MLB 2011.. never to early thread!

KARD like WOE

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was 6 out of 6 today with picks, but decided not to bet today. me = total faggot

/no gambling talk

a great day of baseball for sure though, snakes walk off grand slam, boston squeaker, tampa triple play, giants route and b belt goes 3-3. i really want to route for the brewers, but that rascal nyjer....he is from the bay though apparently, so..

Ozzie's time was up in Chicago. His drive was gone, for whatever reason. Konerko even said that. Ozzie wants to get paid, cool. He knew Miami would take care of that. I laughed when he tried to say he was broke and the White Sox weren't paying him enough. He made $23 million alone as a player for the White Sox. Said that his family members were spending all his money. Love Ozzie.

When Ozzie starts speaking, his logic goes out the window.

I love what he brought to the team, but he did quit on the White Sox and the salary/contract talk during a horrible end season run was the move of a guy with two feet out the door.

Big Baseball today for the Rays and the Sawx. I'm praying they both lose or win so we can have the 1 game playoff.

Catching Hell was Hillarious. Cub fans are such losers and they wrecked a guys life cause they're idiots. 40 yr old guy on tv who threw a beer right on Bartman who still gloats over doing it. Real good look.

That D-Bag win was crazy. Wildest extra inning I've watched in a long time. 11 runs.

Starting to look like Detroit / NY. Unless Boston sorts out their pitching IF they make the playoffs I dont see them doing much against Texas. I remember after the allstar break Detroit took 3 of 4 against Tx. Made em look silly at home. Maybe it was 2 of 3 but we almost swept em. However, their team avg is a game better than ours so I'm willing to concede that they probably just hit a mini slump. It happens.

Otherwise. We have 2 legit aces nowadays. Nobody expected of Doug Fister the numbers hes put up. Since coming to Detroit hes gone 8-1 with a .6 ERA. I honestly think his shit is better than Verlander. Better command atleast. The biggest difference is JV and reach back and touch 101 and I think the fastest heater i seen out of Fister is 94 or 95. Max Scherzer is pretty legit too. Hes settled into #3 but his stuff is good and hes smart. His biggest problem is he rents out space in his head with a guy on 2nd. I still have a good deal of confidence in him. Tigers offense is good enough to carry Rick Porcello too i think. Porcello has good enough stuff hes just kinda dumb up there. Occasionally he throws the wrong pitch.

Im excited about Tigers Baseball going forward. Even if we dont get past NY next year dont expect Carlos Guillen or Magglio Ordonez back. Frees up 20 million. The rest of our guys are young. Oldest player on the team i think is Miguel Cabrera and he just turned 28, actually V Martinez may be older. Dunno but hes settled into the DH role very well. Batting AVG is like 330. Im excited. Drop Guillen and Ordonez in the off season and buy the best available pitcher and look out.

the crazy thing is the Yanks have a great deal of control over what happens to the Sox given the situation they put themselves in. why on earth would the Yanks try to win tonight, nothing should bring them more satisfaction making it harder for the Sox to limp into the play offs. they are not playing regulars and Girardi shut the bullpen down. if the Reys cant pull a W given that and Prince is pitching...

aside from going to 2 games and sports center, i have not watched baseball in 2 weeks. so disgusted.

yea tie breakers are kinda cool but im not interested. a month ago i would have been all for it! haha

anyone wanna discuss MVP or Cy Young?

al mvp: Jacoby Elsbury (no homer) and he will get the golden glove too just saying...

al cy Young:Verlander

nl mvp: Ryan Braun

nl Cy Young: Kershaw (just hope his teams record dont bring his votes down)

oh and tarps off in balto... 3hrs of rain? orly?