Mercer

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
49 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Don't think for yourself, listen to the experts....

g9wqvon4rsz41.thumb.png.2fcd862b20601b6a089a9f157213957c.png

The chick with the exploding head from Total Recall is the Belgium Health Minister. This is the one from Denmark:

Danish Innovation Minister to keynote Innovation Labs World '18 ...

Pretty sure that Belgium has the highest CV19 deaths per capita in the world too.

It's all starting to make sense.

@Mercer- there is an actual real problem with that post, though.

Ministers are politicians, not experts of their portfolio like your comment implies. In a representative democracy the politician is voted in to represent the wishes of their electorate. They are not voted in to be experts of anything, other than in how laws are passed. The experts are the people in the bureaucracy, in this case, that would be the people who run the Dept. of Health, who advise the Minister on policy options.

So, your "Listen to the experts, don't think for yourself" quip, shows precisely why you should listen to the experts, rather than anonymous people on the internet with strong opinions!

Here's an expert to explain how representative democracy works:

Denmark is a representative democracy, which means that Danish citizens elect representatives to sit in the Parliament and make daily political decisions on the organisation of society: https://www.thedanishparliament.dk/-/media/pdf/publikationer/english/the-parliamentary-system-of-denmark_2014.ashx

Just Kidding Finger Guns GIF

5 hours ago, Fist 666 said:

What?

I called his behavior trollish and then said I would stop responding to the trollish behavior. There is no dichotomy between these two statements. 

Reading sure is hard...

You accuse him of being a troll for calling you a try hard, two sentences later you bow out with the ‘ill stop feeding the troll’ trope.

Using a played out, and frankly pussy way to troll. 

Arguing on the internet sure is hard huh lil buddy 

5 hours ago, Hua Guofang said:

The chick with the exploding head from Total Recall is the Belgium Health Minister. This is the one from Denmark:

Danish Innovation Minister to keynote Innovation Labs World '18 ...

Pretty sure that Belgium has the highest CV19 deaths per capita in the world too.

It's all starting to make sense.

I’m going to need a few full body shots of her to determine her level of heath expertise.

*heavy breathing continues*

Edited by Mercer

5 hours ago, Hua Guofang said:

@Mercer- there is an actual real problem with that post, though.

Ministers are politicians, not experts of their portfolio like your comment implies. In a representative democracy the politician is voted in to represent the wishes of their electorate. They are not voted in to be experts of anything, other than in how laws are passed. The experts are the people in the bureaucracy, in this case, that would be the people who run the Dept. of Health, who advise the Minister on policy options.

So, your "Listen to the experts, don't think for yourself" quip, shows precisely why you should listen to the experts, rather than anonymous people on the internet with strong opinions!

Here's an expert to explain how representative democracy works:

Denmark is a representative democracy, which means that Danish citizens elect representatives to sit in the Parliament and make daily political decisions on the organisation of society: https://www.thedanishparliament.dk/-/media/pdf/publikationer/english/the-parliamentary-system-of-denmark_2014.ashx

Just Kidding Finger Guns GIF

This is more of an endorsement of anti government make the rules for everything sentiment than anything else.  I mean if we’re forced to listen to anyone on this issue should t we just consult our own doctors individually?

Just because one of these politically appointed officials (who’s motives are only political in nature) have one opinion, why is that the be all end all? They get these appointments because elected officials return favors for political clout, not because there’s some sort of competence test they outscored all others on. Likewise their employees that advise them, are fucking losers who couldn’t make it in the private sector. They know which way they should lean on every issue, government decides everything. Those that can’t fall in line with the message, endorsing more power for the political class  Won’t get that cushy promotion. That’s how it works.

Meanwhile, a brainwashed and sheepish public is convinced anyone thinking for themselves is the problem. People like me out here working in public safety, actually saving lives through their work, who take every precaution possible to stop the spread are immediately labeled conspiracy theorist if we even dare to question the state. Stats that clearly prove our points are dismissed “we don’t know for sure yet” but the official narrative must never be questioned even though we “don’t know for sure yet”.

It’s not just the Covid thing, this completely irrational devotion to main stream narrative is almost universal now. even slight variation from the official narrative will automatically have you labeled as a racist, sexist, conspiracy theorist, or just someone who is generally selfish and doesn’t care about other people. it’s ridiculous to anybody who’s ever read a history book, the main stream has never once in history had everything correct and if we look back the political views of just one generation ago look so obviously flawed, how can we assume the main stream narrative of today is any different then the rest of world history. I mean realistically what are the chances that in 2070 will be able to look back and say hey these people had everything right, I can’t believe people questioned the main stream narrative.

Edited by Mercer

That's the last health minister for Alberta, and I do believe she was a nurse before getting into politics.

Anyway, her gov't was voted out.  The new guy is a meathead too who's managed to piss off every doctor in Alberta.  It got to the point that he showed up on the driveway of one Dr. who'd been vocally critical of his leadership to yell and rant at him and his kids.

e: Never mind, I'm wrong.  Googled her.  She was a teacher previously.

Edited by metronome

8 hours ago, Kults said:

You accuse him of being a troll for calling you a try hard, two sentences later you bow out with the ‘ill stop feeding the troll’ trope.

Using a played out, and frankly pussy way to troll. 

So calling out troll behavior and distancing yourself from it is in itself trolling? Fascinating. 

"Frankly pussy way to troll" Holy fuck. This is one of the best phrases I've ever read on the internet... Can you show me a big, strong manly method to troll?  Should I be wearing a SUPREME fanny pack as a grown ass man while I type it, or does that just put too much testosterone into one post? I'd hate for it to be played out; What is in vogue these days for trolling techniques? Is it shitposting and calling it logic or is there something new and exciting I've never heard of? 

• LOL! 1

15 minutes ago, Fist 666 said:

So calling out troll behavior and distancing yourself from it is in itself trolling? Fascinating. 

"Frankly pussy way to troll" Holy fuck. This is one of the best phrases I've ever read on the internet... Can you show me a big, strong manly method to troll?  Should I be wearing a SUPREME fanny pack as a grown ass man while I type it, or does that just put too much testosterone into one post? I'd hate for it to be played out; What is in vogue these days for trolling techniques? Is it shitposting and calling it logic or is there something new and exciting I've never heard of? 

I'm sure you'll figure it out champ

Alright, alright, lets all calm down, I think the main thing we can all agree on is that I was 100% right on this.

The girls underpants came back from the crime lab,  and get this, the results show there were more than just skidmarks left in them after her "police encounter". Now that comic book shop is selling t-shirts, and kids clothing to commemorate this 100% (not made up) factual matter:

image.png.66ffe595752316a6c3a3b738ab1b79e5.png

• LOL! 1

11 hours ago, Mercer said:

This is more of an endorsement of anti government make the rules for everything sentiment than anything else.  I mean if we’re forced to listen to anyone on this issue should t we just consult our own doctors individually?

Just because one of these politically appointed officials (who’s motives are only political in nature) have one opinion, why is that the be all end all? They get these appointments because elected officials return favors for political clout, not because there’s some sort of competence test they outscored all others on. Likewise their employees that advise them, are fucking losers who couldn’t make it in the private sector. They know which way they should lean on every issue, government decides everything. Those that can’t fall in line with the message, endorsing more power for the political class  Won’t get that cushy promotion. That’s how it works.

Meanwhile, a brainwashed and sheepish public is convinced anyone thinking for themselves is the problem. People like me out here working in public safety, actually saving lives through their work, who take every precaution possible to stop the spread are immediately labeled conspiracy theorist if we even dare to question the state. Stats that clearly prove our points are dismissed “we don’t know for sure yet” but the official narrative must never be questioned even though we “don’t know for sure yet”.

It’s not just the Covid thing, this completely irrational devotion to main stream narrative is almost universal now. even slight variation from the official narrative will automatically have you labeled as a racist, sexist, conspiracy theorist, or just someone who is generally selfish and doesn’t care about other people. it’s ridiculous to anybody who’s ever read a history book, the main stream has never once in history had everything correct and if we look back the political views of just one generation ago look so obviously flawed, how can we assume the main stream narrative of today is any different then the rest of world history. I mean realistically what are the chances that in 2070 will be able to look back and say hey these people had everything right, I can’t believe people questioned the main stream narrative.

Jesus christ, as if on fucking cue, the Australian politicians have to prove me right in the worst possible way:

https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/6764584/govt-sick-of-experts-in-public-service-former-department-secretary/?cs=14225

Government 'sick of experts' in public service

It's behind a paywall but it says that the Ministers are sick of independent expert advice if it doesn't align with their political agenda.

Sorry, @MercerI haven't actually read your post, I will get to it, though.

7 minutes ago, Mercer said:

image.png.8d69fffd0b38f290b65f1c2279e00eef.png

It's only mandatory on public transit here and even then, not really enforced. There's a neighborhood trying to pass a bylaw but I'm not sure how they'd enforce that either.

Basically they can do whatever they want though, I wouldn't put it passed Castreau. We don't have the same protected freedoms Americans do.

D0l65k9X0AIUKDq.jpg