Cool cheap places to live in the world.

Soup

I'm reboxing up all my shit for the fourth time this year and moving. IM sorta entertaining the possibility of just moving out of the country, so I thought i'd ask 12oz if they know of any cheap cool neighborhoods in Kenya or wherever that has lots of cyclists, surfers, scuba divers, skiers, and motorcyclists. And rent is less than $700. I love SF but I need planters and garage space, and rent isn't supposed to cost me this much. Portland's on the list, but I'd like to get away from hipsters if at all possible. Apparently this girl moved to detroit, so that's off the list too:

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jesus Kobe, Detroit? Mind as well have said Chernobyl. Haha.

Thailand would be chill. Enough industry to there to work or start a company. It's a different market than the US, that's for sure. Taiwan might be cool too, except for all the communism. Same with eastern europe. Plus I don't speak the language or drink.

Anybody know neighborhoods? Sweden, France, Holland, etc.

couple of friends of mine went on a week trip to nicaragua on a cigar tour/trip. they said it was badass and you can live like a boss for around $1500 a month. as in having a 2 or 3 thousand square foot house with a maid that does all your cleaning/laundry AND cooks 3 meals a day...that includes them going to the market every day for fresh groceries