While yall was hating on Jose for coming here to wash dishes...

DRUNKEN-ASSHOLE-ONER

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • 10 years later...
On 9/2/2013 at 2:32 PM, DRUNKEN-ASSHOLE-ONER said:

The powers that be have been laughing at you and planning what to do with us after computers have taken all of our jobs.

And I can guarantee you it has nothing to do with just letting us run wild.

Hitlers "Jewish question" will now be America's "human question".

And if you ain't from money, take a wild guess at where you and your family are going?

http://opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/08/31/who-will-prosper-in-the-new-world/?hp

I only read this OP and you were prohecising DAO. If only due to Me rambling about Hitler and donning his famous facial hair as I ponder the same questions.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, One Man Banned said:

Who would have predicted that in 2024 DAO no longer uses bold to type his responses

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
|HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Truth 1
  • LOL! 1

4 hours ago, DRUNKEN-ASSHOLE-ONER said:

So this guy is totally book smart but a complete disaster at his hobbies. 

I don't know about this Gray thing... lol.  I mean what he is describing is far worse for humanity.  Humanity would collapse in no time.   What's his answer to Chinese Communist Party for global domination.

Honestly, I think we already see his visons playing out,  look at Boeing self governing themselves and the current state that gotten to.

His fantasies are an interesting Netflix series to say the least.   Brace yourselves San Fran!

Edited by ndv

9 hours ago, Mauler5150 said:

I only read this OP and you were prohecising DAO. If only due to Me rambling about Hitler and donning his famous facial hair as I ponder the same questions.

I just woke up and can’t see very clear yet….but are you saying you rock a hitler mustache?

• LOL! 1

20 hours ago, ndv said:

So this guy is totally book smart but a complete disaster at his hobbies. 

I don't know about this Gray thing... lol.  I mean what he is describing is far worse for humanity.  Humanity would collapse in no time.   What's his answer to Chinese Communist Party for global domination.

Honestly, I think we already see his visons playing out,  look at Boeing self governing themselves and the current state that gotten to.

His fantasies are an interesting Netflix series to say the least.   Brace yourselves San Fran!

What he's pushing is literally fascism.

I should clarify a bit.  I listened to Balaji talk (for way too fucking long) with Lex Fridman.  The things he thinks (and I believe this is a wider view especially among the silicon valley tech bros) "AI" is capable of is out to lunch.  These guys honestly think we're on the brink of an Artificial General Intelligence singularity(think the computer from Star Trek etc) - all these guys have done is make very comprehensive predictive text generators that manage to consume excessive amounts of electricity and water.  This is all problematic just from an environmental POV and doesn't even take into account the ethical implications that all of these LLMs and image generators have been and are being trained on stolen IP.  This is the greatest heist in human history IMO, just countless people's work being ripped off and exploited for the express purpose of eventually putting them out of work.

I saw a tweet a while ago that said something to the effect of AI was supposed to take the mundanity out of life, doing the mindless tasks we hate to give us time to focus on our creative ventures that we want to do.  These tech bros who've never spent any time in the humanities think its going to write better stories or make better art because they can't conceive of the idea that those things require actually being a human.

e:  One more thing to add.  The Sam Altman's and the Balaji's aren't admitting that their models suck, make things up, and have slowly enshittified the entire internet to the point that search engines are becoming unusable.

Edited by metronome
to add:
  • Like 1
  • Truth 2

7 hours ago, DRUNKEN-ASSHOLE-ONER said:

What he's pushing is literally fascism.

I agree, but that seemed more towards totalitarianism in the long run, but in a short amount of time. 

3 hours ago, metronome said:

I should clarify a bit.  I listened to Balaji talk (for way too fucking long) with Lex Fridman.  The things he thinks (and I believe this is a wider view especially among the silicon valley tech bros) "AI" is capable of is out to lunch.  These guys honestly think we're on the brink of an Artificial General Intelligence singularity(think the computer from Star Trek etc) - all these guys have done is make very comprehensive predictive text generators that manage to consume excessive amounts of electricity and water.  This is all problematic just from an environmental POV and doesn't even take into account the ethical implications that all of these LLMs and image generators have been and are being trained on stolen IP.  This is the greatest heist in human history IMO, just countless people's work being ripped off and exploited for the express purpose of eventually putting them out of work.

I saw a tweet a while ago that said something to the effect of AI was supposed to take the mundanity out of life, doing the mindless tasks we hate to give us time to focus on our creative ventures that we want to do.  These tech bros who've never spent any time in the humanities think its going to write better stories or make better art because they can't conceive of the idea that those things require actually being a human.

e:  One more thing to add.  The Sam Altman's and the Balaji's aren't admitting that their models suck, make things up, and have slowly enshittified the entire internet to the point that search engines are becoming unusable.

But this is one of my immediate concerns regarding AI doing simple tasks we take for granted (or eventually will).  Like for example remembering phone numbers.  Most of us these days really don't memorize phone numbers any more.   So not memorizing simple things isn't exercising the brain as it should which what doesn't this do to our mental health?   

So when we start using an apparatus like Ai to perform complex creativity like emotion, feelings, and such a society as a while becomes numb, numb to a point we live in this dystopia nothing less.   Or nothing less as in what the valley has programmed us to think.

Like I replied to DAO's reply, that's totalitarian.  

That's bad, specially when you have half the pollution on Neuralink.

@ndv Yeah, I see your point, and I sort of addressed that by pointing out that these stem/tech CEOs having spent no time in the humanities being an issue because they don't see the value in it.  IMO there is never going to be a time in human endeavour where we lose our capacity for emotion, feelings, creativity, nuance, etc - the idea of things like phones/tablets/computers etc doing the mundane tasks for us like organizing a phonebook or your schedule in theory frees up time for one to draw, read, think, touch grass, whatever.

Maybe this is a uniquely American perspective because to put it bluntly, your country and society is so entrenched in the rat race that sometimes you guys don't see there can be a bigger picture or a better way.

These CEOs like Altman, Balaji, Elon, etc also way overestimate the capabilities of their tech.  They aren't able to take criticism and they routinely have been told they are the smartest guys in the world.  How many times have we seen silicon valley disrupt something only to have just re-invented it but shittier? 

e:  Here's another example of what I mean.  Google is powering its searches with an AI assistant to return nothing but shit posts.  It consumes roughly 10x the amount of electricity as a traditional google search, that used to work, would have. 

https://www.levernews.com/the-unknown-toll-of-the-ai-takeover/

Edited by metronome
adding:
  • Like 3