MLB 2011.. never to early thread!

KARD like WOE

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rangers' Hamilton provides customers with red carpet treatment

Josh Hamilton's fourth inning grand slam ensured that the Texas Rangers lead in the AL West over the Los Angeles Angels remain at three games, but also triggered a unique promotion from a local flooring company.

CAPTION

By Jim Cowsert, US Presswire

Customers who purchased flooring or countertops in September from CC Carpet and Floor Design in Dallas will get a refund, thanks the company's Grand Slam Payout promotion.

"We're so excited," said Steve Fitzgerald, owner of CC Carpet and Floor Design. "We only wish he had done it right at the end of the promotion so we could have saved folks even more money. But it's great."

The promotion was to run until Sept. 28.

Fitzgerald said he estimates the promotion probably saved customers a little more than $500,000. His company bought insurance.

Hamilton's grand slam off Cleveland Indians starter David Huff was his third of his career -- and first since 2008.

"The situation doesn't come up that often, and when it does, you can't help but think about it," Hamilton said. "I'm in the business of giving back. I like to help people as much as I can by giving back. So that's cool."

Said Fitzgerald: "Maybe the next time we do something, people will think twice and do it. I knew he'd do it. I told a buddy when he came up with the bases loaded that he was going to do it then. It was exciting."

The Rangers 9-1 win matched the Angels' 4-1 win over the Athletics on Wednesday. The Rangers have 13 games remaining including three at Los Angeles to end the season.

i think he was being sarcastic.....at least i hope he was

mismanaged salary has been huge for us, obviously with zito/rowand etc

but I feel comfortable with our roster.....injury free.

supposedly the recent shift in front office was a move to block ownership that was trying to put earning before winning. I hope that is the truth...

look at alll this complaining! haha

sox were chose to be in the big game with 100 wins and look at them...

no team in history has been 10 games up in september and not made the play offs which looks like its about to happen. another loss and TB win and they are tied for losses with TB. i watched a game this weekend and it just pains me. so gross to watch. between all the pitching injuries and key players slumping at the same time... there is no excuse aside from injury, sox have the money, have the players and they just outright stinking the joint out...