***2013 MLB Superthread***

MrChupacabra

Doc supposedly has been hiding an injury since his start against the pirates...

He's looking at two months DL, and hell be turning 36 in a week...

Its better that it is physical and not mental I think...

Im not throwing the towel in on the phils over him tho... too much baseball left...

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive only been wathing the Chi-Sox since 04 but this is honestly the worst squad ive seen them field.

Its a shame, the pitching other than Floyd(who is now done for the season) has been solid, the offense is just non-existent.

Still alot of beisbol left, nowhere near throwing in the towel I just don't see it being a very good year... sucks to not see AJ out there and that Dunn is still on the team when all he is is 3 or 4 free outs per game.

fuck. that's a head cracker.

in other news, goddam Kimbrel's blown 3 of his last 5 save opportunities and gave up the tying solo shot and then

immediately after, the walk off solo shot back to back last night. Dude blew 3 saves all last season.

The fuck's going on with my closer this year!?

Tim-Lincecum-Giants-Snuggie.jpg

DOMINATED THIS SERIES, SHOULDA SWEPT BUT THE UMPS CALLED REVERE OUT WHO WAS CLEARLY SAFE IN THE TENTH... STILL RUINED A SAVE FOR THAT BEARDED GYPSY... GREAT SERIES, LOT OF GOOD THINGS HAPPENING... OUR MIDDLE RELIEF IS SHIT THO, ABSOLUTE SHIT...

HOW U LIKE ME NOW LUGR?

Only bright spot on my team now is Chris "The Kid" Sale. Threw a gem last night.

Injuries are hurting my starting pitching with Danks and Floyd out and Peavey

having stiffness in his back. Think it's time to consider shopping Jakey.

Last place is no fun but it was inevitable with the age on our roster.

• 2 weeks later...

only a game below 500

phils have 20 games they have scored 2 runs or less, in them they are 3-17...

hamels is 1-8 this year with NO run support...

yet we are a warm weather team, and always rite around 500 thru the first half of the season...

things have been interesting...

boston series starts tonight, i hate boston as a city, and their people.

fuck yall.

They're not completely terrible. Starting pitching has been ok, keeps them in games. The hitting has been non existent in close games and the bull pen is horrible as usual. Charlie Manuel has made some questionable calls but there's not much he can do with this roster. Fire Ruben now and let Charlie walk after the season. Get rid of most of the overpaid old heads for young talent.

LEE pitched a gem.

surprised mixed reaction when pappelbon came out to close considering he won a WS for boston...

fans today are fuckin idiots, i spit on people who boo Werth when he comes to philly, literally...

i just dont understand how you boo a world champion for your city,,, unless maybe he was an uncontibuting cancer or mercenary, even then i question it.

this is coming from someone who hates both pappelbon n boston in general.