GUYS FOR FRIENDS

Iris

in my situation....

well i have a lot of guy friends and that was even before i met my fiance. it was back in the day when i skated and i was the "new girl in town" so everyone wanted a piece of me type of deal. but didnt get any, trust me. but as far as the whole, can friends (in this situation, guy and a girl) be platonic? i think they can. some guys know limits and honestly, there are so many guys out there that have respected the fact that i have a man. they also know that there is no way in hell that i am leaving him. now, if there was a hint that i was going to leave my man, they'd pounce on me like a a cat playing. but, it doesnt mean that the guy is thinking dirty thoughts about the woman. there might be a physical attraction, and there might be a mental attraction, but, in my experience, i have had one guy come on to me more than a friend. sure there is flirtation, but it wont go further than that, it depends. but like webster said "trust no man". just feel the boundaries out with the guy friends. and tell him what your boundaries are and show him that you aren't going to go any further than what he wants. take for example, i have had so many guy friends and there are two that i am going to talk about.

1. the true friend...now this guy, i never had a physical attraction to at first. but i got to know him and let me tell you, he became my best friend. we talked on the phone everyday, ate lunch, took long walks, blaw blaw blaw...since we were close friends, he admitted it to me that he thought that i was attractive, mentally and physically. but, he never once made a move. you know why? because he respected the fact that i was in a relationship. and thats why till this day i am still friends with him. and so is my man.

2. the devil...this guy....wanted to get into my pants from the beggining. what a sucka. he actually thought gaining my friendship and trust would get him into my pants. heck no. he knew that i had a man and was not going to leave hum, but it didnt stop buddy boy. so what did i do, i kicked him to the curb.

it all depends on the situation or it might even depend on the guy and whether or not he really wants to break a home. but you know, it also depends on the girl. if she is sneaky enough to do it, she would. but i can understand why mr. bojangles is freaking out. because he's a guy, he knows how guys think. you cant blame him.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest MR BOJANGLES
Originally posted by seeking innocence

but thats the difference between guys and girls... we cant really do that shit, because sex isnt as emotional for us. we look at it as a physical thing, and you cant really repress a natural physical urge, or atleast not the urge to have the urge. just because we have girls that are friends, that doesnt mean that we will cheat, it just means that we think about what it would be like from time to time

exactly! ive tried to tell her this before!

Guest MR BOJANGLES

its all good tease! id rather have her chillin with graf writers than frat boys any day!

- i was just watchin happy gilmore...and to quote adam sandler "what?!?!? friends listen to endless love, together, in the dark!"

so when you first saw this 'hot' girl did you think...

"She'd be such a good friend... I feel like we could talk for hours."

or did you think...

"Hot Damn I want a piece of that!"

actually zesto...i thought the first thing you said...i mean, of course i wanted to hit it, but after talking to her i realized she was a better friend than that, and never felt like that again...maybe it's because i am younger...i dont know

Re: Re: NOPE

Originally posted by fr8oholic

nah brother. d) doesn't exist in my mind. there's heaps of chicks i know that i haven't nailed yet but if they don't fall under the ugly category i still wanna screw the living daylights out of them.

lots of good points...this one is my favorite.

there are a lot of girls im friends with that i havent hit......but you better believe if the opportunity EVER came up...id be droppin the backpack full of cans and be running.

Girls are all emotional.

Boys are all physical.

Fuck it all --

so my question is: If a guy has a girlfriend - one whom he loves with all his heart and he has beautiful friends whom are girls will he --

A) think of her and the dirty things that can be done from time to time?

B) see her only as a friend and 'keep it real'?

C) flirt like mad (this includes 'casual' touching)?

D) be places where she will be without his lady?

E) given the right moment - get busy?

honestly .. can guys be 'just friends' with beautiful girls without thinking anything?

I seriously think that it's easier for ladies to be friends with males and keep it platonic.

why why why damn it?!?!?!?

Doesn't anyone know the meaning of self control anymore? Why can't people think with their 'minds'?

:confused: :confused: :confused:

i CAN do anything i want.

if i care about the girl im with, i wouldnt do anything to hurt her.

but then again, it seems that a lot of women dont know what to do when faced with a guy that will treat them right.

fuckit, cans and trains dont put me through that kind of bullshit.

Originally posted by jades_blue

honestly .. can guys be 'just friends' with beautiful girls without thinking anything?

Absolutely, unequivocally NO. By genetic design. Final answer.

The guys in this thread aren't even letting on how far it goes. I never accepted the "D" category listed early in this thread (girls I gave up trying to hit on, and became friends with). I haven't given up - I'm still scheming, ready to usurp. Boyfriends change. I PRETEND friendship with these women - because if I don't, and I keep trying to bust up something serious she has going on, she'll eventually tell me to fuck off. I'm just lying low for a while, years if necessary. And even my phony friendship is worth something, because she thinks it's real. Maybe it is even real - but I'm still thinking about her naked.

Now here's the man's saving grace: You said he's all physical, she's all emotional. Not true. Men just have the CHRONOLOGY backwards from women: get physical first, then possibly open up emotionally. Women are emotional first, then physical. Men aren't merely scheming slime, despite what I revealed above - we just can't get down on that emotionally satisfying level until the physical urges are taken care of.

and i wouldnt ever cheat...fuck all that.

famous last words.. LOL

it is about the morality of the person.

hot friends at first can be attractive physically, then you can realize they are good people but not something you desire.

but the sex thing is more of the "spread the seed" caveman biological shit that is deep ingrained. society has thrown the "lifelong linkage" and "family (pack) values" thing all askew. so much so that how do we really know what we would do without its (society) restraints.

would humans be like swans? one love for your life?

like deer? the strongest male gets the herd?

like dogs? strongest male goes first? then the free for all begins?

it depends on the person. if it happens, well, then you couldn't trust them. if it doesn't happen, then you worried and stressed them out for nothing all those years. and probably lived life less than fully because of the hangups.

you ever notice that sometimes the people who stay together the longest are the ones who can look away from the obvious? while still maintaining self respect?

So I dont have any girlfriends what so ever, all my friends are guys and I have many of them. As far as I can remember none of them have ever tried anything, well maybe 1 but I think thats it. And Im def. not busted up or anything, I have had a lot of break up probs lately, and they all tell me how pretty I am and smart and all that shit, and there are tons of other guys out there. So are they just trying to get with me or are they just being my friends. I guess im dumb to this shit cuz i never had the thought they were ever lookin for somethin else other than friendship. After reading this...boy am i a dummy.

Guest imported_El Mamerro
Originally posted by Cracked Ass

Boom jigga. There you have it, girls. We're sorry, we can't help it, so don't take it personally. Beer,

El Mamerro

Re: NOPE

Originally posted by --zeSto--

sorry but...

For a guy, there are 4 types of girl

a) The few we have slept with

B) The many we haven't slept with yet, but want to

c) Girls we dont want to sleep because they're nasty

d) Girls we tried to sleep with but never got to and have decided to just be friends with

i agree

Originally posted by Cracked Ass

The guys in this thread aren't even letting on how far it goes. I never accepted the "D" category listed early in this thread (girls I gave up trying to hit on, and became friends with). I haven't given up - I'm still scheming, ready to usurp. Boyfriends change. I PRETEND friendship with these women - because if I don't, and I keep trying to bust up something serious she has going on, she'll eventually tell me to fuck off. I'm just lying low for a while, years if necessary. And even my phony friendship is worth something, because she thinks it's real. Maybe it is even real - but I'm still thinking about her naked.

Now here's the man's saving grace: You said he's all physical, she's all emotional. Not true. Men just have the CHRONOLOGY backwards from women: get physical first, then possibly open up emotionally. Women are emotional first, then physical. Men aren't merely scheming slime, despite what I revealed above - we just can't get down on that emotionally satisfying level until the physical urges are taken care of.

i agree (to all of it.)(partly because i do the same.) On another note; attraction is first physical then it develops into emotional , if emotional doesn't happen then it falls apart.

Guest Obsessed

i have many girls who are friends and every so often they pass over to the dark side, but we usually remain friends after we do our thing

Honestly I think it all depends...seriously..between painting guy friends..whom you meet up with and people you actually keep in touch with on a personal friendship basis..My boyfriend will always be my number one partner in crime..but if we decide to meet up with other people..why not..it doesnt mean..your crossing lines..

I ve had a painting homey turn sour and want more..this is a difficult situation..and you wonder why they stop talking to you..when they discover your not down for anything besides well...painting..

I in my own world..cant see the need to hang around groups of the opposite sex..if the person your with emotionally truly satisfies you..unless your in the same game..whatever that may be..

jades.......if the boy your talking about..has mutual interests..or has the same hobbies as these females..then that can be reasonable ya know..

but if hes crossing lines..as in touching..um..then no....but jealousy could be making him "flirt" as well..you know..when someone fears losing you..you start venturing into carefree catagories..thats from what i see anyways..so then..he has these friends to flirt with..and the girl..who cant stand it..both are food for egos..go figure..and thats just generally what ive seen..in most risky situations..

i heard this somewhere:

men give love to get sex, women give sex to get love.

it is really depressing to think of it like that. basically what i gather from this is... men are only faithful because they have to be and would rather go fuck every chick they see. am i wrong? does any guy only want one girl?? that is so fucking depressing. i'd rather be a lesbian and know that the person i want only wants ME back.

Originally posted by Iris

i heard this somewhere:

men give love to get sex, women give sex to get love.

it is really depressing to think of it like that. basically what i gather from this is... men are only faithful because they have to be and would rather go fuck every chick they see. am i wrong? does any guy only want one girl?? that is so fucking depressing. i'd rather be a lesbian and know that the person i want only wants ME back.

"men give love to get sex"

Where did you hear that piece of rubbish?

The truth is more complicated.

Men want sex FIRST, with anyone attractive and not completely fucked-up personality-wise. After they have sex, and they get to know the girl a little better, they can decide whether it's love. If so, the guy is then very capable of monogamy, devotion, and all that other special stuff that women like so much. Not all guys WILL capitulate though. The guys most likely to fuck up the second part of the script are the slick assholes who most women fall for in the first place. They are the ones who will PRETEND to give love in order to get sex, and still cheat on you later.

That's why I said try a shy guy. He's much more likely to stay with you once you get past the early stages. And it's tougher for him to screw around behind your back (he's shy).

Women need to understand that no matter what, even if he's in love and committed to one person, a man will always be moved by the sight of a beautiful woman. He'll think about the possibilities. It's natural, unstoppable. If he's yours, he'll master himself, smile, and turn away from her - but he thought about it. That's just men, now and forever, amen.

As for part 2 of your confused proverb -women give sex to get love - it may be true, but if so they give it to all the wrong men.

Archived