MLB 2011.. never to early thread!

KARD like WOE

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ukno what. CC came out with respectable stuff and was getting screwed by the umpire. He was locating his pitches exactly where you need to against a good hitting team. Edge of the strike zone. Ikno that pitch locater box isnt exact but its close enough and whenever the ball is touching the strike zone it should be a strike. Those arent balls. Them are good pitches. Eventually I think it fucked his head up and its not hard to figure out why. His good stuff was being called for balls. If you are CC how are you supposed to interpret that? Unless I throw it right down the middle its a ball?

Detroit has not been playing well. NY hasn't been either. Verlander wasn't bad but 75% of his starts hes got better stuff.

Perhaps the home plate ump feels like NY needs to get they salary capped too. He sure made some bad calls against em.

this is REAL TALK.

and from a tigers fan and non bias point of view.

that's y i respect bags, because he respects the game.

the same thing happened to LEE in game 2, that happened to CC as mentioned above.

same affect, same result...

that's y i'll reiterate my original point...

a 5 game set is BS, it should b 7 in the 1st rd.

^^^ woulda figured Aroid...

finally found the time to go see Moneyball. holy fuck if your a fan of baseball you NEED to see it. great movie. perhaps the As and the game itself can gain a few fans from this film. for those that dont know it encompasses the season that broke and made the all time win streak. idk, i was impressed.

congrats Rangers fans! Detroit fans, i figured you all had that in the bag with AJ on the mound. fuck

u got on AJ b4 i said he'd come threw and he did...

tonight's line show's experience to me... woulda liked 6 innings, but that the age... and management.

IP 5.2

H 4

R 1

ER 1

BB 4

SO 3

HR 1

That's a good line in my book. maybe if he did'nt feel like all of NYC did'nt believe in him he would be more consistent. pitchers are streaky in general, but experience is everything, and aj has plenty of that under his belt.

this is REAL TALK.

and from a tigers fan and non bias point of view.

that's y i respect bags, because he respects the game.

the same thing happened to LEE in game 2, that happened to CC as mentioned above.

same affect, same result...

that's y i'll reiterate my original point...

a 5 game set is BS, it should b 7 in the 1st rd.

i definitely noticed when the ump wasnt callin shit for lee...there was one pitch where chooch even looked back at the ump and was like are you serious?. to be fair he did make some shitty calls for st. louie as well...im all for 7 game series instead of the really short post season we have now. I would also like to see a 2nd wildcard in each league

Just heard Pujols bitchin about MLB scheduling last nights game at 4pm. He said that MLB knows that they have issues with shadows in the stadium in the day time and if they were the yankees they would have been accomodated with a night game...This coming from a guy with three doubles in a game and is playing in his home park...If they won he wouldnt be saying shit.

Also just heard Cole Hamels has the record for most postseason wins and strike outs by a Phillies pitcher, passing Lefty Steve Carlton in both in post season with 1 or fewer runs allowed... Atta boy Cole, Atta boy

And finally, is Detroit serious sending Fister to the mound in game 5? He has almost a 12.0 era...Tigers gonna need a shit load of offense to win this in yankee stadium

God, Pujouls is a baby. You would think the opposing team would also have trouble with

"Shadows" and negate the issue.

The Fox Network sent out a release saying that A.J. Pierzynski will provide commentary for both the American league Championship Series and the World Series.

AJ will be perfect. Great baseball mind and personality. And he speaks english.

"I think the series will finish in our house," Valverde told ESPNdeportes.com's Enrique Rojas and other outlets.

"They have a good team, but the series is not (coming) back to New York."

Maybe I'm just used to Mo but I hate Valverde's over the top antics, didn't like it when Joba did it either.

I'll let it slide in the post season for obvious reasons, but you saving games in April,May,June and flipping out

like you just clinched game 7 is retarded.

fuck AJ Pierzynski. The fox announcing is already bad enough as is.

Edit: cosign on valverde being way too over the top. Dude will do mini celebrations on first and second outs too. Yeah, you're good, but act like you've been there before and save the showboating for when its something worth showboating over