Egypt

Citizen X

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sexual assault/harassment has been a common thing in Egypt for a while, now an American reporter gets assaulted and you say "maybe these animals deserved a dictator"

Has it? I don't keep up with worldwide sexual assault news. (not being sarcastic)

What I was pissed about was the large group of men that surrounded her (like animals)

and raped her.

Yeah, I said rape.

I don't know if they deserve a dictator (I was just taken aback by what I had read), but they seem like some savage ass motherfuckers to do something like that. Not cool at all.

Ok, so when we look up "sexual assault" it says:

a statutory offense that provides that it is a crime to knowingly cause another person to engage in an unwanted sexual act by force or threat; "most states have replaced the common law definition of rape with statutes defining sexual assault"

"brutal and sustained sexual assault"...that must have been hell.

Ok, so when we look up "sexual assault" it says:

a statutory offense that provides that it is a crime to knowingly cause another person to engage in an unwanted sexual act by force or threat; "most states have replaced the common law definition of rape with statutes defining sexual assault"

"brutal and sustained sexual assault"...that must have been hell.

i'm sure it wasn't pleasant

hey this is what happens when society breaks down.

At least people stepped in and helped her....most times they don't.

after 30 minutes. People are so fucked up sometimes.

You guys are aware of what "hobbies" Middle Eastern men have, right? Little boy fucking parties, goat/sheep fucking, etc. I would imagine most civilized men don't take part, but

you never know.

after 30 minutes. People are so fucked up sometimes.

You guys are aware of what "hobbies" Middle Eastern men have, right? Little boy fucking parties, goat/sheep fucking, etc. I would imagine most civilized men don't take part, but

you never know.

Dude I could go on about stereotypes, and other rash behavior all over the globe. I'm not surprised something like this happened, but I honestly don't feel too bad either. The people of the middle east obviously can't support western media, and the only reason these people are over there are to further push their own career's. I don't know much about this women, and obviously she just expierenced something that no women should, but as I say about police officers who signed up for the job, these things can happen when you put yourself in a risky situation.

We need to get back on topic. Sorry for throwing it off so far.

I had a slip back to my old shit for a minute.

Bahrain protests: Demonstrators occupy Pearl Square

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-12477620

Is the Arab revolt spreading to Libya?

http://blog.foreignpolicy.com/posts/2011/02/16/is_the_arab_revolt_spreading_to_libya

Casek stuff like that goes on across the globe, even here in America. I seen a special on ABC where dude went into a hotel in Haiti and was literally able to buy people. Specifically children.

I know dudes who go around chasing underage girls....

Are you seriously trying to convince me that because these kinds of events occur, the entire population of Egypt should suffer? Ain't happening.

I'm done talking about this American soap opera news story as well.

Casek stuff like that goes on across the globe, even here in America. I seen a special on ABC where dude went into a hotel in Haiti and was literally able to buy people. Specifically children.

I know dudes who go around chasing underage girls....

Are you seriously trying to convince me that because these kinds of events occur, the entire population of Egypt should suffer? Ain't happening.

I'm done talking about this American soap opera news story as well.

No, dude. I was just taken aback by the animalism of what happened to that reporter.

Let's move back on topic and forget this dumb argument. I apologize for throwing it off.

all i would say is to expect WORSE shit to happen, and probably stuff you won't even hear about either.. this is what happens when society breaks down.. it's something we don't want to hit home. this was supposedly a "peaceful" revolution, but history shows that most successful revolutions are violent.

Has it? I don't keep up with worldwide sexual assault news. (not being sarcastic)

What I was pissed about was the large group of men that surrounded her (like animals)

and raped her.

Yeah, I said rape.

I don't know if they deserve a dictator (I was just taken aback by what I had read), but they seem like some savage ass motherfuckers to do something like that. Not cool at all.

Ok bro. I personally find your post a little offensive. By saying "like animals" you are implying that animals are natural rapists. First of all bruh, we humans are animals. Second of all, non-human animals don't rape. They mate during their estrus period bruh. Rape is a product of the civilization of mankind.

we'll all eventually succumb to the consequences of ignorance.

now, can we get back the fuck on topic here?

CAIRO (Reuters) - Egyptian youth leaders moved to set up a new political party on Thursday in the post-Mubarak era while a committee worked on changing the constitution to prepare for elections promised by military rulers within six months.

The Higher Military Council that took over after the overthrow of Hosni Mubarak, 82, was under pressure on Thursday from activists demanding the immediate release of political prisoners and the lifting of emergency rule.

Pro-democracy leaders plan to bring one million people out on the streets for a "Victory March" on Friday to celebrate his ouster, and perhaps remind generals of the power of the street. The military was setting a strategy on Thursday for policing it.

Life in Egypt is still far from normal six days after the momentous overthrow of Mubarak, 82, with tanks on the streets of Cairo, banks closed, worker protests and demonstrations given voice by revolutionary fervour and schools shut down.

"We are in a test that we have yet to come out of. Are you pleased by the strikes, sit-ins, the closed factories, the banks that are not working?" army spokesman General Ismail Etmaan said on state television late on Wednesday night.

"The Higher Military Council will put matters back on track, but help us," he said. "The armed forces do not have future ambitions and want to hand power to the civilian parties when they are strong so that they don't collapse."

A committee, which includes a member of the Brotherhood, Sobhi Saleh, as well as legal and constitutional experts, was meeting on Thursday as the military dismantles the mechanism that kept Mubarak's autocratic rule in place.

Saleh said on Wednesday the military council had pledged to lift emergency laws before parliamentary and presidential elections are held. It was not immediately possible to confirm whether the council had given such a guarantee.

Some secular leaders fear that racing towards elections in a nation where Mubarak suppressed most opposition activity may hand an edge to the Brotherhood, banned under Mubarak.

The military council has already dissolved parliament and suspended the constitution and now the committee must hammer out new amendments, likely to shorten presidential terms and ensure fair election rules, that must be ready in 10 days.

As part of a transition to democracy and civilian rule, the nation will vote in a referendum on the amendments prior to parliamentary and presidential elections within six months.

CHILDREN OF THE REVOLUTION

Uncertainty remains over how much influence the military will seek to exert in reshaping a corrupt and oppressive ruling system which it has propped up for six decades.

Members of the new pro-democracy Council of Trustees of the Revolution appeared at a news conference in downtown Cairo on Wednesday night to say its goal was to unite ranks, protect the revolution and open a dialogue with the military.

Existing registered parties are mostly small, weak and fragmented. The Muslim Brotherhood, which under the now suspended constitution could not form a party, may be the best organised group, but its true popularity has yet to be tested.

With no clear leaders, the youth movement that was pivotal to the revolution due to its use of social networking sites to organise protests is seeking to overcome splits and expects to announce a timetable for a new political party on Thursday.

The U.S. Treasury on Wednesday told American banks to closely monitor transactions related to ousted Egyptian officials for any signs state assets were being misappropriated.

http://af.reuters.com/article/topNews/idAFJOE71G0DD20110217?pageNumber=1&virtualBrandChannel=0

now, if you all want to lament the suffering and adversity experienced by women, worldwide, at the hands of men, we can start a thread about it and fill it with page after page of examples from all pver the world about how women are manipulated, abused and tortured.

but we're not going to do that in here.

LIBYA, YEMEN, BAHRAIN: Protests continue to erupt across region

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/babylonbeyond/2011/02/libya-ghaddafi-clashes-protest-tahrir-egypt-yemen-bahrain.html

Reports of clashes Tuesday night between protesters and police in eastern Libya were the latest spasm of unrest sweeping the Middle East and North Africa as leaders attempt to avoid the revolutionary fervor that brought down governments in Tunisia and Egypt.

The Libyan city of Benghazi was reportedly the site of clashes between protesters and police after the arrest of Fathi Terbil, spokesman and lawyer for the families of those killed in the so-called Abu Salim massacre. More than 1,000 prisoners are thought to have died in that incident in Libya's Abu Salim prison in 1996.

The above footage was posted on YouTube by a user calling himself or herself "enoughgaddafi." It claims to show Tuesday's protest, although that could not be verified. Conflicting reports also emerged as to whether Terbil had been released.

The protests in Libya coincide with ongoing unrest in Yemen and Bahrain following the uprisings in Tunisia and Egypt that led to the ousting of longtime rulers.

[updated at 8:35 a.m.: Fatthi Ben Eissa, a Libyan journalist, said the violence in Benghazi broke out after a rumor spread that a fire in the prison had killed hundreds of inmates, many of whom were expected to be released on Wednesday. He said Terbil was briefly detained and released.

"They protested outside city hall, and clashes broke out with the revolutionary guard," Eissa said. "A number of activists who have been calling for mass anti-government protests on Feb. 17 took advantage of the incident. Whether what happened over the [prison rumor] has the potential to grow depends on what happens tomorrow. But other cities in Libya have so far been detached from protests."]

In Yemen, the violence appeared to be escalating Wednesday as protests entered their sixth consecutive day, with Al Jazeera reporting that dozens of students demanding the ouster of President Ali Abdullah Saleh were "set upon" by government supporters armed with clubs, stones and daggers just outside the University of Sana.

Reformist protesters in Bahrain, meanwhile, appear to be digging in their heels despite assurances from the interior minister that police officers suspected of involvement in the shooting deaths of two protesters have been detained.

On Wednesday, thousands of Bahrainis marched in the funeral procession of 31-year-old Fadhel Matrook. He was shot and killed while attending the funeral of another protester, Ali Abdulhadi Mushaima, who was shot on Monday amid widespread protests charging government abuse.

Several thousand have camped out in Manama's Pearl Roundabout, according to news reports, demanding democratic reforms and the release of all political prisoners.

-- Meris Lutz in Beirut and Amro Hassan in Cairo

I don't think Bahrain, Libya or Yemen will have any legs, their bosses aren't going anywhere just yet.

Algeria, though, that's interesting. Bouteflika is at odds with the head of security/intelligence over his succession plans, just like Mubarak was at odds with the military for the same reasons. Not sure if that will get off the ground but if it does it will definitely be interesting and possibly quite bloody if history is anything to go by.

Ben Ali reportedly in coma after stroke[/url]

yea, it's funny how he flees to Israel and all of a sudden has a stroke and is in a coma. wow, what a coincidence...

they use them until their done with em or they won't cooperate anymore, then they dispose of them, take all their assets and move on to the next puppet regime...

Iran reporting Mubarak fled to occupied territories in Israel

http://www.examiner.com/foreign-policy-in-national/iran-reporting-mubarak-fled-to-occupied-territories-israel

On Wednesday, February 16th, at 13:30, Iran French Radio announced that 'the Egyptian dictator fled to Israel's occupied territories'. The report goes on to say that Hosni Mubarak was transferred by helicopter on Tuesday to a hotel in Eilat, Israel in the occupied territories, according to TV station al-Alam, an Arabic language news site.

Eyewitnesses noticed suspicious activities in Eilat,including a large presence of security forces around a large hotel in the city, the report added. The security situation in Eilat is controlled through the air, according to eyewitnesses. This information site refers to a knowledgeable source, which claims to have learned from a member of the hotel staff that the ousted president of Egypt could stay there.

The news site contacted the hotel staff to check the veracity of this information, but they have not responded and were happy to just promise that the official spokesperson of the hotel would contact them.

Shalom Life reported yesterday that Mubarak was in 'Israel' in a luxury hotel. The same report appeared on the blog Gaza Solidarity.

At 15:01, the Islam Times headlined 'Hosni Mubarak in Israel', adding that his family was with him in Eilat.

As most reports pointed to Palestinian Al-Arab, I searched the site, and found the page reporting Mubarak had arrived in Eilat.

According to the translated version, it appears that Mubarak arrived, unconscious, and was transferred to a medical ward by stretcher and that he was receiving 'Israeli first aid'. According to sources, as of this writing, the medical staff did not come out of the hotel. The report goes on to say 'This confirms the fact that the ousted president arrived in the city of Eilat, was in critical condition where the medical staff trying to save his life.'

what a fucking idiot that guy is.

Former Tunisian President Zine al-Abidine Ben Ali is seriously ill in a Saudi hospital, reports say.

Mr Ben Ali, who was deposed in a popular uprising last month, has suffered a stroke, a family friend told AFP news agency.

The 74-year-old flew to Saudi Arabia with his family after weeks of mass protests over unemployment and poverty.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-12497988

Mubarak Has Reportedly "Given Up," Wants to Die in Egypt

An anonymous source in Saudi Arabia's government has reportedly said that ailing ousted Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak "has given up and wants to die" in the resort city he fled to last week.

Mubarak reportedly left Cairo for the luxurious city of Sharm el-Sheikh sometime after addressing Egyptians on state television Thursday, telling them he had transferred his authority to his recently appointed vice president, Omar Suleiman. On Friday, after protesters rallied in anger against the leader's refusal to step down, Suleiman announced that Mubarak had resigned.

Reports have since surfaced that Mubarak is in ailing health.

"He is not dead but is not doing well at all and refuses to leave," the Saudi official told the Reuters news agency about Mubarak. "Basically, he has given up and wants to die in Sharm."

The official asked Reuters not to be named in its article.

Another unnamed source "with links to the Mubarak family" said, however, that Mubarak was "fine" and was even making phone calls, Reuters reported.

The Saudi official also told Reuters that the kingdom had reached out to Mubarak and offered to let him live in the neighboring Middle Eastern country in exile like recently ousted Tunisian President Zine al-Abidine Ben Ali. Reuters reported it could not confirm that offer with the Saudi government.

It's another twist in the mysterious tale of what the 30-year ruler has been up to after being chased from power. So far, Mubarak has been reported to be in a coma and on his deathbed in a German hospital.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503543_162-20032292-503543.html