Mercer

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
On 5/31/2020 at 8:36 PM, Mercer said:

image.thumb.png.fc9edcd5854e39f374486cf0af7a7a15.png

I cant fuckin stand that silence equals complicity bullshit. 

I brought this up in a slightly different context in past discussions. People need to know where you stand so they know how to react to you. I've seen time and time again when people lose their shit if you say you just don't give a fuck or that you can't subscribe to either political party cause they both suck. They can't compute the response unless they know you're on their team or on the opposing team. 

The silence equals complicity is an amazingly effectively ploy to bring people into the fray that has the benefit of skewing towards you joining on the side of the person insisting that you engage.

Fuck that. Country is literally ripping itself apart because everyone feels they need to pile on.

• Like 1
  • Truth 1

16 hours ago, Hua Guofang said:

But hang on, you're allowed guns now but that hasn't stopped police brutality and the militias don't seem to be out on the street moving against a govt that is bashing a free media in the streets and threatening to turn the military on its own citizens.

What good are y'alls ARs if all they're used for is photo ops in state capital buildings? Protest against the covid lockdown but not on massive state brutality and coercion? Seems that this is what people were talking about fighting against but the only people actually putting themselves on the line are the people usually maligned as snowflakes.

This is where you're disconnected from understanding the practical application of living it versus reading about it.

The cities that are hardest hit are virtually impossible or extremely difficult to own guns in. NYC, CA, Philly, Chicago, DC, etc. There is exceptionally little gun ownership in these areas and AR's for example, are basically modified to the point of no longer resembling the same platform or just simply impossible to own. In some cases, you can own, but not leave the house with it, except to go to the range. Also, you're talking about entirely different cultures. Having lived in NYC, it was all but taboo to even talk about guns as you'd incur the liberal wrath of how nobody needs them, so there's a culture that has largely shunned guns, even in cases where you might be able to have some sort of neutered version of ownership. It was actually pretty interesting how when Covid got crazy, a lot of people I know that vehemently argued against gun ownership were calling for advice on what to get and where. More ironic was some tweets that came out where people that had been previously anti gun were actually complaining about how hard they were to get.

Those places with the pro gun demonstrations were often just beyond these dense urban areas (battle ground territories) and also somewhat misleading as well. 300 dudes standing in the lawn of a town hall may look like a lot, but spread those same 300 out in a city that's warring and its so thin you probably won't even notice them. Also consider that the you're seeing what they want to see. There's lots of good happening out there with police and people working together, but that doesn't draw near the attention as another video of a cop stomping a protester.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, misteraven said:

*By the way, I didnt mean that in a shitty way with that opening statement. Just merely pointing out that living it is one thing. Trying to understand from afar, regardless of sources and investment, simply isnt the same thing. 

Not at all, it came over as you intended it.

I also know that I'm over-reacting a bit on the 'where's the militia' angle. Partly because what I'm seeing is affecting me a lot. I've mentioned many times my love and deep respect for the USA and my hope that it continues to be the dominant global force, because on balance, it is a force for progress and good. I also have family there, etc. etc.

I also over react because I think that the idea that an armed populace is not a great answer to tyranny, you'll never outgun the state and there is no cost too high for a state to defeat challengers. It has to be done a different way. And I guess that what we're seeing now in the US is from the very first page of the tyrant's play book and if there ever was a time for people to stand up, it's now. That doesn't mean rioting or looting, it means being seen, standing side by side on the street (legally) and taking the arrest if that's what's going to happen for exercising 1A.

Ok, rant over.

• Like 1

I should clarify: I'm as pro kink and pro poly as they come, if dude is into getting pegged by his wife's bf, neato,  or just being a traditional cuckold, party hard, but that lip ring screams that he's never been in a fight and without capitalism how on earth did he get that purple hair dye? 

• LOL! 3