iPhone Nerds..Help needed.

makeithappennn

I know I don't post at all on this site anymore,or on any website for that matter,but I figured someone on here could help me..being that I won't bother with any other message boards...

So I'm walking home the other night and come across an iPhone 3GS sitting on the sidewalk,I'm trying to restore it to wipe all of the memory but it's locked and the only way I know to hack it is the old emergency call,hit pound 4 times and lock the phone,but that shit won't work anymore..So I was wondering if anyone has found a way around it that I'm missing out on. If you can,help a brother out,it would be much appreciated.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Hard Reset

Note: These steps will delete the data off the phone, but you can Restore data using your computer.

Press and hold both the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button for about ten seconds. The apple logo will appear and your iPhone 3G S will be reset.

Close, but not quite enough. I think it would still go back to the lockscreen with the PW.

I'd say put it into DFU mode. That will put it into a state where it will need to be completely restored through iTunes. (Google: iPhone DFU mode)

It's a combo of button presses a little more complex than what BETELGEUSE said.