MLB 2011.. never to early thread!

KARD like WOE

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well Francona had a great 8 yrs in boston. i feel its NOT his fault. if they are getting rid of Terry they need to get rid of Lackey. period. over paid, fucking up the club house, cant pitch. never takes blame.

with that said, i think the city of Chicago will be getting Francona, not sure what team but both are in need and white sox management already expressed great interest in him.

i think john farrell or mike scioscia could take over in boston. bobby valentine being mentioned too... ill pass on that. i would LOVE to see curt schilling. it will never happen but that would be sick...

The Rays are really fucking hot right now. I would not put it past them knocking out Texas. Anything can happen though, so we shall see. I'd like to see TB over Texas, Detroit over yanks and then TB beating out Detroit to go to the WS. On the NL tip, I enjoy watching both the phillies and the brew crew and am hoping for a heated battle between the two of them for a spot in the WS. Any which way you slice it though, this should be an enjoyable post season.

Ugh, fuck. Are all the playoff games on TBS? For some reason, I don't think I get that in my backwards ass cable package. Hopefully when I get home in an hour and a half, I'll discover that I'm mistaken.

Edit: ugh again. Just checked my channel lineup and I'm 99% sure I don't get it

Double edit: ok, I feel better now. I can pay $6 and get the TBS games on MLB.tv

Man, what the fuck is this? The MLB.tv package is nothing but set camera angles, so if you're watching from a center field angle and they hit it, it doesn't cut to a different angle and you have to manually do it or have multiple angles going at once. And when you swap angles, it has to re-buffer, so it's not like i can quick switch it right as they get a hit. So fucking stupid.

What a fucking waste. I'm better off just listening to a radio broadcast, because it's not even worth watching the games like this.

edit: Ha, it gets even better. When I try to do a center field view as the main window, and have a picture in picture down the first base line, they're not even synched up. I have about a 20 second delay between the 2 right now.

$5.99, so no sweat off my back. At least I can watch games that are on Fox, but that leaves me with this garbage for the bulk of the games. Most of the angles aren't even watchable, because 90% of the time it's the camera men just looking all over the fucking place while the broadcast isn't showing their angle.

It's the postseason version of MLB.tv, which is live streams of games. During the normal season, you can watch either the home or away broadcasts exactly as you'd see it on tv, as long as you're not in either teams actual broadcast area, and excluding a few select blackout windows on saturday/sunday afternoons. It let me watch all of the Twins games this year, with the Twins broadcast and announcers, since I'm in Massachusetts.

I was expecting it just to be the TBS broadcasts but in streaming form, but I was mistaken. Probably should've read the fine print, but I got home from work right as the Detroit/NY game was starting, and didn't bother.

yea i herd of watching the games as long as your not in a blackout zone. how stupid for them to switch it up for the best and most impt games of the season...

just caught the highlights of the rangers game and holy shit Cooper Stone throwing out the first pitch. that whole place was standing and grown men wiping tears. heavy shit...

Man, what the fuck is this? The MLB.tv package is nothing but set camera angles, so if you're watching from a center field angle and they hit it, it doesn't cut to a different angle and you have to manually do it or have multiple angles going at once. And when you swap angles, it has to re-buffer, so it's not like i can quick switch it right as they get a hit. So fucking stupid.

What a fucking waste. I'm better off just listening to a radio broadcast, because it's not even worth watching the games like this.

edit: Ha, it gets even better. When I try to do a center field view as the main window, and have a picture in picture down the first base line, they're not even synched up. I have about a 20 second delay between the 2 right now.

two words, SPORTS BAR...