool Vans - Conversions, Sprinters, Overlanding and nomad life on 4 wheels

KILZ FILLZ

11 minutes ago, Ko SprueOne said:

" It is missing battery and carburador is all out of place. "

I know what is out of place, punctuation. What does that even mean?

Interesting listing sight. 

Probably wouldn’t start so they started fooling with the carb. Then got it all fubar and just said fuck it

whats weird is that in town there are a few different  auto wrecking yards that will buy a junker like that off you for a few hundred bucks… and tow it away for free!! Why give this thing away instead of take the cash?? 

• Truth 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
5 minutes ago, KILZ FILLZ said:

Probably wouldn’t start so they started fooling with the carb. Then got it all fubar and just said fuck it

whats weird is that in town there are a few different  auto wrecking yards that will buy a junker like that off you for a few hundred bucks… and tow it away for free!! Why give this thing away instead of take the cash?? 

That's what I figured as well. I was just criticizing the listing author's text description. Lol

I agree with the wrecking yard option especially if they'll tow it away for you.

I'm going to check out that free listing sight.  

• LOL! 1

On 1/10/2022 at 8:48 PM, KILZ FILLZ said:

Not everyone knows how to flip shit or cares to do it.  And despite what some of those junk places say in their ads, a lot aren't paying shit for a vehicle.  I junked a car somewhere in the recent past and the quotes and offers from places I called were lowball shit offers.   In the end I threw a value on it that suited me and should have been attractive to others, threw it on Craigslist of all places, and had a dude from out of state send someone with cash in hand to tow it away for parts.

• Like 1
  • Truth 1

• 2 weeks later...

used to mainly lurk in here late 2010s until the melbourne thread got rightfully shut down.. lost my id in the great purge..been grabbing the memes but had to jump back in: 77 Holden (GM) 5.0L V8 panelvan, sorry but unlike your yank buses this is a classic weapon.van.thumb.png.45450023bc308bfcedbb814cd70e6c47.png

• Like 5
  • Props 1

On 2/5/2022 at 4:36 AM, kunty said:

used to mainly lurk in here late 2010s until the melbourne thread got rightfully shut down.. lost my id in the great purge..been grabbing the memes but had to jump back in: 77 Holden (GM) 5.0L V8 panelvan, sorry but unlike your yank buses this is a classic weapon.van.thumb.png.45450023bc308bfcedbb814cd70e6c47.png

well hello

now that's a car and a half!

yours? @kunty